Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) For Gladiator Manual Transmiss [overheating clutch pressure plate]

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My thoughts exactly! Its dumb that a manual gets rated an entire 3000 pounds less than an automatic when manuals do not face the over-heating stress issues that autos will. The unofficial...or well speculation for that low number when compared to the auto was the clutch.
I would say give us an option. And I still think it is a total BS for no max tow package.
Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else noticed that when you run the RPMs up close to red line the clutch feel like it disengages? At first I thought this was intentional like a rev limiter but now I'm not so sure.
Are you sure you're not feeling the rev limiter kicking on?

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Explorer Sport Track, 04 Suzuki VL800, 06 Lincoln Zephyr, 16 Jeep Renegade

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
My thoughts exactly! Its dumb that a manual gets rated an entire 3000 pounds less than an automatic when manuals do not face the over-heating stress issues that autos will. The unofficial...or well speculation for that low number when compared to the auto was the clutch.
Allowing a manual to take the abuses of towing 7.5k in a package that fits these trucks means you need a tougher clutch and for some reason, manufacturers keep tailoring the last few trucks with manual transmissions to the general public that don't buy them.

Modern automatics are exceptionally better at cooling and minimizing heat so I'm not particularly worried (unless for some reason i find myself towing 7k in Arizona up a grade in August) but the reality that I fear is that the MT Jeep is going the way of the MT Tacoma. I love a third pedal but my 2nd gen Taco had a significantly better feel than my 3rd gen that was seemingly dumbed down for mass consumption. I'm fairly certain Jeep is going the same way because while the clutch feel was still better than my Tacoma, it's still too light and not as good as the JK or TJ.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on this topic? Has anyone installed the Centerforce Clutch? If so I'd like to know how it feels. Do you get better feedback from the pedal as it engages?

Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Another questions, it says on the Mopar site you can submit for reimbursement, what is the reimbursement allowed? With $1,125 on the
Centerforce KDF157077 parts and probably several hundred on the install, will Mopar take care of you on the cost?

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After watching the Centerforce videos I'd do it in a heart beat if FCA would cover the labor and even 50% of the parts cost.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Anybody else affected by this recall?

I just checked my Vin on the website today, but somewhere in my mind I remember April 22nd....

I hope they're not just moving a wiring harness for this recall...

20200421_143647.jpg

Ericxj99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt,xj,mj,jk,tj
Anybody else affected by this recall?

I just checked my Vin on the website today, but somewhere in my mind I remember April 22nd....

I hope they're not just moving a wiring harness for this recall...

Jeep Gladiator Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) For Gladiator Manual Transmiss [overheating clutch pressure plate] 20200421_143647

[/My gladiator overhead really bad smoke inside cabin and no clutch at all. had to open all windows let it cool down I was able to drive the truck for a mile or so and clutch went to the floor start overheating again make the call Chrysler explained to me that was a recall they will replace The clutch but no parts where available and I’ll be getting new faulty clutch parts till new parts become available , this happens Thursday still. Waiting at the dealer
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]

Sponsored

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Dealer is replacing my clutch with same faulty parts and will replace again when the parts become available
How many miles do [did?] you have? Were you just driving around normally when the cabin smoked up?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Ericxj99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt,xj,mj,jk,tj
How many miles do [did?] you have? Were you just driving around normally when the cabin smoked up?
It happens once long ago with 5k no smoke just a smell in cabin witch I didn’t care at the time and happens again while pulling a trailer with a scion on it at that time contacted dealer and at the moment it was more like bad driver last time I went to help my daughter jk that was stuck in mud hole once I got there in 4x4 start with the smell so I decide to pull the jk with
My tj manual tranny as well since gladiator is my wife and she’ll kill me if anything happens once out I was driving in the freeway the smoke started very strong smell inside pull over since I was not able to shift i wait 1/2 hrs more or less and able to
Shift but at this time the pedal went to the floor pull over and make the call
Jt has 20k now sitting at the dealer since last Thursday