First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Good eye bud, where I live the MT tires get chewed to pieces so the KO2s work much better. My personal opinion is that the BFGs are a better tire than the Falkens. So the easiest thing to do was swap the wheels and tires. A side note is while most gladiators come with a steel wheel for the spare because of the swap I picked up a matching rim on the spare.
So you traded in your JL Rubi?
Agree with you on the KO2s. Not sure why Jeep chose Falkens for the Gladiator Rubi.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Texasbyker

Texasbyker

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So you traded in your JL Rubi?
Agree with you on the KO2s. Not sure why Jeep chose Falkens for the Gladiator Rubi.
No sir they took them off a JL Rubi, as far as the Falkens maybe FCA got a heck of a deal

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
No sir they took them off a JL Rubi, as far as the Falkens maybe FCA got a heck of a deal
Flexible dealer I see. Good for you. And you are probably correct on the Falkens.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Curious - does it have the same name as your first one, or a new name? Did you keep anything off the first one? Does it even matter to you that it's not the one you bought? I'm glad you got a new one! Congrats

OP
OP
Texasbyker

Texasbyker

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Curious - does it have the same name as your first one, or a new name? Did you keep anything off the first one? Does it even matter to you that it's not the one you bought? I'm glad you got a new one! Congrats
Well as far as a name I hadn’t named the other one but all my white trucks have been named Elvis my little brothers doing he said because it’s big white and you can never tell where it would show up. I took the bag for the freedom tops out of the first and put in storage and forgot to put it back in that will be mailed back to the dealer. I am just happy that I have one, the dealer did such a fantastic job with the switch nope no doesn’t matter as it’s exactly identical as the first.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Good eye bud, where I live the MT tires get chewed to pieces so the KO2s work much better. My personal opinion is that the BFGs are a better tire than the Falkens. So the easiest thing to do was swap the wheels and tires. A side note is while most gladiators come with a steel wheel for the spare because of the swap I picked up a matching rim on the spare.
Oh, man... I hadn't realized the 5 wheel was a steel, that sucks. That definitely encourages me to have aftermarket wheels to get a matching set.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Oh, man... I hadn't realized the 5 wheel was a steel, that sucks. That definitely encourages me to have aftermarket wheels to get a matching set.
Can't see it. Only matters if you do 5 tire rotation...right?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Can't see it. Only matters if you do 5 tire rotation...right?
Correct. I do a 5 tire rotation on my JKU so I guess I'm in that habit. Past trucks and other vehicles I only did 4 so... maybe I just stop thinking of this like a Jeep. That being said, I was considering getting a Sport and then having them swap my current wheels/tires onto the truck so I have 385/70 tires right away, and prettier wheels (I have the black Moab/Willys wheels on my Wrangler) so I'd get 5 wheels that way.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
I want to say the answer was in a video, but from what I remember FCA said that BFG was extremely busy and could not support timing for JT tire development and Falken could. they make a pretty good tire, they do TONS of development using racing both off road (baja / KOH) and endurance (Le Mans / road racing / drifting).

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Correct. I do a 5 tire rotation on my JKU so I guess I'm in that habit. Past trucks and other vehicles I only did 4 so... maybe I just stop thinking of this like a Jeep. That being said, I was considering getting a Sport and then having them swap my current wheels/tires onto the truck so I have 385/70 tires right away, and prettier wheels (I have the black Moab/Willys wheels on my Wrangler) so I'd get 5 wheels that way.
Me too (or is #metoo) do 5 tire on JKU. but have been thinking really hard about keeping # 5 as just a spare on the JT

Sponsored

OP
OP
Texasbyker

Texasbyker

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I want to say the answer was in a video, but from what I remember FCA said that BFG was extremely busy and could not support timing for JT tire development and Falken could. they make a pretty good tire, they do TONS of development using racing both off road (baja / KOH) and endurance (Le Mans / road racing / drifting).
I agree when I was racing I used a Falken as my tire of choice for the rain great wet traction.

OP
OP
Texasbyker

Texasbyker

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Well received follow up from the dealership. Final verdict was a faulty transmission. They didn’t elaborate any further

Cwd56

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Well received follow up from the dealership. Final verdict was a faulty transmission. They didn’t elaborate any further
I just bought the one you returned. They were very upfront about changing the transmission, and said it had something to do with the pump not sealing/seating correctly. Had it for two days now and love it.

6971FA75-7024-48F2-A63B-7950C043F3FF.jpeg

271BDF6D-F9AD-47A4-9BFD-DC79ABBC0FD0.jpeg

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I just bought the one you returned. They were very upfront about changing the transmission, and said it had something to do with the pump not sealing/seating correctly. Had it for two days now and love it.

WOW, now that is KOOL, small world!

OP
OP
Texasbyker

Texasbyker

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

271BDF6D-F9AD-47A4-9BFD-DC79ABBC0FD0.jpeg
Cool man I will say this it was broken in gently. All around great folks I would t ever hesitate to purchase a vehicle from them very stand up folks!
Sponsored