Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Hey all!

I am picking up my JT sport later this week, and I want to get some new headlights ready to install once I receive it.

My question is, will standard 7" LED headlights fit (Trucklite, JW Speaker) that are for the JK?

I have read mixed things about this. Some say you require a new bracket if your JL comes with the Mopar LED package, a few places (Quadratec) chat option have all told me these headlights will not fit in the JT.

Anyone happen to know if these will fit? For reference these are the types of lights I am looking at.

Thank you for any and all help!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/jw-speaker/8700-evolution-j2-series-led-headlight-wrangler-jk
https://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_8102.htm
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I haven't used those because they're too expensive for what you get. But, if you're open to options here is another way you could go.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't used those because they're too expensive for what you get. But, if you're open to options here is another way you could go.

Im one of those...i gotta replace the entire housing instead of bulbs as i understand a new bulb could just blind everyone in front of me.

I guess I really just need to know how big the lights are. Seems like everyone is stating the LED lights are 9" but no one has said what the halogen lights are. Same size or are they 9" as well?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Yes. 9". You can install 9" (of which there are just a few out there), or 7" with a bracket.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. 9". You can install 9" (of which there are just a few out there), or 7" with a bracket.
Are you able to point me to where i can find some 9" headlights? I've looked but haven't found any yet :(

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Those all look great...but look to need some fabrication to make them fit right....someone has to make some direct swaps soon hopefully

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Those all look great...but look to need some fabrication to make them fit right....someone has to make some direct swaps soon hopefully
No those are direct swap plug and play. Only trick is deciding how to wire the halos.

There is also a kit for the OEM LED headlights that works with the Sport.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Im one of those...i gotta replace the entire housing instead of bulbs as i understand a new bulb could just blind everyone in front of me.

I guess I really just need to know how big the lights are. Seems like everyone is stating the LED lights are 9" but no one has said what the halogen lights are. Same size or are they 9" as well?
You should actually watch the video I posted. LED bulbs do not blind anyone, IF you buy quality bulbs and not $20 junk from eBay.

You can get the same beam pattern as factory, but with MORE light output from a bulb swap, and save hundreds of dollars for other mods. Or groceries. Just sayin'...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
You should actually watch the video I posted. LED bulbs do not blind anyone, IF you buy quality bulbs and not $20 junk from eBay.

You can get the same beam pattern as factory, but with MORE light output from a bulb swap, and save hundreds of dollars for other mods. Or groceries. Just sayin'...
^^ Good to know. Maybe I can find driving lights to satisfy the craving for that halo

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for the link! On my 64 these may be perfect to illuminate what fifty year old lights won't. And keep the old lights original for vintage. If I can keep them low enough, or if not then downgrade to a lower output version. For rural, I'll bet they work great on country roads. Thanks!
Sponsored