Sponsored

Who uses their Gladiator as a Ranch or Farm Work truck?

AggieJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
My Gladiator is a work truck on my small ranch in Central Texas. It is a good size for my 27 acres of goat ranch. I found out the hard way that 4WD is a necessity. My first accessory will be a 12K winch.

Any thoughts here?
Sponsored

JMC

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Land Rover Range Rover 2018, Land Rover Defender 90
My Gladiator is a work truck on my small ranch in Central Texas. It is a good size for my 27 acres of goat ranch. I found out the hard way that 4WD is a necessity. My first accessory will be a 12K winch.

Any thoughts here?
Got mine to use on my Ranch in South Texas, We use one tons to haul cattle and heavy stuff, but use this to get around and everyday transport.

OP
OP
AggieJim

AggieJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
My ranch is only 27 acres so it works for goats here in Central Texas. This is one of my feed store trips.

5189901E-9BE9-4F1E-BF0A-E61041A76B3D.jpeg

DukeJeep

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Toyota FJ
We have a small farm - 17 acres, mostly hay. My Gladiator Rubicon is both my DD and our farm truck. I could have used a winch multiple times since I bought the truck, but it’s been on back order. I bought a 12K synthetic rope Warn.

I‘ve used the Jeep and a 20K lbs tow strap to pull out my stuck john Deere gator, & to guide a tree to fall a certain direction while cutting it down. I’ve hauled downed tree limbs and wood, moved furniture, fuel, mulch, rocks, dirt, etc. My wife had a place load almost 2 tons of rock in the bed and drove it home before I could see it and let her know that exceeded the manufacture’s recommendations.

I also play around in the mud a bit on my land. No problems to date other than the dent I added to the tailgate at mile 600 :/ I still use the tailgate as my mobile workbench.

I found this thread looking to see what people added for farm builds. I have the upgraded steel bumper that I am keeping intact as I drive through hay often. In addition to the winch I will be installing a bull bar and cargo management system for the bed, and a light bar over the next couple of weeks.

what have you found to be useful to add to the Jeep for your farm?

Raton Pass

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Waiting on my new farm plates from our dealer right now.

BTW, carry a mineral block or some type of livestock or wildlife feed at all times. IMO

My prior farm truck was stopped for a missing mud flap & having chicken feed in the bed kept me out of trouble/ticket as he asked where I was going.

We have 130 acres just South of Fort McKavett surrounded by big ranches with the head waters of Middle Copperas Creek on it.
# blessed

$500 an acre in 1997 because one uncle was mad at the other.

I worked on their cars for free since the early 70s just to hunt for free.

Long story short...
Right place, right time.

We lease out to the same hunter for Axis, Fallow, Sika, hogs, Turkey etc. for years now.

Just today our Realator called with acceptance of our counter offer on 8.77 with a closing date of under three weeks.

It will be more than we paid for the whole place if we close.🙏

All my Jeep wish list upgrades are about to come true.

My wife gets a new kitchen so I won’t get any grief.

Excited to say the least.

Love my Jeep!

What it will look like.

Jeep Gladiator Who uses their Gladiator as a Ranch or Farm Work truck? 1A221F98-1463-4CF5-ADA8-6A854B8DAE23

Jeep Gladiator Who uses their Gladiator as a Ranch or Farm Work truck? 86682380-7814-4F18-8F55-0D5A2E18CE40
Sponsored

Last edited: