Sponsored

Official "Battle of the Gladiators" Plywood photo contest! this was inevitable

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Who was also excited thinking he was going to use the bed power plug for the saw....Then I saw it was cordless. LoL.

Now soon you won’t need to cut your own 2x4’s and we’ll have something to slide into those slots (plastic or something).
I definitely was. I saw the saw sitting next to the outlet and I was on the edge of my seat. I had even mentioned in a previous thread how I planned to plug my saw into the bed of my JT to cut my 2x4s. The cordless saw was a little disappointment but this video made my day. :LOL: Quadratec will definitely get some business from me for entertaining us with this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I definitely was. I saw the saw sitting next to the outlet and I was on the edge of my seat. I had even mentioned in a previous thread how I planned to plug my saw into the bed of my JT to cut my 2x4s. The cordless saw was a little disappointment but this video made my day. :LOL: Quadratec will definitely get some business from me for entertaining us with this.
will never work
that outlet is only 300 watts I think, my circular saw is like 8-12 amps, needing 960-1440 watts, I think

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under the first post of this thread it states quite clearly that submissions need to be for YOUR OR THEIR Gladiators. It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! YOU BORROWED THIS GLADIATOR! You didn't notch both edges of the 2x4 and you failed to give the final width of the rear most 2x4s, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!
I was going to use this if I got to do this first - but clearly I didn't, so I don't mind handing my ace over to @Rob_Quadratec
Technically.... he did use "their" gladiator :LOL: I don't believe the rules clearly stated that ownership was required. However, I've been known to not read completely :CWL:

Real question tho.... is the notching required? I'm confused about that part...

Some of us work, sometimes @ralphjjr
LOL yes yes. I have this issue too.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Technically.... he did use "their" gladiator :LOL: I don't believe the rules clearly stated that ownership was required. However, I've been known to not read completely :CWL:
ugh, the intent was ownership, FINE, i changed the rules to more clearly reflect this Ralph, lol

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Given the decision rendered above, I hereby withdraw my declaration of SHENANIGANS.

Dilly Dilly. :beer:

:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Given the decision rendered above, I hereby withdraw my declaration of SHENANIGANS.

Dilly Dilly. :beer:

:like:
Can we please get a custom plywood emoji? That would be sweet!

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under the first post of this thread it states quite clearly that submissions need to be for YOUR OR THEIR Gladiators. It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! YOU BORROWED THIS GLADIATOR! You didn't notch both edges of the 2x4 and you failed to give the final width of the rear most 2x4s, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!
With my new title of Sir Robert of Plywood, I would like to proclaim the contest still open due to technicality.

Indeed, this Gladiator was not mine. (I'm waiting for Sting Gray)

I did however notch both edges. And the final measurement was pretty close to 57 3/4", however I didn't give the final measurement, because it will differ slightly if you've got a sprayed in bedliner.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With my new title of Sir Robert of Plywood, I would like to proclaim the contest still open due to technicality.

Indeed, this Gladiator was not mine. (I'm waiting for Sting Gray)

I did however notch both edges. And the final measurement was pretty close to 57 3/4", however I didn't give the final measurement, because it will differ slightly if you've got a sprayed in bedliner.
Fear not Sir Robert of plywood, I too lost my own contest due to a technicality, lol. Who will be first to win the prize?!!!:whatsgoingon::champagne:

I thought you had said you only needed to notch one edge, for that I apologize. Good insight on the final measurement with bed liners, after-all, he who can not operate a tape measure and circular saw is not one with PLYWOOD.

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
We all know about how awesome PLYWOOD is and we're all jones-ing for a photo of some beautiful plywood in the bed of our beloved Gladiators.

First person to post a REAL photo of THEIR 2020 Gladiator that they personally own with bill of sale photo to back up claim of ownership with a full 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed with the proper three 2x4's cut and tailgate in the half position according to the directions in the owners manual WINS PRIZE 1!

Prize 2 will be for most unique photo of plywood in bed of your Gladiator that you own personally and supply a bill of sale photo to back up claim of ownership,
any year Gladiator will do for this one. (Cindy included :involve:)

That's it, easy peasy! let the plywood glory begin!

Thanks @kayakmike for triggering my brain to hash this plan out.

FewMellowAustrianpinscher-small.gif

First Prize:
STILL UP FOR GRABS!~!~!~!~!~!

2nd Prize:
Entry 1: @5JeepsAz
img_20190331_210258423-jpg.jpg
Gladiator.jpg

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Here is an entry for the 2nd prize! I can't think of a better entry than the 2" Mopar lift, inside a plywood box and sitting nside the bed of the Gladiator. LOL

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
We all know about how awesome PLYWOOD is and we're all jones-ing for a photo of some beautiful plywood in the bed of our beloved Gladiators.

First person to post a REAL photo of THEIR 2020 Gladiator that they personally own with bill of sale photo to back up claim of ownership with a full 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed with the proper three 2x4's cut and tailgate in the half position according to the directions in the owners manual WINS PRIZE 1!

Prize 2 will be for most unique photo of plywood in bed of your Gladiator that you own personally and supply a bill of sale photo to back up claim of ownership,
any year Gladiator will do for this one. (Cindy included :involve:)

That's it, easy peasy! let the plywood glory begin!

Thanks @kayakmike for triggering my brain to hash this plan out.

FewMellowAustrianpinscher-small.gif

First Prize:
STILL UP FOR GRABS!~!~!~!~!~!

2nd Prize:
Entry 1: @5JeepsAz
img_20190331_210258423-jpg.jpg
Not sure if my last post made it. Here's a photo for 2nd! Gladiator hauling it's lift in a plywood box.

Gladiator.jpg
Sponsored