Sponsored

WTF? Amazon makes their own brand of oil?

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I just heard of this Amazon basics oil. I don't know how I feel about it. Seems kinda crazy amazon basically has their own brand of everything.
Anyone here use it?
Who actually manufacturers the oil for Amazon?
Screenshot_2019-01-24-21-18-55.png
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I just heard of this Amazon basics oil. I don't know how I feel about it. Seems kinda crazy amazon basically has their own brand of everything.
Anyone here use it?
Who actually manufacturers the oil for Amazon?
Screenshot_2019-01-24-21-18-55.png
This is way off topic but our favorite cough syrup disappeared from all local stores. Only seller? Amazon. So it got delivered to our door.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
According to Amazons website it is made by Warren Manufacturing...whoever that is.
For a few pennies less you can get Shell Rotella T-6, 5w-40 which is a great oil so why bother...

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
According to Amazons website it is made by Warren Manufacturing...whoever that is.
For a few pennies less you can get Shell Rotella T-6, 5w-40 which is a great oil so why bother...
That is odd, I have heard of Warren Manufacturing before, but I remember they make feed trucks not oil...

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
WOW! :surprised:
You guys have to watch this test of Amazon synthetic vs Mobil 1 and Valvoline synthetic

Sponsored

HTownGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020gladiator
WOW! :surprised:
You guys have to watch this test of Amazon synthetic vs Mobil 1 and Valvoline synthetic
That's Valvoline dino oil, not synthetic. Warren Oil is the manufacturer for a number of in house brands such as WalMart SuperTech oil.

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's Valvoline dino oil, not synthetic. Warren Oil is the manufacturer for a number of in house brands such as WalMart SuperTech oil.
Your right! I can't believe I didn't catch that. The stuff about the Warren oil (not ti be confused with Warren manufacturing.. lol) is interesting, so Walmarts synthetic is the same product? I knew Walmart conventional is a POS, but this synthetic is looking decent.

HTownGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020gladiator
Your right! I can't believe I didn't catch that. The stuff about the Warren oil (not ti be confused with Warren manufacturing.. lol) is interesting, so Walmarts synthetic is the same product? I knew Walmart conventional is a POS, but this synthetic is looking decent.
That’s the test I’m waiting to see, this against other Warren house brand products. IDK if they offer any special additive package or blend changes to the private label folks or if it is all the same inside just different outside labels. I run Pennzoil PurePlus synthetic and it is usually around $22-23 for the 5 quart jug. Ran it for the last 30,000 miles on both our cars that just broke 100k, black stone lab reports both look good even with longer oil change intervals.
Sponsored