Attachments

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I was getting my fiance's JL serviced saturday and picked up the brochure:). They only had a handful of brochures so i got lucky i guess. The dealer said they expect a 7g increase over the sport, idk if he meant sport S or sport...or both. He also said pricing around June. Take this with a grain of salt becuase I thought pricing would be out way before that.

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
"Like nothing else on Earth"

Right?!

Because every other company on Earth knows what the price is before they retro fit an assembly line.....

There is likely some "squishy" in their pricing. The risk on high end is not enough units move and they forever sell on discount/promotion.

Too low and they overshoot demand, but then will have difficulty figuring out where/how to increase price and match a new demand curve, going into year two production after the low hanging fruit took so the inventory.

For all the who-ha about it being a truck, this is an indulgence.If they mis-mark on price and too many people bail out, this becomes a modern Edsel or De Lorean.

All that to say: stop speculating. Some work with a database is going to spit out a price based on job numbers, wage increases and fuel prices before they pull it off a fan site.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
"Like nothing else on Earth"

Right?!

Because every other company on Earth knows what the price is before they retro fit an assembly line.....

There is likely some "squishy" in their pricing. The risk on high end is not enough units move and they forever sell on discount/promotion.

Too low and they overshoot demand, but then will have difficulty figuring out where/how to increase price and match a new demand curve, going into year two production after the low hanging fruit took so the inventory.

For all the who-ha about it being a truck, this is an indulgence.If they mis-mark on price and too many people bail out, this becomes a modern Edsel or De Lorean.

All that to say: stop speculating. Some work with a database is going to spit out a price based on job numbers, wage increases and fuel prices before they pull it off a fan site.
If they price it too high, anything stopping them from just lowering it?

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
If they price it too high, anything stopping them from just lowering it?
I've been checking out history. Jeep's never matched competition in units sold for their trucks, nowhere near. So at the end of whatever year of the model run at that time, they somehow liquidated. We need an old guy to tell us whether that was lower price or dumped into some fleet deal. Anyway, it makes me wonder if 75,000 is not reached... We may just have a shot at getting a deal price.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
price is what killed the cj10 they were aimed at the Aussie market to give toyota a run but were way more expensive & people just bought the toyota they already trusted & loved

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Consumer price strategy tends to frown on lowering prices without some sort of margin compensation to off set.

Jeep's with removable tops are much more lifestyle vehicles, therefore buyers are less price sensitive than something like a Ford Fusion.

MSRP exists to build in discounts for financing, sale pricing, and clearance. Manufacturers hate giving those discounts against the purchase price because it sets a lower floor. Before you see that you will see:

0% financing
Trade in allowance bonus
MFG bonus
Dealer Incentive

A similar purchasing model is furniture. If you EVER pay list on a couch you paid wayyyy too much. However, they won't give you the 13% financing discount fee the retailer pays if you pay in cash vs taking the No Interest/No Payment.

I'm certain there are some folks reviewing sites like this one, but it's an intern compiling sentiment data. My guess: it is maybe 15th on the list of 20 things they are using to determine MSRP.

We are a very small group in their sample. You are competing with a larger population that is less informed and more likely to impulse a lifestyle buy, i.e. the Overland in leather with bigger screen.

For that impulse group: Axel's, tow capacity, payload, and price are things they aren't going to be as focused on if they dig the JT as a Suburban Mall Crawler that makes summer trips to the hockey rink more fun.

If that group doesn't show, maybe a better comparison is the consumer Hummer. If they show up full force, the price is higher and fewer discounts.

Your JT price destiny will be decided by a MBA from Michigan State and a middle age soccer mom.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've had a hard copy on my desk for a long time, but I haven't opened it because I figure these brochures may be valuable one day. :)

20190205_074633[1].jpg

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 1999 Sport 6.0 4L Manual
Occupation
Retired
I've had a hard copy on my desk for a long time, but I haven't opened it because I figure these brochures may be valuable one day. :)

20190205_074633[1].jpg
I stashed mine awaway for the same reason :)

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I was getting my fiance's JL serviced saturday and picked up the brochure:). They only had a handful of brochures so i got lucky i guess. The dealer said they expect a 7g increase over the sport, idk if he meant sport S or sport...or both. He also said pricing around June. Take this with a grain of salt becuase I thought pricing would be out way before that.
I can't find any incidence where a pickup version of an SUV wasn't cheaper than said SUV. Sure, magic 7-slot grille, but no way is it 7 grand more. That would put it at $45 just to get power windows and a roof. The 2018 Power wagon starts at $52k (with a winch). the '19 model will cost a little more, but gets an 8-speed.

Last edited:

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I can't find any incidence where a pickup version of an SUV wasn't cheaper than said SUV. Sure, magic 7-slot grille, but no way is it 7 grand more. That would put it at $45 just to get power windows and a roof. The 2018 Power wagon starts at $52k (with a winch). the '19 model will cost a little more, but gets an 8-speed.
It won't be. That is crazy. Count on probably half that though .

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I am expecting a $3k bump across the line for the JT over the JLU.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Consumer price strategy tends to frown on lowering prices without some sort of margin compensation to off set.

Jeep's with removable tops are much more lifestyle vehicles, therefore buyers are less price sensitive than something like a Ford Fusion.

MSRP exists to build in discounts for financing, sale pricing, and clearance. Manufacturers hate giving those discounts against the purchase price because it sets a lower floor. Before you see that you will see:

0% financing
Trade in allowance bonus
MFG bonus
Dealer Incentive

A similar purchasing model is furniture. If you EVER pay list on a couch you paid wayyyy too much. However, they won't give you the 13% financing discount fee the retailer pays if you pay in cash vs taking the No Interest/No Payment.

I'm certain there are some folks reviewing sites like this one, but it's an intern compiling sentiment data. My guess: it is maybe 15th on the list of 20 things they are using to determine MSRP.

We are a very small group in their sample. You are competing with a larger population that is less informed and more likely to impulse a lifestyle buy, i.e. the Overland in leather with bigger screen.

For that impulse group: Axel's, tow capacity, payload, and price are things they aren't going to be as focused on if they dig the JT as a Suburban Mall Crawler that makes summer trips to the hockey rink more fun.

If that group doesn't show, maybe a better comparison is the consumer Hummer. If they show up full force, the price is higher and fewer discounts.

Your JT price destiny will be decided by a MBA from Michigan State and a middle age soccer mom.
Love this ^^ . Also true, some of these threads get way more views than warranted, and my hope is that some sleepless future auto exece up and comer type earns their bones by reading late night and trying to understand this tiny segment among other immersions. The worst thing is when an early career yute goes to look down a back trail and finds nobody left any sign. Maybe nobody cares, or, might be worth a read to someone who can do something. Anyway, would prefer having a JT and be gone!
Sponsored