Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I would think you are right. Did Jeep actually say the Mojave has 1" of lift compared to a Rubicon or just 1" of lift? I didn't have a tape measure but when I was looking at the Mojave at the Philly Auto Show it sure didn't look any different than Rubicon Ride height. They advertised the Rubicon as having 1" of lift long before the Mojave was released. Of course we know that is relative to Sport/Overland trims.
Compared to the Rubicon, yes, but only in front. It's basically a Rubi with a leveling kit, so less rake.

Reactions: Tim

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would think you are right. Did Jeep actually say the Mojave has 1" of lift compared to a Rubicon or just 1" of lift? I didn't have a tape measure but when I was looking at the Mojave at the Philly Auto Show it sure didn't look any different than Rubicon Ride height. They advertised the Rubicon as having 1" of lift long before the Mojave was released. Of course we know that is relative to Sport/Overland trims.
I think it has 0.5" lift over the Rubi. I think the specs say that the JTM has 11.6" of clearance, and the JTR has 11.1" of clearance.

EDIT: I think that's consistent with what Jeepers just wrote above.

Reactions: Tim

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
The Rubicon got its extra height from the 33's though correct? Its not actually "lifted"?

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Per Jeep Cares in this thread back in May of 2019, the option to engage the rear locker in 4HI should be coming this year to existing vehicles.

I'll believe it when I see it but one can be hopeful, right?

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-lock-rear-differential-in-4high.16964/page-2

I remember this being mentioned when the Gladiator was first shown. One of the Jeep Engineers mentioned it. But, I believe Tazer takes care of that.

I'm sure it has been mentioned in these 18 pages, but I want a Mojavicon. Give me the beefed up frame and knuckles, put a front locker on it, and the sway bar disconnect. I'm good with either transfer case.

Regardless, I'm just glad to see more legitimate options.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Good call. You're right.. Good call. :CWL::LOL:

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Still no travel numbers ???????? For those of you interested in desert running, why are none of you interested in travel numbers?

My guess is that it's the same as a Rubicon but with better shocks.
Travel is 21". This was stated by Jim Morrison in the presser at the Chicago Auto Show. It is right about the 12:30 mark. He does say that Gladiator has 21" of travel, so I'm not sure if that statement was aimed at all JTs, or if he just said Gladiator instead of Mojave. I have no clue with the Rubicon's travel number is, but I'm sure someone here does.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
Travel is 21". This was stated by Jim Morrison in the presser at the Chicago Auto Show. It is right about the 12:30 mark. He does say that Gladiator has 21" of travel, so I'm not sure if that statement was aimed at all JTs, or if he just said Gladiator instead of Mojave. I have no clue with the Rubicon's travel number is, but I'm sure someone here does.
Thats not possible, 21" travel shock would be over 4ft long. Our shocks are around half of that extended and about 16" compressed.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I concede my potential ignorance on this, but I thought travel and articulation were the same thing. For educational purposes, can you explain the difference?
I always understood travel to be the entire suspension system working together, from fully compressed to fully extended. And articulation/flex is the system working opposite of each other, one wheel on a rock and the other on the trail.
Yep on a SFA articulation is different from the standard wheel travel. On IFS its measured from full droop to full compression, with IFS since the wheels are independent the measurement is just that the overall travel. On a SFA its different and each side is limited to how much it can compress based on what the other side is doing. So articulation would be one wheel on the ground while the other wheel is fully compressed (aka Flex) and travel on a SFA would be measured from full droop to full compression of both wheels at the same time.

That 21" number is articulation/flex, not suspension travel

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I’d be ok if they offered this as upgrade options on the Rubicon. ?Do you want a beefed up frame? Yep. ?Do you want cast Knuckles? Yep. Sadly, the JTR is already expensive enough. Retiring is overrated anyways.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
So he got the number right, but used the wrong term. Good to know.
Technically you could say its 21" of travel like the engineer stated as the wheel can "travel" 21" from lowest to highest point. But when doing a comparison of Suspension Travel to other high speed off road desert trucks its not the same comparison.
Sponsored