Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I’m planning to get an sPOD. Specifically the touchscreen.

Anyone else thinking of switches / command center?

Where are you thinking you will mount it?

I’ve seen overhead, above the rear view mirror. There is some tech there, and I think some folks have an accessory that wraps around what’s there and let’s you put a bank of switches.

I’ve also seen on the a-pillar, by the steering wheel and all the way at the top. That seems busy to me...

I’m now thinking about the location of the factory auxiliary switches... I wonder if I don’t get them, if I can use the cubby to mount the sPOD somehow, but, would there be enough clearance from the shift lever (auto).

Lots of questions. I need to go to the dealership to hangout in a JL rubicon again...
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
i think there are too many variables without actually having the JT in your posession. for now, just dream about what you'ld like to do.

I don't know if the 4 switches that come with the Rubicon will be enough or not.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
i think there are too many variables without actually having the JT in your posession. for now, just dream about what you'ld like to do.

I don't know if the 4 switches that come with the Rubicon will be enough or not.
They don’t come with the Rubicon, you have to pony up for the auxiliary switch group. I bet you knew that, just clearing up any confusion for others. :like:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
They don’t come with the Rubicon, you have to pony up for the auxiliary switch group. I bet you knew that, just clearing up any confusion for others. :like:
my bad, i for some reason forgot about this.

lol.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes... dreaming I am...

Right, the aux switches are an option. They won’t be enough for me. I need a minimum of 6 for what I’m planning...
what I need to do is go measure, in a JL, is if the space between the shifter and the aux switches area, is enough for the sPOD touchscreen.

ps some nice interior JL photos, which should help with planning:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-wrangler-interior-photos.1651/

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
What is everyone's plans for switches? I'm likely going OEM pod and will use: Hood Lights, Rear Lights/Rock lights, Compressor, Air horn for mine. I wasn't planning on running my winch through a switch panel. Maybe putting a master kill switch for it somewhere in the engine. This is my first Jeep in 20 years, what else would I need to switch control?

I'm also going to install a CB and Dash cam in short order but don't think either of those need a switch..

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Direct wire your winch and CB
basically anything that has its own switch you could hardwire, right?

if your winch has a controller, or the CB has an on/off switch, why give it another switch.

so lights, horn, rocket launcher, air over hydraulic le-man car style on-board vehicle jacks, license plate 007 flipper.

i like the music to this one! Dracula!

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Toro34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 JKU Sport, 15 JK Sport, 23 Mojave
@ralphjjr I have an SPod in my JK currently. My plan is to pull it and install in my JT.

I'm going to upgrade to the touchscreen (currently I have the switches above the mirror) and use a RAM Mount 1" ball somewhere in the cab to mount it.

There's a pretty nice mirror/RAM Mount combo made by CMM that attaches to the front grab bar (they actually have a few different mounts) I wont link it here, but Google should take you right to it

Toro34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 JKU Sport, 15 JK Sport, 23 Mojave
i saw that yesterday SPOD posted exactly what i was talking about on their Instagram page! (3rd and 4th pics over)

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I plan to get the sPOD too and I already got the 67 designs rail mounting system. They have one accessory for the sPOD. If it looks busy there, I have seen YT videos where people have mounted on top near the rear view mirror and I plan to do that.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan to get the sPOD too and I already got the 67 designs rail mounting system. They have one accessory for the sPOD. If it looks busy there, I have seen YT videos where people have mounted on top near the rear view mirror and I plan to do that.
The top near the rear view is where I want to mount it too... but there’s a lot going on up there in the JT... once I actually take delivery I’ll figure it out. I don’t like it on the a pillar, and I’m not so sure I want it right above the uconnect screen. I want to mount my phone there, and 3 screens in such close proximity will be too busy I think
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.