Sponsored

Why is it so difficult to find plug in play Halos?!?

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I don’t want to have to rewire and all that hassle... why is it so hard to find some nice looking halos you can just swap out. The stock Sport headlights are very weak imo. Sad really for what these cost that’s what you get for headlights.

What gives...
Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Halos are dumb

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Sport S - Ordered 8/7, delivered 9/9
The Oracles I got were plug and play on my Sport S. I've been happy with them so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Sweet... did you get the 7” or the oculus ?
@ksh67

I’m liking the look of the oculus... but curious about that wire that goes to the fuse box?

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Occulus. The wire that goes to the fuse box is no big deal. You pretty much plug fuses into it and then plug it into the fuse box. Super easy. You do need to put a small groove into the inside of the box so the wire doesn't get pinched. Other than that it was fine. Aiming was easy, just level surface, 25 feet back from a wall or garage door and top of beam is 3 feet off ground.

Sweet... did you get the 7” or the oculus ?
@ksh67

I’m liking the look of the oculus... but curious about that wire that goes to the fuse box?

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@ksh67 any chance that could fry something or void any kind of warranty?... so do they send everything that you plug into the fuse box?

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it. Not really pulling anymore power out of it, just sharing a spot. Also the LED DRL don't use much power at all. Also, lots of these in use on JT, JL etc. with no problems I am aware of

@ksh67 any chance that could fry something or void any kind of warranty?... so do they send everything that you plug into the fuse box?

Sponsored

Pmbrown9

First Name
Phillip Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I found some factory LED Headlights and just snipped their harness and rewired the halo's off an auxiliary fuse under the hood. Worked like a charm, took about 10 minutes.

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
I found some factory LED Headlights and just snipped their harness and rewired the halo's off an auxiliary fuse under the hood. Worked like a charm, took about 10 minutes.
Can you expand on this a bit? There’s a guy that is selling a wire on the JL forum so you can just plug into the fuse box but it’s 250 dollars. It does make it so you don’t have to flash as well but I have a tazer so that’s not really a problem for me. You snipped the wire you were supposed to run in through the firewall? And if so how did you connect it to the fuse box? I’m brand new to this kind of stuff so forgive me if it’s very basic..

Pmbrown9

First Name
Phillip Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Can you expand on this a bit? There’s a guy that is selling a wire on the JL forum so you can just plug into the fuse box but it’s 250 dollars. It does make it so you don’t have to flash as well but I have a tazer so that’s not really a problem for me. You snipped the wire you were supposed to run in through the firewall? And if so how did you connect it to the fuse box? I’m brand new to this kind of stuff so forgive me if it’s very basic..
Sorry for the late response. You do not have to flash anything but that’s not why I tapped to the fuse box. Yes snip the end of that harness into an “add a fuse”. I pm’ed you. Lemme know if you want pics etc!!

Phinneywood

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I’m planning to do this, but instead wire the halos to one of the aux switches. @Pmbrown9 is it accurate that the headlights already have a ground wire and that the halo wiring harness is just a single wire for power? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored