First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
This just came up today. I had pretty much settled on leather for my JT order, then today I rented a new Wrangler unlimited to drive this week while traveling in KC. It is a Sport S and has cloth. I am very unimpressed with the cloth quality. In my opinion I would be POed if I spent 35k on a vehicle with these seats. I guess I expect more from a vehicle built in 2019. Leather for me. I also feel the quality is less than my 97 Sahara. Just sayin...

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
Leather easier to keep clean and doesnt absorb odor, sweat, spills as bad.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
How much time will you have the top down? I think the biggest advantage of cloth is it doesn't get as hot in the summer or cold in the winter. But it really only matters with the top down. My wife has black leather in her Tahoe and it's never too bad.

I have cloth in my JLU but I would get leather in a Gladiator. Probably Gator with brown leather.

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Ive really been struggling with this decision. I think i'm close to cloth on my rubi firecracker red build but keep going back and forth. Part of me struggles with buying a 55k vehicle without leather but getting leather puts my build closer to 55k vs. 53k as it sits now.

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
Cloth with Bartact seat covers are my first choice, but brown leather gets ride of the red sticking and the red dash.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I'm going with cloth. Reason being: I am going to change out the seats quickly anyway so I am not going to spend that money on leather.

I have Simpson seats in my JK and they are incredible. Will never be able to go back to stock Jeep seats.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Im still debating sport s or Rubi. If sport s, cloth. If Rubi, saddle leather, but only because I hate the red accents in the cab. Reminds me of a friends 2005 WRX.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I want leather, but will probably go cloth with a plan to get Katzkins one day down the road when my bank account regrows...

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I was divided early on but decided on leather in the end. If the cloth was the newer type of synthetics they're using in Toyotas I would definitely go cloth, but it's not. I just hope the seats are comfortable cause my back is very sensitive to bad seats.

Bruhast

First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS350, 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE
I'm going with cloth. Reason being: I am going to change out the seats quickly anyway so I am not going to spend that money on leather.

I have Simpson seats in my JK and they are incredible. Will never be able to go back to stock Jeep seats.
Do you have any photos you could share of the Simpson seats in your jk?