Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.
Last time I was done there, my boys and I played around in the Gemini Bridges area and over by the Monitor and Merrimack buttes. Low fuel in our motorcycles and time constraints had us heading back to town before we made it to uranium arch. Now I see we missed out, your photo is better than any I'd seen online previously.
Keep up the adventures, and keep sharing the photos, they're gorgeous. I for one am envious that you can spend so much time exploring. Enjoy it!
Thanks! We made it to Gemini Bridges on this trip as well. Haven't been to the others you mentioned yet. The photo of Uranium Arch is probably the best angle you can get a good picture from. I tried from all over the place and that one turned out the best. Here it is from a few different angles to get a better idea of what it looks like in real life.

Jeep Gladiator Amazing Gladiator trips in 2022 from Florida to California and back! Love this Jeep... IMG_4803.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Amazing Gladiator trips in 2022 from Florida to California and back! Love this Jeep... IMG_4794.JPG
Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! We made it to Gemini Bridges on this trip as well. Haven't been to the others you mentioned yet. The photo of Uranium Arch is probably the best angle you can get a good picture from. I tried from all over the place and that one turned out the best. Here it is from a few different angles to get a better idea of what it looks like in real life.

Jeep Gladiator Amazing Gladiator trips in 2022 from Florida to California and back! Love this Jeep... IMG_4794.JPG

Your first pic was definitely the best angle. These two are similar to most of the pictures online that I'd seen before. They definitely don't make it look near as impressive as your photo in the first post.
Next trip, I'll have to make it a point to go see it in person.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Love it. What resources did you use to plan the trip?
Everything I could find! LOL A few key resources on these particular trips were:

Roadtrippers app to plan the cross country road route and look for interesting things on the way.

www.overlandtrailguides.com to explore different overland routes and download gpx files.

Overland Journal/Expedition Portal.

Gaia to follow the gpx routes. I also used the new backcountry weather feature to get an idea of temps in the different areas.

onX Offroad for trails around Moab.

Also a fan of Trails Offroad.

Beyond that just a lot of searching, youtube, etc.

We leave the schedule open as much as possible so we can modify it. Sometimes you want to stay in an area longer (or shorter). Or you may find out about unplanned cool things to explore along the way. We made a few unplanned additions on the Death Valley trip including Sand Hollow and Zion (didn't post any pics of those).

Sponsored

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
Thanks for sharing those awesome pics. Can't wait till we are able to get out west hopefully late in 23 or early 24.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Love the Steelies!
Any plans to add baby moons?

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
What amazing country! Thanks for sharing! I am nearing my final plans for bed rack, rtt, etc. Any advice on must-haves, would be nice, or not needed? Looks like the basics and some good planning.

Edit: Lost Coast is a great brewery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
How was the trip back to The Doll House? Did you come down from the Flint Swithbacks or did you come in from Hite? Any issues with turning radius or breakover once the trail gets turny and shelfy? I've been back there in a JLU before and also stayed at DH3.

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that looks awesome. Love the pics. What caused the spark plug issue and had you get towed?

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
What amazing country! Thanks for sharing! I am nearing my final plans for bed rack, rtt, etc. Any advice on must-haves, would be nice, or not needed? Looks like the basics and some good planning.

Edit: Lost Coast is a great brewery.
You can do a lot with just the basics. Then figure out what you need as you go along.

For me, I really like having a fridge. Might even add an ice maker. The hot shower is nice if you are gone for a long time, but for many trips you really don't need it. We also really like having Starlink. I can keep an eye on the business and stay in touch, download movies, etc. And of course you need your basic recovery gear and a satellite communicator if you are going remote. The main thing to have is time!

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
How was the trip back to The Doll House? Did you come down from the Flint Swithbacks or did you come in from Hite? Any issues with turning radius or breakover once the trail gets turny and shelfy? I've been back there in a JLU before and also stayed at DH3.
We came down Flint. No problem for the Gladiator. The switchbacks on Black Bear are tighter and the Gladiator can do those with no problems.

The trip out to Dollhouse was slower going than I expected. Nothing we couldn't handle but it took more time than I planned for. We are on a 3.5" lift and 37s. That was enough to get through without issues.

We stayed at Golden Stairs first. Then went on to Dollhouse followed by Cleopatra's Chair. We could only get one night at DH unfortunately. I would have liked to spend two or three nights there. Cleopatra's Chair was beautiful but crazy windy.

This is the switchbacks at 2X speed. POV
Sponsored

Last edited: