Premium audio real world experience

duckyjp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
interested in real world experience with the premium audio system. Was it worth it? Does it get the job done with the top down?
Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I think this premium sound system sounds better than the JL maybe because the smaller cockpit. My son has a 2018 JL with the premium sound, my JT has deeper sound

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I think this premium sound system sounds better than the JL maybe because the smaller cockpit. My son has a 2018 JL with the premium sound, my JT has deeper sound
Agree! I thought the Alpine in the Rubicon JT I tested sounded better than the Alpine in my JL. I attributed it to the smaller cab. And without a doubt the Alpine in my JL is significantly better than the factory Alpine I had in my JKU.

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Agree! I thought the Alpine in the Rubicon JT I tested sounded better than the Alpine in my JL. I attributed it to the smaller cab. And without a doubt the Alpine in my JL is significantly better than the factory Alpine I had in my JKU.
Yes agree JL is way better than JK

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
Love the premium audio. The sub will make the sliding window rattle when open.
Also is pretty loud.
Sirius still sucks however its so compressed.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I had it added to my order before it went to D1 status because I didn't want to have regrets.

And also because when Crutchfield says "we don't recommend removing your factory radio" you realize quickly that $1,295 isn't such a bad deal.

Sponsored

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The premium audio is PREMO. All weekend, topless, doors off, freeway at 70, music loud and clear. Love the sub. You can really feel the bass. The speed adjusted volume leaves you free to enjoy the ride without "fiddling" with the knobs. Light years ahead of my old JK factory system.

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
I haven't had a chance to hear this Alpine system yet. I have always upgraded the audio in every vehicle I've owned. From those that are audiophiles like myself is it worth replacing the factory speakers and sub with other Alpine components or another brand to make it that much better?

cajun charlie

First Name
Cajun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I haven't had a chance to hear this Alpine system yet. I have always upgraded the audio in every vehicle I've owned. From those that are audiophiles like myself is it worth replacing the factory speakers and sub with other Alpine components or another brand to make it that much better?
@jncomatrix I think an audiophile might still be a little disappointed if they don't also upgrade the HU. Only a three band EQ and no separate sub controls. For me the premium factory setup is great.

FiveStar-Ace

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Agreed with some of the users above. This Alpine system is unbelievable. The bass is incredible and such an improvement even over my 2018 JL. Even my 72 year old grandpa was bumping to the tunes...kinda ruined the Alpine system he has in his 2012 Dodge Ram though

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Happy to hear that the premium audio in the JT is sounding great. I have the premium audio in my JKU '17 and the bass and sound is great.
Sponsored