Sponsored

Rear License Plate Bracket

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
This may seem trivial, but I could have sworn I have seen Gladiators with a rear plate bracket.
My Rubi doesn't have one, dealer screwed a dealer frame right to the plastic bumper cover right above the two mounting bolts in the middle.

Any of you guys get a true bracket to attach a rear plate?
If not, what aftermarket are you using if any?
Can't find anything at mopar/jeep parts site.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same thought about mine, I went to dealership about that too. I got a B.S. answer that it was under the seat or in glovebox if it came with it. Then that some do some don't come with it.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
im lost...what are y'all after?

OP
OP

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
im lost...what are y'all after?
Most vehicles have either a solid mounting point on the rear bumper or trunk lid for a license plate. Those that don't have a bracket that is attached to the bumper for a license plate.

When I received my Rubi, the dealership had ran a couple of self tapping screws through the plastic rear bumper holding one of their branded plate frames on.
This type of setup vibrates and rubs. Mars the plastic rather quickly and gives you a constant rattle from the back.
Eventually said screws will break and you can lose your plate.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
When I received my Rubi, the dealership had ran a couple of self tapping screws through the plastic rear bumper holding one of their branded plate frames on.
That's how mine came, as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Going to order this from Autozone. Then will see about mounting it solid to rear bumper. From there the square pop in plate fastener kits will work.

Jeep Gladiator Rear License Plate Bracket {filename}

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Going to order this from Autozone. Then will see about mounting it solid to rear bumper. From there the square pop in plate fastener kits will work.

Jeep Gladiator Rear License Plate Bracket {filename}

I hope it works.

But why not just bolt the plate directly to the bumper?

OP
OP

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I hope it works.

But why not just bolt the plate directly to the bumper?

As I stated above, the plate will vibrate on the bumper and mar it, there will be a noticeable rattle from the rear, eventually the screws will break.

Not to mention it makes it easy for someone to rip your plate right off the bumper. Real cute game the kids like to play.

I plan on mounting the bracket with 1/4-20 stainless steel hardware with nylanuts and washers.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
As I stated above, the plate will vibrate on the bumper and mar it, there will be a noticeable rattle from the rear, eventually the screws will break.

Not to mention it makes it easy for someone to rip your plate right off the bumper. Real cute game the kids like to play.

I plan on mounting the bracket with 1/4-20 stainless steel hardware with nylanuts and washers.
sorry I missed it the first time. I hope that plate you found works, i guess we should all probably be looking into this.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

A great solution in search of a problem!

WGD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Diesel
Does anyone have a Mopar number for the rear bracket? My Rubi didn’t come with one. I like this mounting solution better than to screw it flush against the plastic insert.

BlueMojave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
For what its worth, I just picked up a new (2020) Mojave and only noticed that there was no mounting bracket yesterday at first fuel stop... I went through everything and only found a bag with the two screws. It has instruction sheet and it says that you tap holes and affix (with torque limit) the plate to the space in the bumper. I have used foam strip on my 2010 Camaro as that had no bracket as such either and do not see any issues with scratching or vibration with that. The nylanuts as a spacer and the foam should be a good solution, but I will watch it for a while...
Jeep Gladiator Rear License Plate Bracket IMG_20210104_141238966_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited: