Not open for further replies.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey bangolia did I somehow loose a bet here? Why do I need to send 15 people some chilly beers? So they can make a toast to the delivery of their new Gladiator? Cheers in advance folks!!!

At least I don’t have to send 15 people a cold beer. Sorry @Jake
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Not
Hey bangolia did I somehow loose a bet here? Why do I need to send 15 people some chilly beers? So they can make a toast to the delivery of their new Gladiator? Cheers in advance folks!!!
saying you have to. Just saying I don’t. And you were the only one who I remember responding to it.

shnngns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition
How is MotorTrend not going to get in trouble with FCA for this?! There is driving impressions in there nevermind the estimated pricing (which I'm guessing is a rounded number since no auto manufacturer does pricing that ends with 0's)! Is FCA in cahoots with MotorTrend and allowed this 'leak' for a 'Best Pickup of ____' award in the future? lol Or does MT just not give a &$%*?

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
How is MotorTrend not going to get in trouble with FCA for this?! There is driving impressions in there nevermind the estimated pricing (which I'm guessing is a rounded number since no auto manufacturer does pricing that ends with 0's)! Is FCA in cahoots with MotorTrend and allowed this 'leak' for a 'Best Pickup of ____' award in the future? lol Or does MT just not give a &$%*?
All they had to do is change the last number on everything and there not leaking anything;)

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
They are one of the largest car and truck outlets. They were probably given special permissions.

Hepps

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover Disco Sport, 2015 Range Rover Evoque, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, 2011 Nissan Juke
I cannot find any original link to this article anywhere on MT.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Pretty sure it's a leak

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
I cannot find any original link to this article anywhere on MT.
It's in their print magazine. This actually happens all the time if you pay attention - the magazines want to push it out into their latest issue otherwise they have to wait a whole month, so they time it to hit newsstands right when the embargoed info is lifted but sometimes it gets pushed out a day or two in advance. I don't think it's intentional and obviously they are hoping not to break the embargo but it happens. There's obviously some disconnect between the print side and the creative side. In this case it was only a few hours beforehand so maybe FCA won't be so pissed.

I am pretty happy with the pricing if it's accurate.

Sponsored

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
If this is a printed version, would Motortrend have had the official pricing at the time they started printing? I don’t know timelines on those things. But I hope it is correct.

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 3.0 Prestige, 2016 Mercedes-Benz SL400,
Fantastic news!

Got a quick Q though -- I was about to sign up for 'tread lightly', but looks like my company is an affiliate reward partner. Does that mean I'm guaranteed 1% below invoice and if so, does that stack with 1% from 'tread lightly' or does it cap at 1%?

*update* Just received my control number from FCA. :)

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Oh man this is giving me a chubby! Now all I need is info on when the delayed availability paint colors will be here.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Just dropped off all my requests, order codes, tires sizes, rim specs, and paperwork to my dealer! Meeting set for Monday am hopefully to order as well as confirm how much more under my 1% TL pricing he will go since he is only 1/2 mile from my house!

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
What happened to the Rubicon Falken Wildpeak tires? I went online to build my Jeep (for the 15th time) and the Falkens are no longer listed as standard. Dang.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.