First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Yeah, the sales total is low because that’s basically how many they shipped to dealers, and the transaction price is high because only loaded Rubicons and Overlands were available. Sales numbers will skyrocket and transaction averages will drop as the factory hits its stride

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The fine print says 15% discount up to $200
says "Maximum value: $200" Meaning if you buy a $1333.33 accessory, you get $200 off.

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Still not impressed.
What’s to be, or not be impressed by? They can only sell as many as they deliver to the dealerships... planned production is about 100,000 per year, so less than 8400 per month, globally. Building a brand new vehicle in a newly tooled factory and then delivering all those new trucks to the dealerships isn’t as easy as Star Trek makes it look. We don’t have the ability to instantly fabricate and then beam them around the country. Even IF they were producing at maximum capacity from the moment the factory went live, delivering the Jeeps can take a couple weeks, depending on where they are going.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I guess the 4190 LE’s presold, don’t get counted til they’re delivered and paid for... maybe FCA didn’t want those numbers counted til the last quarter when they officially roll out the 2020 model year! Hmmm...
Not sure I understand what you mean, all Gladiators are 2020's...

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Not sure I understand what you mean, all Gladiators are 2020's...
Right. 2020’s. Not 2019’s. It’s still 2019... most new vehicle rollouts don’t usually begin til the last quarter of the previous year. (They do seem to get earlier & earlier, like Halloween & Christmas commercial seasons!) Anyway, the 4190 is a big enough number. Just sayin’, maybe they wanted to pad their rollout numbers with the 4190! Maybe there’s some tax advantage to filing that $250, or 60, million dollars in that quarter?
I was actually being sarcastic, (being personally in LE purgatory, and doubly, in Granite Crystal Twilight Zone), but there’s always a little truth in sarcasm! ;{

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Right. 2020’s. Not 2019’s. It’s still 2019... most new vehicle rollouts don’t usually begin til the last quarter of the previous year. (They do seem to get earlier & earlier, like Halloween & Christmas commercial seasons!) Anyway, the 4190 is a big enough number. Just sayin’, maybe they wanted to pad their rollout numbers with the 4190! Maybe there’s some tax advantage to filing that $250, or 60, million dollars in that quarter?
I was actually being sarcastic, (being personally in LE purgatory, and doubly, in Granite Crystal Twilight Zone), but there’s always a little truth in sarcasm! ;{
The 4190 being ordered doesn’t actually get reported as sales until the money comes in

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
The 4190 being ordered doesn’t actually get reported as sales until the money comes in
Yep... first line of my original post up top! ;{

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I still can’t understand why they call it a “Launch Edition” when it’s not the first off the assembly line. Lol, seems like bait and switch. I’d be pissed if I ordered a Launch Edition, wanting to be first to have it and see other Rubicon, Overland and Sports on the road before I got mine.

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL rubicon.
The ones at the dealers are pretty damn overpriced right now I had to order my rubicon to get for 54k with all the good stuff. GOD knows when I’ll get it though lol
Sponsored