Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
  • Banned
@Bestop

Is the sunrider for hardtop included in your rebate for the $200 off???

I looked at the models and the model number for the black twill and the only difference I see is a - (ie
5245217 vs 52452-17)

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop

Is the sunrider for hardtop included in your rebate for the $200 off???

I looked at the models and the model number for the black twill and the only difference I see is a - (ie
5245217 vs 52452-17)
It is. The 17 in the above indicates the black twill version ($200 rebate). 35 would be the black diamond vinyl ($100 rebate)

I'm working on a few more updates to our web site today that will present that information on the product pages.

Regardless, the black twill Sunrider for Hardtop is included in the $200 rebate offer this month. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
It is. The 17 in the above indicates the black twill version ($200 rebate). 35 would be the black diamond vinyl ($100 rebate)

I'm working on a few more updates to our web site today that will present that information on the product pages.

Regardless, the black twill Sunrider for Hardtop is included in the $200 rebate offer this month. :like:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Can you still confirm the $200 rebate is good for the black twill sunrider? I checked the website and rebate forms. It seems pretty clear that I only get $100 off the a sunrider. The $200 seems to be for a black twill soft top.
I even looked at the part numbers on each rebate. I don’t see the sunrider part number on the $200 rebate. Only on the $100 one.

@Bestop[/QUOTE]

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Is this a mistake in the rebate forms? I have now seen two different rebate forms. A $200 rebate that included the black twill part number and another $200 rebate that does NOT include the BT part number.

Sponsored

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
Yeah I actually was about to purchase one tonight, until I noticed the rebate had changed from $200 to 100.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
They changed the rebates. Nothing we can do about it.
Except make sure forum members don’t make the mistake of ordering one, assuming they’re getting the $200 rebate. The site just changed yesterday. Before that, it was clear as mud.

Ghostwave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 cj8
@Bestop, what is going on here? I called your customer service and they said that you guys decided to change the deal. This is what I was told. Your website quite frankly was terrible when I first looked at it, but I came away believing this ran to the end of the month, just as your message above notes. I am quite disappointed that your team stated that they would not be honoring what you apparently already committed to.

To my knowledge the twill Sunrider was $200 rebate until end of month.

Please comment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
I bought a Sunrider based on this rebate, they better honor it. I sure wish I would've printed out the rebate form back when I purchased it instead of waiting until I received it (it's now changed.)

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I bought a Sunrider based on this rebate, they better honor it. I sure wish I would've printed out the rebate form back when I purchased it instead of waiting until I received it (it's now changed.)
I believe they go off the date of sale. You should be good. I’d call them to have them send you the original rebate

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
I'll buy one when there is a $200 rebate. I also saw the $200 a few weeks ago. Checked last night to buy it and saw only $100. Canceled my order before it went thru.
I think $400 is a good price for that but was willing to use some money and pay up the $650. These are weird financial times to be spending money anyway, so maybe they did me a favor.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I'll buy one when there is a $200 rebate. I also saw the $200 a few weeks ago. Checked last night to buy it and saw only $100. Canceled my order before it went thru.
I think $400 is a good price for that but was willing to use some money and pay up the $650. These are weird financial times to be spending money anyway, so maybe they did me a favor.
Yea. I was a little put off when they pulled the rebate. Like you, I don’t think the product is worth their retail price. $650 is still asking too much imo. I suppose that’s why I haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. Just can’t see the value there. That being said, they sell a lot of them, so plenty of people do see the value. Just weird that they pull the deal ten days before the end of the month. I just can’t imagine them losing money, or even breaking even, selling them at $650. Even considering overhead.....

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well, I got one...glad I did ..it is a great product...especially in Florida. I will see if I get my $200 or not, I ordered before the switch...however my rebate form was mailed in on the exact date they cut the rebate....so who knows. I will be upset.

That said, I tend to agree they are overpriced....but then again while I have used alot of Bestop products they have always felt overpriced to me. They must have a pretty good profit margin on their stuff. I mean look at the price of the fabric doors w/uppers. Kinda nuts for what they are.

Also, not entirely sure what to think of their reluctance to market new products for JL/JT...like retractable sunshade, Core doors, etc. I guess 10+ years worth of JKs and older keeps them going.
Sponsored