Sponsored

Flush mount lights rear bumper

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Has anyone mounted any flush mount flood lights in the rear bumper? I'm thinking maybe the two red reflectors in each corner could possibly be removed and would be a good spot to mount them. Maybe something like these? https://www.rigidindustries.com/d-series-pro-flood-diffused-flush-mount-black-2-lights-212513.html

for the sport S owners out there, those of you that already have your trucks, can you see anything behind the reflectors that would prevent you mounting there? is it backed by steel in that area or is it plastic that could be easily cut with a hole saw?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrichJeepUtopia

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
nc_oc=AQmQ8JDpw90yiHAVoLoofWDSqVTqDCIrcsd36EFr2Vq0fJbqgniMtH_7ENBJMznZNts&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQlQzsehfQDEFigXuPtt0JBltbl_xhxMkYfRzIh7pcJm4ZDJyxlbRlmE5ButNEHHJK0&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

not mine , saw this on another forum
Great, thanks for the pics. Hard to tell if those are flush or surface mounted, but at least it looks like I'm on the right track for a good location.

Jamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Great, thanks for the pics. Hard to tell if those are flush or surface mounted, but at least it looks like I'm on the right track for a good location.
reading their post , He used rugged ridge lights and flushed them into the bumper

mpinch

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2013 BMW X3 (wifes), 2007 BMW 328XI Coupe, 1998 BMW 328IS Coupe, 2003 Triumph Speed Four
Occupation
Engineer
Innovative Creations Inc (ICI) has Magnum Series Rear Bumpers that feature KC Hilites however I don't see that KC sells them separately. I really want a set to retro fit into my stock JT bumper but can't seem to find them anywhere. Here are the specs -

LZR Flush Mount LED by KC HiLITES (In tandem with ICI)
Light Specs:
• 65MM/ 2.5" Flush Mount Flood
• Single Bulb 10W/900 Lumen Cree LED
• Aluminum Faceplate and Housing
• 40 Degree Optic (works flawlessly with OE cameras and sensors)
• KC Branded and Backed
• 23 Year Warranty

ici_magnum.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrichJeepUtopia

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking about surface mounting a set of the KC C series 519 floods where the bumper reflectors are. They’re small enough to fit in there and seem to put out a plenty of light from the pictures I’ve seen.

https://www.kchilites.com/2-c-series-c2-led-backup-flood-light-system-519.html

Product Dimensions: W - 2.85" x H - 2.21/1.91" x D - 2.17"
The red reflector is a removable panel. It's held in from the back with three screws.

I bought a set of the KC Backup Lights to mount in the rear. I found them on Amazon for $145. I went with some EAG Bumper mounts for $26. They fit great and go on easy. I just used a split washer and M10 nut to attach them to the lower bumper bolt. They hang down about an inch, and have three holes in them for attaching items.
EAG 20W 2x2 LED Pod Light with... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QRF8WDR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The description is a little misleading, but they clarify further down that it's only the brackets that are shipped.

20191016_012605.jpg
20191016_012531.jpg
20191016_012421.jpg
20191016_012325.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Has anyone mounted any flush mount flood lights in the rear bumper? I'm thinking maybe the two red reflectors in each corner could possibly be removed and would be a good spot to mount them. Maybe something like these? https://www.rigidindustries.com/d-series-pro-flood-diffused-flush-mount-black-2-lights-212513.html

for the sport S owners out there, those of you that already have your trucks, can you see anything behind the reflectors that would prevent you mounting there? is it backed by steel in that area or is it plastic that could be easily cut with a hole saw?
what are the laws for reverse lights? can they be too big/bright?

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
what are the laws for reverse lights? can they be too big/bright?
No white light emiting from rear of vehicle when driving. Some guys use 50in light bars for back up lights.
When I do my rack I'll probably put a 10 or 20in single row on both sides and the back. I'll tie it's activation into the reverse as well.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
you mean when driving forward?
Yeah. Reverse lights are fine but a broken tail light where red lens is gone and white light is shining backwards is probably cause for a stop and a ticket.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Here's a picture of the reflector from the back. There's just three small bolts holding it on. It has a hanger on the back that holds some of the wiring.

20191017_173546.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Here's a picture of the reflector from the back. There's just three small bolts holding it on. It has a hanger on the back that holds some of the wiring.

20191017_173546.jpg
cool, @Troybilt has a plan to make a bracket to attach a light to those mounting holes. This looks very do-able.
Sponsored