Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Freedom Edition?) Spotted

Blkjak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am a little disappointed, I was really hoping for something more along these lines for the JT. Something that sits it apart a little from the Wrangler but still gives it a distinctive Jeep flavor .. just my humble opinion

154-1007-01+mopar-jeep-concepts+nukizer-m715.jpg
Sponsored

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I am a little disappointed, I was really hoping for something more along these lines for the JT. Something that sits it apart a little from the Wrangler but still gives it a distinctive Jeep flavor .. just my humble opinion

154-1007-01+mopar-jeep-concepts+nukizer-m715.jpg
I really like that look. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone in the aftermarket makes a front clip and bed to give that look.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
DV8 Offroad made a kit for the JK...
upload_2018-12-24_20-21-16.jpeg
BADASS! Bud DAMN, $ 7,602.34 for that baby. wonder what the 34 cents was for? lol

I totally agree with @Blkjak. Just cuz its a jeep doesn't mean it has to have the wrangler front end. Still could have used the same doors and a bunch of other parts. Just a little bit of flare up front would have been nice. Its surprising they didn't knowing how fast Mark Allen shoots down people when they say its a wrangler truck. If its a whole new vehicle, why does it have the same look as the wrangler, plus a box?

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2019Chevy ZR2 diesel
We just caught a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon prototype wearing a side graphic similar to the decals worn on the 2017 Freedom Edition JK Wrangler.

The "star" decal is located between the rear fender and the rear door of this 4-door JT Rubicon and while it bears resemblance to the Freedom Edition Wrangler and the Oscar Mike edition on which it was based, we were unable to get a peek inside to see if there were other special bits to suggest we're looking at a special edition JT.

Another reason this might not be -- the Freedom Edition Wrangler was based on the Sport trim and featured a star decal on the hood and rear fender along with an American flag decal on the front fender and cowl. IF this is indeed a JT Freedom Edition, it appears to have combined these graphical elements into one.

The Freedom Edition also came with body-colored fenders (which this prototype does not), rock rails and gray interior accents, including unique stitching on the leather trimmed seats, steering wheel, door pulls and console. It offered 18-inch 5-spoke granite crystal wheels, a heavy duty rear differential cover, black fuel door cover and taillights.

It remains to be seen if this is an indication of the first Jeep Gladiator special edition or perhaps just an optional decal to outfit any JT truck. Stay tuned as we learn more!

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-1.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-2.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-3.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-4.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-5.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-6.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-7.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-8.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-9.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-10.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-11.jpg
2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-12.jpg

What makes it a Rubicon? , I guess I am missing something..

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Rubicon fenders - come all the way up to line of hood. You can even tell where they have to notch the front vender where the hood latch is.

On the non-Rubicon the fender is a few inches below the hood line and there is no notch on the fender for the hood latch.

Last edited:

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
To me, and I'm no photo expert, the black strip looks like a piece of leftover velcro. Throughout all the camera angles, it looks the same.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Rubicon fenders - come all the way up to line of hood. You can even tell where they have to notch the front vender where the hood latch is.

On the non-Rubicon the fender is a few inches below the hood line and there is no notch on the fender for the hood latch.
And the sliders, both rocker and bed.

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What makes it a Rubicon? , I guess I am missing something..
Vents on hood, higher fender flares, rock rails below doors, black accents on grille, red tow hooks front and rear.

It's clearly a Rubicon with a different side decal and not a Sport like others said.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
D375BC5F-B696-41FE-A18D-AFFEE2D75F9E.jpeg
We just caught a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon prototype wearing a side graphic similar to the decals worn on the 2017 Freedom Edition JK Wrangler.

The "star" decal is located between the rear fender and the rear door of this 4-door JT Rubicon and while it bears resemblance to the Freedom Edition Wrangler and the Oscar Mike edition on which it was based, we were unable to get a peek inside to see if there were other special bits to suggest we're looking at a special edition JT.

Another reason this might not be -- the Freedom Edition Wrangler was based on the Sport trim and featured a star decal on the hood and rear fender along with an American flag decal on the front fender and cowl. IF this is indeed a JT Freedom Edition, it appears to have combined these graphical elements into one.

The Freedom Edition also came with body-colored fenders (which this prototype does not), rock rails and gray interior accents, including unique stitching on the leather trimmed seats, steering wheel, door pulls and console. It offered 18-inch 5-spoke granite crystal wheels, a heavy duty rear differential cover, black fuel door cover and taillights.

It remains to be seen if this is an indication of the first Jeep Gladiator special edition or perhaps just an optional decal to outfit any JT truck. Stay tuned as we learn more!

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Freedom-Edition-12.jpg
Hey Jay thanks for the interesting pictures. Wondering if you have any better up close pictures of the rear bumper of of this red truck. It looks like this one does not have a trailer hitch on it. And I see 2 odd looking squares under the bumper, right where the hitch would go. I circled them in my attached picture. Do you know what these are? And do you have any pictures of the standard Class II hitch that comes on all Gladiators? Love to see a picture of the Class II hitch. Thanks

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey Jay love to have your reply comments on this as well as a picture of the class II hitch. Thanks in advance.

D375BC5F-B696-41FE-A18D-AFFEE2D75F9E.jpeg

Hey Jay thanks for the interesting pictures. Wondering if you have any better up close pictures of the rear bumper of of this red truck. It looks like this one does not have a trailer hitch on it. And I see 2 odd looking squares under the bumper, right where the hitch would go. I circled them in my attached picture. Do you know what these are? And do you have any pictures of the standard Class II hitch that comes on all Gladiators? Love to see a picture of the Class II hitch. Thanks

Just_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Interesting how the Gladiator looks so different depending on which angle you viewing it from. The first shot has a very nose down look (not a fan). The rest have a more neutral balanced look and the shot from the rear makes it look very narrow. Can't wait to see it in person. The best real world pictures I've seen yet, thanks for sharing Jay!

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Order guide lists this decal among others for $400. I wonder if anyone can order any decal for that awkward spot (on the body between the rear door and the bed) regardless of what trim level Gladiator they order.
upload_2019-4-11_17-0-26.png
Sponsored