First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Funny. How do they sell something they haven’t priced?

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Probably inter-company, "sold" to R&D or Marketing, etc. FCA is the overall rollup corporation, they probably have several layers of structure below with the individual brands, etc.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
According to Mopar Insiders all of them were sold to FCA employees. Would make me think they already have pricing set though.
In order to get tags you have to pay property taxes. And to do that you have to present a bill of sale with the bottom line sold price listed. Hmmmmm. Love to see one of them or maybe 75 or 80 of them. Just throw me a bone.

Tseale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep wrangler, 2007 Dodge ram 1500
Im a car saleman and a future potential buyer of the gladiator. Here lies the problem with a higher price point on the new gladiator. It needs to be priced right. Anything associated with Chrysler has sub par components from materials used on switches to levers and just plain cheaper quality material. With all the moving parts of a Jeep after 1 year of ownership of real use ( lifestyle vehicle) these vehicles interior/exterior pieces just don't hold up well. That goes back to being tied with Chrysler. General motors and Chrysler push out the cheapest materials on there vehicle. There is a video of a guy talking about the pros and cons of the new wrangler. He talks about the items that already broke or already showing wear and tear after a few months of owning it. I have test drove and sat in everything. If they think charging 40k+ justifies the lifestyle but still has sub par trim and fragile plastic components there crazy. This electronic shifter is garbage that there implementing is horrible. I first saw one in a Chrysler 200 years back. Im hoping for the best but realistically assuming the same from anything put out by Jeep/Dodge or Chrysler.

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Im a car saleman and a future potential buyer of the gladiator. Here lies the problem with a higher price point on the new gladiator. It needs to be priced right. Anything associated with Chrysler has sub par components from materials used on switches to levers and just plain cheaper quality material. With all the moving parts of a Jeep after 1 year of ownership of real use ( lifestyle vehicle) these vehicles interior/exterior pieces just don't hold up well. That goes back to being tied with Chrysler. General motors and Chrysler push out the cheapest materials on there vehicle. There is a video of a guy talking about the pros and cons of the new wrangler. He talks about the items that already broke or already showing wear and tear after a few months of owning it. I have test drove and sat in everything. If they think charging 40k+ justifies the lifestyle but still has sub par trim and fragile plastic components there crazy. This electronic shifter is garbage that there implementing is horrible. I first saw one in a Chrysler 200 years back. Im hoping for the best but realistically assuming the same from anything put out by Jeep/Dodge or Chrysler.
I have a 2013 jk rubi on 37's with over 90k miles on it and its held up well, maybe I'm blind to these cheap parts, but the only thing to ever go out was the starter which upon inspection was full of sand somehow... I always hear everyone saying how junky jeeps are (especially from yota friends) but from personal experience, I dont see the correlation. The prices are high, unfortunately, but I don't think the vehicles like the wrangler feel cheap in any way.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Well I guess its time for me to come clean. I was able to buy a Gladiator 2 weeks ago. I am only allowed to take it out from 1:45 Am - 2:45 AM for now. It is a half Gator and half Gobi Rubicon.

So far I have not been able to get off road with it. With the small window of drive time FCA has allowed me all I have time to do is hall plywood around town.

Sorry it took me so long to tell you all.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL rubicon.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Was inquiring On ordering and pricing with one of the jeep dealerships here in LA and was informed that due to slow production now gladiator won’t be coming out till September.

Anyone out there that can confirm this?
This had better be a cruel joke they are playing on you.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Well I guess its time for me to come clean. I was able to buy a Gladiator 2 weeks ago. I am only allowed to take it out from 1:45 Am - 2:45 AM for now. It is a half Gator and half Gobi Rubicon.
Too damn funny!!!

Was inquiring On ordering and pricing with one of the jeep dealerships here in LA and was informed that due to slow production now gladiator won’t be coming out till September. Anyone out there that can confirm this?
What production would be the better question.
Sponsored