Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
"80% of parts are new." Hopefully the cams and timing set are not among the 20%.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
2/20 release? That rumor has been around for weeks already ..........

Nice overview video though

What we are waiting on is pricing and MPG rating.

Why did you change your response from “what andre works there now?” Lol
It was news to me sorry I didn’t drop a trade secret. I anticipate $4.5k over the 3.6 with a stick personally. I’m calling 24 mpg combined for the gladiator

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
2/20 release? That rumor has been around for weeks already ..........
Ya from somebody I was not familiar with on the board who got the info from an unverifiable source = much more reliable from TFL I'm sure you'd agree. He said they will have more video(s) next week, the hard numbers should come Very Soon afterwards. :clap:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Why did you change your response from “what andre works there now?” Lol
It was news to me sorry I didn’t drop a trade secret. I anticipate $4.5k over the 3.6 with a stick personally. I’m calling 24 mpg combined for the gladiator
Because I didn't want to sound like too much of an ass ;).... at least today LOL. guess you caught my Ninja edit?

$4.5K was the previous price for the EcoD in the Ram. I hope FCA takes a hard look at the fact Chevy jumped in for $2495. Unfortunately the EcoD will be Auto trans only...and we will most likely see the $2K upcharge for that as well still.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya from somebody I was not familiar with on the board who got the info from an unverifiable source = much more reliable from TFL I'm sure you'd agree. He said they will have more video(s) next week, the hard numbers should come Very Soon afterwards. :clap:
Yea.... thing is FCA said 2020 at the Reveal so nothing really new release time yet ... only thing I'm really jonesin' for is pricing.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Just a dream... but if FCA had modernized the Cummins 4BT to use in the light duty trucks (Ram 1500 and Jeep Gladiator) to go along with the larger descendant of the 6BT in HD trucks, that would have set the news media on fire. It would have sold better. And it wouldn't have any talk of reliability issues.

Sigh.. oh well.

In other news, now that the Titan XD version is dead, I guess Cummins will be shopping that V8 around really hard looking for a dance partner.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Because I didn't want to sound like too much of an ass ;).... at least today LOL. guess you caught my Ninja edit?

$4.5K was the previous price for the EcoD in the Ram. I hope FCA takes a hard look at the fact Chevy jumped in for $2495. Unfortunately the EcoD will be Auto trans only...and we will most likely see the $2K upcharge for that as well still.

Yep that’s how I got my number. $2500 + auto. Wording was vague I was suggesting that it’d cost $4500 above a stick shift 3.6

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Just a dream... but if FCA had modernized the Cummins 4BT to use in the light duty trucks (Ram 1500 and Jeep Gladiator) to go along with the larger descendant of the 6BT in HD trucks, that would have set the news media on fire. It would have sold better. And it wouldn't have any talk of reliability issues.

Sigh.. oh well.

In other news, now that the Titan XD version is dead, I guess Cummins will be shopping that V8 around really hard looking for a dance partner.

We’ve got three diesel titans at work. The truck itself is great but that motor is underwhelming. We see better mileage and half the dealer trips in our 3.5 eco boost fleet

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep that’s how I got my number. $2500 + auto. Wording was vague I was suggesting that it’d cost $4500 above a stick shift 3.6
If that ends up being the case, then count me in.

However, I'm not that optimistic.
Yeah, I don't have much tolerance for their greed much beyond that either --- think they have knickled and dimed the shit out of these things already