Used Rims on Marketplace a good fit?

LewisTake5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey everyone, I placed an order for a Rubicon JT and found some rims on Facebook marketplace, curious if they will fit right. According to the listing they are 18x9 with 18mm offset. Planning on going with 37's and curious how they will do, if they will rub, how it will handle, etc.

As an aside, I thought I read somewhere that the Rubicon's came with a small lift from factory. Will this be enough to take the 37's on a trail and not rub? Considering a simple 1" body lift, but not sure if that will be enough for some of the more difficult trails.

Thank you
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hey everyone, I placed an order for a Rubicon JT and found some rims on Facebook marketplace, curious if they will fit right. According to the listing they are 18x9 with 18mm offset. Planning on going with 37's and curious how they will do, if they will rub, how it will handle, etc.

As an aside, I thought I read somewhere that the Rubicon's came with a small lift from factory. Will this be enough to take the 37's on a trail and not rub? Considering a simple 1" body lift, but not sure if that will be enough for some of the more difficult trails.

Thank you
1. Not enough info, like bolt pattern
2. No, you can’t run 37s off road without rubbing unless you lift
3. Body lifts aren’t yet available for the JT

Have fun researching while waiting on build and delivery.

OP
OP
LewisTake5

LewisTake5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
1. Not enough info, like bolt pattern
2. No, you can’t run 37s off road without rubbing unless you lift
3. Body lifts aren’t yet available for the JT

Have fun researching while waiting on build and delivery.
Hey sorry, I was mainly concerned about the offset, bolt pattern is 5x127 which appears to be right. I was just curious because everyone is noting a -18 or -24 offset, and these show simply "Offset: 18mm" there is no mention of it being negative. The closest I found someone stated that factory is positive 44, and if that's the case then these should stick out about an inch from factory, just wanted to see if someone who knows more about tires can confirm?

As far as rubbing off-road, would a leveling kit help, or a 1" body lift when the become available. I wouldn't do more than an inch. Just deciding if I need to save up for a lift before Moab trip in the spring. I'm shooting for smallest lift needed to make 37's fit on some moderate to hard trails.

Thank you for your input!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hey sorry, I was mainly concerned about the offset, bolt pattern is 5x127 which appears to be right. I was just curious because everyone is noting a -18 or -24 offset, and these show simply "Offset: 18mm" there is no mention of it being negative. The closest I found someone stated that factory is positive 44, and if that's the case then these should stick out about an inch from factory, just wanted to see if someone who knows more about tires can confirm?

As far as rubbing off-road, would a leveling kit help, or a 1" body lift when the become available. I wouldn't do more than an inch. Just deciding if I need to save up for a lift before Moab trip in the spring. I'm shooting for smallest lift needed to make 37's fit on some moderate to hard trails.

Thank you for your input!
+18 should work fine on a Rubicon. AEV JL/JT wheels are +25, and I’m running +11 with no issues. You will likely get some rubbing under suspension compression using 37s without a lift which incorporates front bump stop extensions. A 2” lift is all that is needed for 37s on a Rubicon. You might be able to squeeze them in with a leveling kit only if it includes front bump stops.
Sponsored