Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Announced - Preorder on April 4 Only

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I may have missed this but does the JT Rubicon have the high top fender flares like the JL Rubicon does?
yes, not sure if they're the same size/shape, but they're taller, and will allow 35" tires stock with JT Rubicon.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
When I see a 4190 in the wild, I'm like top end guy, respects the brand, winner winner chicken dinner. This 4190 JT is the pick of the litter. No contest.

Now, one of these other builds I'm seeing from the high end guys is sitting next to it, I'm interested to see if the rugged individualist beats the package and I think I know the fully modded one is better.

But even a unique build ain't a 4190, because nothing else is that, ever.

2c from a state not participating!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
While the Launch Edition seems to be pretty unique, not sure for me if it justifies an extra $8,000 from what I can build a Rubicon for ($54,505 MSRP) with my most desirable options. I'm guessing the Launch Edition price is fixed and no negotiations. I'm certain my Rubicon build can be had for under $50,000. That now makes the Launch Edition $12,000 more than my desired Rubicon build. Help me out here. Am I missing something?

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
The Launch Edition is just like any other order. Many including myself have confrimed that the FCA discount control number can still be used. You still get to pick the dealer. There is no reason for the dealer to not work with you. They have nothing invested for the sale. All they have to do is process the sale. If you find a dealer that try's to add to the price you can go to another dealer.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Does anyone disagree that this is the Launch Edition build?

I think the only questions are:
  • the LE specs don't specifically mention heated steering wheel (part of cold weather group ADE)
  • Both Trailer Tow and Cargo Management include 240A alternator (so some cost savings there)
  • Included a $645 Launch Edition difference (wheels, dash, badge) to get to the advertised MSRP
Assumptions:
  • Invoice pricing is unknown, but based on similar JL builds on the JL forum (95.3% of base vehicle, 89% of options)
  • Any discounts under invoice would be applied first, then destination charge added
  • Doesn't include taxes/licensing (varies state to state) or any charges associated with getting discounts (i.e. dealer doc fees, tread lightly, etc.)
upload_2019-4-2_7-17-53.png

Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I just built a Rubicon with all the options listed on site for the launch edition and its not off by much. Not sure how you are 12,000 below?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
While the Launch Edition seems to be pretty unique, not sure for me if it justifies an extra $8,000 from what I can build a Rubicon for ($54,505 MSRP) with my most desirable options. I'm guessing the Launch Edition price is fixed and no negotiations. I'm certain my Rubicon build can be had for under $50,000. That now makes the Launch Edition $12,000 more than my desired Rubicon build. Help me out here. Am I missing something?

• the LE specs don't specifically mention heated steering wheel (part of cold weather group ADE)
  • Both Trailer Tow and Cargo Management include 240A alternator (so some cost savings there)
  • Included a $645 Launch Edition difference (wheels, dash, badge) to get to the advertised MSRP
Assumptions:
  • Invoice pricing is unknown, but based on similar JL builds on the JL forum (95.3% of base vehicle, 89% of options)
  • Any discounts under invoice would be applied first, then destination charge added
  • Doesn't include taxes/licensing (varies state to state) or any charges associated with getting discounts (i.e. dealer doc fees, tread lightly, etc.)
I just built a Rubicon with all the options listed on site for the launch edition and its not off by much. Not sure how you are 12,000 below?
I think his point is $12k below for his desired Rubicon build, which likely doesn't include much of what is included in the LE. So since he doesn't desire those options, he doesn't desire a LE. But that's comparing apples and oranges. That's like saying I want a JT sport, but can't justify paying for a Rubicon...then don't buy the Rubicon.

I'm looking at a fully loaded Rubi (including a couple of things not included in the LE that can be added later - soft top, all weather mats), so the LE makes sense. Getting a Granite without the red dash is a plus.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
When I see a 4190 in the wild, I'm like top end guy, respects the brand, winner winner chicken dinner. This 4190 JT is the pick of the litter. No contest.

Now, one of these other builds I'm seeing from the high end guys is sitting next to it, I'm interested to see if the rugged individualist beats the package and I think I know the fully modded one is better.

But even a unique build ain't a 4190, because nothing else is that, ever.

2c from a state not participating!
I’m going Granite Crystal 4190 JT and modding it out the gate!

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I received an email from @Travis@TriCityJeep that confirmed they are doing a 1% under invoice with FCA Affiliate for Launch Edition, and up to 7% under invoice for all others.

Just something to consider.
I was just coming over to post the same thing. 7% will NOT apply to the Launch Edition. Only 1% with FCA Control Number.

I think I may have to pass on it.

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro

Assumptions:
So I'm seeing no remote start, no confirmation of htd strg. wheel, no slush mats, is there anything else that appears missing?

And then limited color options

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
...Getting a Granite without the red dash is a plus.
Thought I read just this morning that All Rubicon’s will have the red dash?
Or is that an L.E. Thing?

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Thought I read just this morning that All Rubicon’s will have the red dash?
His comment is about the Launch Edition. That's the only Rubicon that does not come with a red dash from the factory.
Sponsored