Sponsored

2 Door Gladiator Version?

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
That may be but you do realize that this is a thread titled "Two Door Gladiator" don't you?
Why is it regardless of weather or not Fiat said they aren't going to build a two door all you 4 door people go to the two door threads and trash them, why don't you just let those of us that want a two door talk about and dream without $hitting on the thread?
The other two door thread with a Poll had:
Two door only at 18,
Two door extended at 34 and
4 door only at 18

So it looks as if some people by 3:1 wanted a two Door in that Poll.
So just who is beating the dead horse here?
Let use have our thread and you can go sing Cumbi-ya with the others that want a 4 door, mean while we are going to convince Fiat that we need a Two Door Extended Cab and not an H2HUT.

You realize this entire forum is focused on a 4 door only Gladiator...don't you? You came here and immediately started trashing the 4 door in several threads, then get surprised when people call you on on your bs. Then start whining about how people are being mean to you in the 2 door thread. Social skills aren't your strong point, are they? Probably why you only need a 2 door...nobody wants to ride along with you. :P
Sponsored

ytjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Time to get my voice heard, I do believe JEEP monitors these pages. And encourage others to do the same.

The JT specs out great, but I need at least a 6 foot box. A two door extended cab on the same frame/ wheelbase would be awesome.
Build a 2door ext-cab, Jeep!

I'm glad many are happy with the 4 door. As for all the anti 2 door people on this thread, What's your problem?
Do you get off telling kids there's no santa? Why such an issue with people asking for a 2 door? How about just ignoring this thread instead of trying to intimidate others from expressing their desires? Go kick some puppies...

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
I don’t think we are anti-2 door. It’s just that Jeep has definitely said no. Might as well start a Hemi Gladiator thread or a Flying Gladiator thread.

Edit: Please don't start a Flying Gladiator poll.

Last edited:

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
No tex, I just saw the hypocrisy of people trying to keep those with different ideas down and pointed them out.
I'm much bigger than to think someone like you is a big enough bully to put me down.
And I'm simply pointing out that comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
Try reading all my post and blend the whole concept of what was said and knowledge will set you free.

Enjoy your 4 door and I'll talk to the two door people that get it, have a nice day.

ytjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I don’t think we are anti-2 door. It’s just that Jeep has definitely said no. Might as well start a Hemi Gladiator thread or a Flying Gladiator thread.
wasn't there a time JEEP said they were out of the pick up market ?

As someone else pointed out, JEEP want's the highest initial sales of the model they have out and ready. They would rather have us all in 4 doors and know that some may settle on a 4 door if a 2 door is not initially offered. They aren't going to rush announcing a competitor to the 4 door.

I hope they will see a demand for a 2 door and justify a future offering. Even as a "lifestyle" truck, some of us need at least a 6 foot box.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wasn't there a time JEEP said they were out of the pick up market ?

As someone else pointed out, JEEP want's the highest initial sales of the model they have out and ready. They would rather have us all in 4 doors and know that some may settle on a 4 door. They aren't going to rush announcing a competitor to the 4 door. They may or may not have any plan to build a 2 door. I hope they will see a demand for a 2 door and justify a future offering.
I'm not trying to kill your dream of a 2-door. But the head designer and the marketing head are both in this interview saying it won't happen and it won't happen because that is just not where they see the market for this. Really great 30-minute in-depth interview btw.

Honestly if they didn't already have a 2-door Wrangler I don't think they would build that either.

Edit: Here's another one with Mark (at 3:30):

Last edited:

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No tex, I just saw the hypocrisy of people trying to keep those with different ideas down and pointed them out.
I'm much bigger than to think someone like you is a big enough bully to put me down.
And I'm simply pointing out that comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
Try reading all my post and blend the whole concept of what was said and knowledge will set you free.

Enjoy your 4 door and I'll talk to the two door people that get it, have a nice day.

:cwl: alright bud. Just a heads up, generally if you come onto a forum trashing the vehicle the forum is based on, you aren't gonna get a positive reply from most of that forum's users.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
This thread is like a bad booger that just won't come off
Why do people who bad mouth or say this is beating a "dead horse" bother reading or even coming to this thread. I don't go to the four door or crew cab comments and bad mouth them. I am glad you got your precious four door crew cab "lifestyle" truck. But there are those of us who still want a true pickup truck with a working bed because that's our lifestyle. This truck with a 1,600 lb. payload and a 7,500 lb. towing capacity could put those capabilities to a use other than carrying ATVs or motorcycles. Again, I am happy you got your four door. But as for us who want an extended cab and a longer bed - in other words a pickup truck in a traditional sense - leave us to this lone discussion and go to another forum to discuss how well your ATV fits (and nothing else) into your 60 inch bed.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Edit: Please don't start a Flying Gladiator poll.
Yes, and the Jeep designers said for years and years - "NO, WE'RE NOT BUILDING ANOTHER PICKUP TRUCK!" We see how that turned out. And as for the interview from the design chief - what else is he going to say on the day his truck is introduced? Of course he's going to say this is the only thing that will be built. That's also what Ram said when the Rebel - crew cab only - truck was first introduced. Funny how in the redesign in 2019 they now offer a quad cab for the Rebel....

I for one do not and will not accept this as the final, and only truck Jeep builds not with all that has been exhibited in Moab...stay tuned more cab configurations WILL follow.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, and the Jeep designers said for years and years - "NO, WE'RE NOT BUILDING ANOTHER PICKUP TRUCK!" We see how that turned out. And as for the interview from the design chief - what else is he going to say on the day his truck is introduced? Of course he's going to say this is the only thing that will be built. That's also what Ram said when the Rebel - crew cab only - truck was first introduced. Funny how in the redesign in 2019 they now offer a quad cab for the Rebel....

I for one do not and will not accept this as the final, and only truck Jeep builds not with all that has been exhibited in Moab...stay tuned more cab configurations WILL follow.
I’m cool with that. I hope for your sake and others that they do make a 2-door. I hope everyone gets the Gladiator they want.

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Why do people who bad mouth or say this is beating a "dead horse" bother reading or even coming to this thread. I don't go to the four door or crew cab comments and bad mouth them. I am glad you got your precious four door crew cab "lifestyle" truck. But there are those of us who still want a true pickup truck with a working bed because that's our lifestyle. This truck with a 1,600 lb. payload and a 7,500 lb. towing capacity could put those capabilities to a use other than carrying ATVs or motorcycles. Again, I am happy you got your four door. But as for us who want an extended cab and a longer bed - in other words a pickup truck in a traditional sense - leave us to this lone discussion and go to another forum to discuss how well your ATV fits (and nothing else) into your 60 inch bed.
Dude, if that is what you want you will have to look elsewhere as Jeep is not going to build it. No need to be hostile with the rest of us.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, if that is what you want you will have to look elsewhere as Jeep is not going to build it. No need to be hostile with the rest of us.
I am not being hostile but rather I am responding to the treatment from other participants in this forum. I am trying to present a position about extended cab Jeep pickups based upon following this issue since 2005 when the initial Gladiator concept was shown - as an extended cab I might add. I am not advocating for the four door crew cab to be discontinued and replaced. I am simply advocating for adding another model in the form of an extended cab. Plus it would be very cool, I think to add something like the crew chief, the J12 or the FC concept. But again, respondents give like "beat down" over making a suggestion or expressing a hope - very frustrating!

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
On its face, I don't think anyone has an issue with people wanting additional models for the JT. I think the issue for most here is we know this is not going to be the case -at least immediately for the sake of argument-, but we have small group within this community who seem to post ad nausem about the subject in multiple discussions some of which have nothing to do with the subject of additional models. At this point the subject has taken a lot of the fun and enjoyment out of the forum.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not being hostile but rather I am responding to the treatment from other participants in this forum. I am trying to present a position about extended cab Jeep pickups based upon following this issue since 2005 when the initial Gladiator concept was shown - as an extended cab I might add. I am not advocating for the four door crew cab to be discontinued and replaced. I am simply advocating for adding another model in the form of an extended cab. Plus it would be very cool, I think to add something like the crew chief, the J12 or the FC concept. But again, respondents give like "beat down" over making a suggestion or expressing a hope - very frustrating!
It's because you posted about 2 doors in every single thread on this forum. It's extremely poor forum etiquette, and a sure fire way to piss everyone off. You aren't a victim, you're getting the treatment you are because you annoyed the hell out of everyone by spamming the forum.

I think everybody would be perfectly happy with more cab options, as it doesn't affect folks wanting a 4 door if 2 doors exist, or vice versa. More options are always awesome, and the more happy Jeepers the better! But the 2 door spam from you specifically annoyed pretty much everybody. Just my opinion / what I've noticed on the board. You've at least mostly restrained it to the associated 2 door threads, so thank you for that. And I hope you 2 door guys eventually get the Jeep trucks you want! I really do.

Plus I already have a 2 door Jeep truck in the driveway so :P

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I hear what you are saying and I agree it would be cool .....

On its face, I don't think anyone has an issue with people wanting additional models for the JT. I think the issue for most here is we know this is not going to be the case -at least immediately for the sake of argument-, but we have small group within this community who seem to post ad nausem about the subject in multiple discussions some of which have nothing to do with the subject of additional models. At this point the subject has taken a lot of the fun and enjoyment out of the forum.
But this sums it up perfectly....
Sponsored