First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Comes down to what tent, rack, gear you want. You can get a cheaper smittybilt RTT for under a grand, a rack probably under a grand. Lift and tires will probably run you 3k if your going 35s. Bumpers probably 1-2k depending what you want. Winch, and then your typical Overland equipment fridge, cookware etc.

I can see doing a similar build for well under 10k if your smart about what you buy.

Mentioned in the video I saw on YT on [Banned Site]'s channel that this whole build cost around $70K. So base model $35K + $35K in mods.

EVO did mention in another video that they bought the beefier axles for $14K. So if I were to do this exact build on 35s and still maintain the stock wide Dana 44s (max tow package), how much you think this overlanding build will be?
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Comes down to what tent, rack, gear you want. You can get a cheaper smittybilt RTT for under a grand, a rack probably under a grand. Lift and tires will probably run you 3k if your going 35s. Bumpers probably 1-2k depending what you want. Winch, and then your typical Overland equipment fridge, cookware etc.

I can see doing a similar build for well under 10k if your smart about what you buy.
My Sport S build is $47K & Rubicon 52K (MSRP) with comparable options. I might have to forget about the Rubicon and go with the Sport S if I can get my build close to what EVO just did for $10K in mods. To save money I will just replace the front bumper and keep the rear set-up the way it is. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Englane

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S, ‘06 LJ, ‘67 Mustang, Indian Chief, Triumph Thruxton, Triumph TR6
Vehicle Showcase
B6A4788F-1340-4515-8819-C815A9E21C84.jpeg
18631F34-6EC8-4436-97E5-0944E4F49D06.jpeg
I just got my JT yesterday, and completely randomly, I can across this today! Hopefully I wasn’t breaking any rules doing this, but it was in a parking lot on my way home from lunch today, and I couldn’t help but stop and look at it in person!
Sponsored