Sponsored

2 Door Gladiator Version?

Deleted member 18061

What if they do release a 2dr, and it just has a different name? They could call it something like... I don't know, maybe Scrambler?
Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
As I said we'll see who's ultimately right - there WILL BE an extended cab Jeep pickup within three years...
well, im actually going to have to agree with you here. Sure there will be an extended cab jeep truck.... but its not going to come off of a FCA production line, and its going to be a modified JLU.

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 1999 Sport 6.0 4L Manual
Occupation
Retired
well, im actually going to have to agree with you here. Sure there will be an extended cab jeep truck.... but its not going to come off of a FCA production line, and its going to be a modified JLU.
I see a future for AEV Brute

Last edited:

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Maybe because Ford sold nearly 900,000 F Series pickups last year, so even if the take rate on standard/extended cabs was just 20%, that's still 180,000 trucks.

That's still a profitable line to produce, unlike 20,000 for the Gladiator at Jeep's projected total sales.

Furthermore, F250 and F350 are FAR more likely to be WORK trucks, where a standard or extended cab makes sense. And even the half tons are more likely to be used for work than any mid size, let alone one designed specifically for a different market like the Gladiator.
The Gladiator with these tow numbers and payload numbers could be a very formidable work truck in the mid-size market. Hell, a 1,600 pound payload is considerably more than a Hemi-equipped Ram 1500!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
All I am saying is - if Jeep wants to really penetrate the mid-size market and make a profit with the their mid-size truck then they are going to need multiple offerings to compete in the same market as their competitors. And Jeep has the advantage of a rich heritage with successful trucks that could be reintroduced to the market and keep them leverage over their competitors.
Jeep will make a boatload of money on the JT without a doubt. The first couple years I don't think they will be able to make enough of them. The standard cab pickup market is dying besides fleet vehicles which is not the purpose of the JT.

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Jeep will make a boatload of money on the JT without a doubt. The first couple years I don't they will be able to make enough of them.
Oh I agree - this will definitely be a good seller - I just wish they would complete the coverage of the market and respond to us buyers who have no need to haul around 4 or 5 people. Give me an extended cab with a longer bed please!

FGIII

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500, 2014 Fiat 500L
No plans at this time for a two-door version that I have heard.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Jeep will make a boatload of money on the JT without a doubt. The first couple years I don't think they will be able to make enough of them. The standard cab pickup market is dying besides fleet vehicles which is not the purpose of the JT.
THIS....its not a work truck. Design intent is not for those applications.

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
I've read this tread and I agree with 2015er on several points, I think there will be a 2 door Ext Cab just to make it profitable.
Otherwise this Turd of 4 door will last as long as the H2 HUT did. (and just as useless)

The six people that are jumping up and down and bad mouthing anyone that wants a two door is not going to support the market for long.
NO Soccer Mom will want this thing as is, and Dad is not getting a $50-$60,000 truck without Mom's OK.

This truck will be gone in a flash so get one when they come out or forever regret your procrastination.

BTW...I hope the 2 doors wheel base is around 110"-112" for rock crawling and off road.
It would look really bad ass with 1 tons and 42"s

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Well it' obvious this isn't going anywhere so to each his own, I will leave you with Jeep themselves has said there will be no 2 door version of the Gladiator. Also that when the 4 door came out there were a fare share of people who said it wouldn't last either, now the 4 door makes up 80% of all new jeeps sold. Jeep said in the beginning their plan was to make 100K of these a year so not a huge number. Jeep could change their mindset but either way I don't see the Gladiator failing, just like I don't see a lot of people buying a tacoma as a work truck.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I wonder how Toyota manages to survive with the obviously terribly selling Tacoma 4 doors, clearly based on the experts here they don't sell any of them. Surely the 200k Tacomas they sell each year are all extended and regular cabs.

*goes to local Toyota dealership*
*sees 80% double cabs on the lot*
Huh.

Mid-size crew cabs are selling like hotcakes right now. A Wrangler-esque, crew cab, solid axled, diesel optional, manual optional mid-size? Yeah. That'll sell real damn well. The H2 SUT didn't sell worth a damn because the H2 was trash in the first place, and gas prices were skyrocketing then. The market has changed a lot since those days as well, in terms of what most buyers are looking for.

And @Macaw1, the reason everybody is a bit testy about the 2 doors is because for the past several months 2015er has been posting in literally every single thread on this forum about 2 doors. People got fed up with it, especially when it clearly isn't going to happen ever, or at least any time soon. I think most people could care less if a 2 door or ext. cab were available, we just don't want to hear about it on every damned thread on the forum.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Nobody is "bad mouthing" those who want a 2 door. I'M one of those that would prefer a 2 door.

But I also recognize the simple reality that most trucks sold are 4 doors these days, government regulations encourage 4 doors, it's not designed for the work/ fleet market, and Jeep has unequivocally said that there will only be a 4 door.

Don't dismiss the government regulation aspect either. The death of the compact pickup was hastened by protectionist tariffs and cemented by fuel economy regulations. It's also why these mid size trucks are as big as a 90s half ton.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I've read this tread and I agree with 2015er on several points, I think there will be a 2 door Ext Cab just to make it profitable.
Otherwise this Turd of 4 door will last as long as the H2 HUT did. (and just as useless)

The six people that are jumping up and down and bad mouthing anyone that wants a two door is not going to support the market for long.
NO Soccer Mom will want this thing as is, and Dad is not getting a $50-$60,000 truck without Mom's OK.

This truck will be gone in a flash so get one when they come out or forever regret your procrastination.

BTW...I hope the 2 doors wheel base is around 110"-112" for rock crawling and off road.
It would look really bad ass with 1 tons and 42"s
LOL

And you know this based on what market research? I'm sure the seat of your pants market research is way better then FCA's.

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
And @Macaw1, the reason everybody is a bit testy about the 2 doors is because for the past several months 2015er has been posting in literally every single thread on this forum about 2 doors. People got fed up with it, especially when it clearly isn't going to happen ever, or at least any time soon. I think most people could care less if a 2 door or ext. cab were available, we just don't want to hear about it on every damned thread on the forum.
That may be but you do realize that this is a thread titled "Two Door Gladiator" don't you?
Why is it regardless of weather or not Fiat said they aren't going to build a two door all you 4 door people go to the two door threads and trash them, why don't you just let those of us that want a two door talk about and dream without $hitting on the thread?
The other two door thread with a Poll had:
Two door only at 18,
Two door extended at 34 and
4 door only at 18

So it looks as if some people by 3:1 wanted a two Door in that Poll.
So just who is beating the dead horse here?
Let us have our thread and you can go sing Cumbi-ya with the others that want a 4 door, mean- while we are going to convince Fiat that we need a Two Door Extended Cab and not an H2HUT.
Sponsored