2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Highly doubt that they would be able to sell more than 150-160k a year without super high sales and a very large capital investment in their plant again.

The cost is gonna keep people out.

But if the sales are there, then the sales are there, but they are having large issues for JL right now.
I am willing to bet that the entry level Gladiator Sport - maybe even a regular cab - will start at a price of $34,995. The fully equipped Rubicon with all options tops out at $57,000.
Sponsored

WranglerWillys

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 Willy's MB
I am willing to bet that the entry level Gladiator Sport - maybe even a regular cab - will start at a price of $34,995. The fully equipped Rubicon with all options tops out at $57,000.

I hope your right.

Shaddrach

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover 110 Defender
Considering a JL I spec’d comes to $57K, I think you are a bit low on the top-out price. A fully optioned JT, I see breaking $60K. If they ever release a diesel...add a few thousand more.

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering a JL I spec’d comes to $57K, I think you are a bit low on the top-out price. A fully optioned JT, I see breaking $60K. If they ever release a diesel...add a few thousand more.
I agree about the diesel

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
When I build a JL Sport S with a few of the options we know are standard on the JT, the MSRP easily goes over 42k. I'd guess we are looking at just under 45K as the starting MSRP on a JT. It really stinks as reality starts to sink in that the JT is going to cost every bit as much as a 4x4 full size. I shouldn't be surprised as a loaded 4x4 XLT Ranger has an MSRP over 40k, so I can see how the JT is going to easily blow by 40K. This truck will be for those that want a Jeep truck and are willing to pay thousands extra to get one. I'd say the purchasers will be comparable to those that purchase/shop the Tacoma TRD Pro and Colorado Bison. Everyone else will settle on better deals elsewhere.

Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
When I build a JL Sport S with a few of the options we know are standard on the JT, the MSRP easily goes over 42k. I'd guess we are looking at just under 45K as the starting MSRP on a JT. It really stinks as reality starts to sink in that the JT is going to cost every bit as much as a 4x4 full size. I shouldn't be surprised as a loaded 4x4 XLT Ranger has an MSRP over 40k, so I can see how the JT is going to easily blow by 40K. This truck will be for those that want a Jeep truck and are willing to pay thousands extra to get one. I'd say the purchasers will be comparable to those that purchase/shop the Tacoma TRD Pro and Colorado Bison. Everyone else will settle on better deals elsewhere.
What were some of the extras you added that will standard on the JT?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
What were some of the extras you added that will standard on the JT?
Built a Wrangler 4 Door Sport S ($34,645) and added Auto transmission ($2000) Anti-Spin Rear Diff ($595), technology ($995), trailer tow ($795), Dual Top ($2295) and Active Safety ($995) for a total of $43,815. So I can see how a JT Sport will easily run $45K.d
Perhaps a Rebel for 43K makes more sense, lol....but kinda serious. As you can see from my join date (9/17) I have been waiting for the JT as I've had the fever for one.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...new-1500-rebel-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfltxkn542047

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
I hope that you are right my friend. For that price I will probably sleep on the couch for a while, I don't think that's a price that would drive my wife to murder me. . . . I don't think.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Built a Wrangler 4 Door Sport S ($34,645) and added Auto transmission ($2000) Anti-Spin Rear Diff ($595), technology ($995), trailer tow ($795), Dual Top ($2295) and Active Safety ($995) for a total of $43,815. So I can see how a JT Sport will easily run $45K.d
Perhaps a Rebel for 43K makes more sense, lol....but kinda serious. As you can see from my join date (9/17) I have been waiting for the JT as I've had the fever for one.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjee...new-1500-rebel-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfltxkn542047
Makes pretty good sense when you put it that way. Those are options we would probably all want anyway. Unfortunately that’s pretty high.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

Those aren’t exactly all confirmed to be standard on the JT - the tranny and the dual tops are going to be options so you’re already adding 4300 more than ‘standard equipment’ right there...

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Those aren’t exactly all confirmed to be standard on the JT - the tranny and the dual tops are going to be options so you’re already adding 4300 more than ‘standard equipment’ right there...
My thoughts are that there will not be a standard trans option, so have to automatically add the 2k for the auto transmission as a standard feature and that the JT will also come standard with the hardtop and not the softtop like the JL. Thus adding the 4300 in a basic configuration over the JL. But who knows, all leaks and guesses at this point I will be ordering as soon as able if I can get in around 40k after TL discount and other negotiations

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
My thoughts are that there will not be a standard trans option, so have to automatically add the 2k for the auto transmission as a standard feature and that the JT will also come standard with the hardtop and not the softtop like the JL. Thus adding the 4300 in a basic configuration over the JL. But who knows, all leaks and guesses at this point I will be ordering as soon as able if I can get in around 40k after TL discount and other negotiations
It's been confirmed* that there will be a 6 spd manual, and I don't follow your assumption that the dual-top will be mandatory - that just doesn't mak any sense, as many people don't want/need a hard top (or just have no place to store a second top).

* https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/2020-jeep-gladiator-official-pics-and-specs.8214/

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
It's been confirmed* that there will be a 6 spd manual, and I don't follow your assumption that the dual-top will be mandatory - that just doesn't mak any sense, as many people don't want/need a hard top (or just have no place to store a second top).

* https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/2020-jeep-gladiator-official-pics-and-specs.8214/
Thanks, your right on the manual. I got myself confused as only The diesel is not supposed to offer a six speed manual, not the entire JT line up. We will see on the hard top being standard or not, I’m just guessing it will be.

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My prediction for the entry price is based off the 2018 4 door Wrangler Sport which has starting price of $31,445. I think they absolutely have to be inline with the Toyota Tacoma TRD and the Colorado ZR2. If not, I think sales could be in trouble.

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 crew cab and short bed with a diesel and Midnight Special Edition package has an MSRP of $51,600 - the Gladiator should be able to compete at this price point.
Sponsored