Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
  • Banned
Looks like FCA moved around 15,000 JTs in Q1, which probably saw decreased numbers in the last few weeks of the quarter due to the pandemic.

So, Gladiator sales remain steady, ticking along at around 5,000ish units per month for close to a year now.

My guess is that Q2 will be horrendous for automakers across the board, so I don't look for dealers here locally to move any JTs soon. I'm still seeing discounts from $10k to $12k off sticker across all trim lines.

FCA US Reports First-quarter 2020 Sales

April 1, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC reported a 10 percent decline in its first-quarter sales as the strong momentum in January and February was more than offset by the negative economic impact of the coronavirus in March.

“Our dealers have once again stepped up as pillars of the community as they have continued to provide critical support to our customers on the road,” said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. “Many have taken extraordinary steps, ranging from enhanced sanitizing protocols for their showrooms to the offer of home delivery and other concierge services to keep consumers safe. I applaud all of them for their efforts.”

For the quarter, U.S. sales were 446,768 vehicles compared with 498,425 for the same period a year earlier. Retail sales were 306,898 vehicles for the quarter. Fleet accounted for 31 percent of total sales.

Ram pickup trucks were a bright spot as sales rose 7 percent to 128,805 vehicles. Overall, the Ram brand rose 3 percent to 140,486 vehicles. Chrysler Pacifica sales rose 5 percent to 24,525 and Jeep® Gladiator notched sales of 15,259 vehicles. It was the third consecutive quarter Gladiator has surpassed the 15,000 mark.

FCA will continue working with its financial providers to ensure customers receive the help they need during these challenging times. Effective today, FCA will ease the purchase process through the "Drive Forward" initiative, which provides consumers with incentives and our new Online Retail Experience (ORE).

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram Truck, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brands will offer 24/7 support and well-qualified buyers can get 0% financing for 84 months and no payments for 90 days on select 2019 and 2020 models. Additionally, FCA is adding “Chrysler Pacifica Family Pricing” and “Dodge Power Dollars” to the Drive Forward initiative.

ORE is a digital retailing solution that allows customers to complete the entire vehicle purchase process online from the comfort of their own homes. Not only can consumers purchase a vehicle off a dealer lot, they can conduct a vehicle trade-in, apply for credit, receive price and payment estimates and review service protection plan options.

Customers can explore ORE via the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram Truck, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brand websites where they can begin the purchase process, then connect with a local dealer to finalize the sale, saving time in the process. A call center agent is available to help consumers.

FCAQ12020Salesd44dhv1e2fp13g50rpie0pe51g.png

Summary video by FCA.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Would be interested to know if they met worldwide projections given the US sales figures, or were on track to meet the worldwide goal. Also, what the shutdown means for the annual projections. since they didn't have to change the model year this was a two year run with staircase expectations anyway, launch, govt, other countries. will be interested in any shutdown effect on the length of the production run.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Where are you seeing 10-12k off a rubicon?

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
  • Banned
Where are you seeing 10-12k off a rubicon?
Several places around central Kentucky. Chrysler of Lawrenceburg being one of them. They're doing $12,000+ off a Launch Edition too.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Several places around central Kentucky. Chrysler of Lawrenceburg being one of them. They're doing $12,000+ off a Launch Edition too.
I've been seeing a number of Rubicon's in Houston listed in the mid 40's . They don't have them loaded with a lot of stuff other than like premium audio, etc but if you don't want much you could probably negotiate a rubicon into the low 40's

Sponsored

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m happy to say mine is one of those 15,259 sold in Q1.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Not bad. Not my choice in color or options but not bad (if you qualify for all the incentives) also requires a trade which they will low ball you on that to make the sale price to look good.
I’m happy with my 7%off invoice.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Here in North VA the JTs are very discounted as well.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Their target is ~70k per year, so not far off. I'm sure the pandemic will kill that for the year, but it looks like their targets were realistic.

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
No dealership here in Las Vegas want to make a sale and are not budging on price. I know this is crazy to ask but if I can find a dealership willing to get me a JT Rubicon with 84 months 0% AND take $10k off getting me at $46k out the door I’m in. I don’t need fully loaded, but I do want Steel bumper, Aux, leather, front camera and matching fender/top. I’m sure what I’m looking for dosent exists and I’m fine with that. That’s why I still don’t own one.

Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
And then there are folks like me...waiting for the diesel...I would expect there are many like me and I would expect JT sales to then go up...in addition to when the market goes up.

UglyViking

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Sierra 1500 & 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
No dealership here in Las Vegas want to make a sale and are not budging on price. I know this is crazy to ask but if I can find a dealership willing to get me a JT Rubicon with 84 months 0% AND take $10k off getting me at $46k out the door I’m in. I don’t need fully loaded, but I do want Steel bumper, Aux, leather, front camera and matching fender/top. I’m sure what I’m looking for dosent exists and I’m fine with that. That’s why I still don’t own one.
If that is what you're waiting for then I think you'll be waiting forever. I mean, I'd write a check today if they could sell me a Rubicon at 20k but since that's literally never going to happen it's just dreams. I'm still waiting to see if someone can wire up the proximity key for the Sport S, so I can go with that. Otherwise it will have to be rubicon or bust for me. Currently, at least according to the jeep site, there are no initiatives on the rubicon.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
There is fine print listed for that dealer. First and foremost it states you "MUST" finance through them and "MUST" have a trade worth at least $1K, in order to even qualify for what they are calling "all discounts" (subject to expiration).

There is even smaller print explaining the pricing is for informational purposes only.

Bottom line. Don't go in thinking you will automatically be getting these substantial discounts. Probably not going to happen and they are leaving a lot to be desired in what they are showing.

It's all about the details.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I feel the same. Different options list, but similar thinking. Also why I still don't own one, lol!

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
On the pick-up focused sites, commenters like to crow what a sales flop the Gladiator is. It handily outsells the 2door JL.
It beat all the direct Fiat products combined.
It likely outsold the Ranger and matched the Colorado&Canyon, if we looked only at Crew 4x4 numbers.
Sponsored