Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Jeep® Brand Collaborates With Midland Radio to Deliver Co-branded Walkie Talkies
  • Iconic off-road Jeep® vehicle establishes Midland Radio as the market leader in off-road communications
May 11, 2023 , Kansas City, Mont. - Today, Midland Radio, the leader in two-way radio communication technology, announced its collaboration with the Jeep® brand the authentic global SUV brand that brings capability, versatility and off-road adventure to owners and enthusiasts around the world. Midland Radio is kicking off the relationship with the introduction of the T77VP5J Jeep X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack, the first of many Jeep-branded Midland products to come.

Midland Radio and the Jeep brand have long been at the forefront of the off-roading community, providing rugged and reliable products that enthusiasts love. The dedication and affinity toward this community over the years is why both brands continue to create unrivaled experiences for this audience through innovative products and events. Midland's continued sponsorship of Jeep Jamboree and this newly announced relationship further solidifies Midland Radio's position as the market leader in off-road communications and the trusted manufacturer for Jeep enthusiasts.

The T77VP5J Jeep X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack is a by-product of Midland’s long-time customer favorite T71 license-free handheld. With features that include up to 38 miles in range, 36 channels, crisp communication and Weather Alert Radio with Weather Scan technology, users can venture far and wide without worrying about losing contact or getting caught in severe weather. A micro-USB charging port also allows for easy, accessible in-vehicle recharging. Now, Jeep enthusiasts can show off their love for the brand on a practical piece of equipment that they can take with them on the trails or out while camping.

“When the leading automotive manufacturer brand of off-road vehicles chooses and trusts you as their go-to off-road communication equipment, you are doing something right,” said Dan Schwartz, CEO of Midland Radio. “We are excited to partner with the Jeep brand and to announce the T77VP5J. We aim to enhance all Jeep enthusiasts’ experiences by providing the best possible communication while hitting the trails in their Jeep 4x4 vehicles.”

The T77VP5J is the first Midland Radio product to bear the Jeep brand logo, with additional models to come in the popular MicroMobile line.

The T77VP5J Jeep X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack is offered at $134.99 and is currently available for purchase from Midland and approved retailers.

bu023_143ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_144ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_145ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_146ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_147ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_148ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_149ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_150ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_151ev-jpg.jpg

bu023_152ev-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Pretty cool. I have a set of handheld Motorola FRS radios that work with my in-Jeep hard wired GMRS.

Very handy for spotting and if the kids wander off to explore while we’re taking a break or eating.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
So, the Jeep branding adds $30 to the price tag?
It's only a $10 bump in MSRP. But this is the blueprint for injecting new sales these days.
  1. Take existing product
  2. Add someone's logo to it
  3. Call it a "collaboration"
  4. Charge more money
Bonus points if you also call it a "limited release", "limited edition", "special edition", or similar.

It works, though, that's the thing. Not for me, but it scratches an itch for a certain group.

Sponsored

Hayduke

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Only $10 extra to get Jeep branded versions of radios?

I might be in.

I realize you guys think this is a gimmick, and it is, but allow me to offer my perspective...

I'm a new Jeep owner, and I'm liking the whole "Jeep Thing" and the community.
Jeeps, and the accessories, are expensive. Especially, for quality.
Midland makes high quality radios.
I don't currently have radios.
I'm their perfect customer.

I'm actually thinking I will install something with a fixed antenna in Sandy, but I might still get a set of these for spotting or hiking.
We have a radio in the RV already, and I like the improved range of a fixed antenna.

If I was looking at 2 pairs of radios that were identical except one had the Jeep logos for $10 more, I'm gonna get the Jeep ones for my new truck. :p

I already like Midland as a brand, but this 'collaboration' does affect my impression of them, ie I might have a preference for a Midland micromobile in the truck.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
I'll stick with being able to kick 50w across FRS and GMRS.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
What would be super cool is if there was an integration into the current electronic suite. That would be a collaboration. This is just co-branding.

Not hating it, I love my T77VP5 kit and the range is phenomenal... but not worth the extra $35 for the Jeep logo and green color. (BassPro/Cabelas sells for $99 for the same kit)

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Only $10 extra to get Jeep branded versions of radios?

I might be in.

I realize you guys think this is a gimmick, and it is, but allow me to offer my perspective...

I'm a new Jeep owner, and I'm liking the whole "Jeep Thing" and the community.
Jeeps, and the accessories, are expensive. Especially, for quality.
Midland makes high quality radios.
I don't currently have radios.
I'm their perfect customer.

I'm actually thinking I will install something with a fixed antenna in Sandy, but I might still get a set of these for spotting or hiking.
We have a radio in the RV already, and I like the improved range of a fixed antenna.

If I was looking at 2 pairs of radios that were identical except one had the Jeep logos for $10 more, I'm gonna get the Jeep ones for my new truck. :p

I already like Midland as a brand, but this 'collaboration' does affect my impression of them, ie I might have a preference for a Midland micromobile in the truck.
For me it is the opposite.

I feel I agree with your profile, new to jeep off-roading, spotting etc but unless these are more rugged or have better battery or range, I will pick a normal Midlands up and put 10 bucks of gas in the vehicle. Also in the fixed install I can pick up a mount for my antenna or some such for the 10 bucks, wire etc.

Sponsored

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
or $35 for walkies only and you don't need all the additional bullshit.

https://www.grainger.com/product/49VZ76

agree with bourbonrunner, hopefully in the future a 2-way communication system between jeeps will be integrated to onboard.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
unless these are more rugged or have better battery or range, I will pick a normal Midlands up and put 10 bucks of gas in the vehicle.
This is the real missed opportunity. Make them more rugged, and create some kind of system to make them easier to charge in the vehicle. Pair that with the branding, and you’ve got something truly unique for the Jeep.

That would truly be a collaboration!

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
This is the real missed opportunity. Make them more rugged, and create some kind of system to make them easier to charge in the vehicle. Pair that with the branding, and you’ve got something truly unique for the Jeep.

That would truly be a collaboration!
100% agree. In an ideal world the radio would plug in via a USB port like a phone and use the speakers and mic in the truck, or better be a hardwired dealer installed option.

At bare minimum they could at least offer a GMRS hardwire unit by Midland for Jeep in the Mopar catalog...