Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not going to be six months. The entire process could take as long as 8 weeks now as opposed to closer to 4 weeks. Don’t forget special orders take priority on the line so they build those first to knock them out, especially when you’re nearing year end model year time.
@Squelch careful how you word that, because that’s coming off like we are all bitching while you would rather have workers be safe. I have not seen a single person complain about not getting their truck because of safety precautions that are slowing things down. There are many people on here who have expressed excitement and can’t wait to get their truck (completely understandable). but no one has complained. Hell even if there are people on here who think it’s blown out of proportion no one would be dumb enough on here to be the one that says they should be back to work or something!
We’ve all said we hope they are safe. I for one applaud them, I couldn’t wear that damn mask that long!
Thanks @RatZer0 i should have noted that point as well.

Also worth nothing, the JL site has posted the last dates for ordering/delivery of the 2020 JL and when 2021 begins. I can’t imagine the gladiator being very far off from these dates. Especially considering the gladiator has already run past 1 year of production. Link below:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/2021-wrangler-dates-order-acceptance-and-start-of-production/
Sponsored

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not going to be six months. The entire process could take as long as 8 weeks now as opposed to closer to 4 weeks. Don’t forget special orders take priority on the line so they build those first to knock them out, especially when you’re nearing year end model year time.
@Squelch careful how you word that, because that’s coming off like we are all bitching while you would rather have workers be safe. I have not seen a single person complain about not getting their truck because of safety precautions that are slowing things down. There are many people on here who have expressed excitement and can’t wait to get their truck (completely understandable). but no one has complained. Hell even if there are people on here who think it’s blown out of proportion no one would be dumb enough on here to be the one that says they should be back to work or something!
We’ve all said we hope they are safe. I for one applaud them, I couldn’t wear that damn mask that long!
I'm basing that on the posts I saw when I first joined where a whole lot of people thought the COVID-19 thing was blown way out of proportion and they didn't understand why they couldn't just live a normal life and buy things and visit stores and all that. Maybe the folks who argued that it was overblown back in March have come around and realize that the few may have to suck it up for the many to survive.

I haven't seen anyone directly saying "get back to work" but I have definitely seen the "I don't want to wait for my truck" posts. It's a small distinction between "I don't want to wait for my truck" and "get back to work". So if anyone takes offense, then I apologize.

Believe me, I've waited for a lot of things in life, and as Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part. But it's not the end of the world.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm basing that on the posts I saw when I first joined where a whole lot of people thought the COVID-19 thing was blown way out of proportion and they didn't understand why they couldn't just live a normal life and buy things and visit stores and all that. Maybe the folks who argued that it was overblown back in March have come around and realize that the few may have to suck it up for the many to survive.

I haven't seen anyone directly saying "get back to work" but I have definitely seen the "I don't want to wait for my truck" posts. It's a small distinction between "I don't want to wait for my truck" and "get back to work". So if anyone takes offense, then I apologize.

Believe me, I've waited for a lot of things in life, and as Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part. But it's not the end of the world.
True that! Just making sure it didn’t come off as if we here and now we’re implying that. Appreciate the clarification!

I’m sure some have come around and some have probably become even more hardened by it.

All I know is I will be bugging Jeep chat every day next week, possibly twice a day if I see movement! One good thing noted in another thread was that Jeep got everything shipped out beforehand. So, that would hopefully mean you’re not waiting for your turn to finally jump on a train/truck. I’m down in FL, I suspect it won’t be hard to fill up a train/truck headed this way! Headed out to Alaska... now that might be a problem lol.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I’m down in FL, I suspect it won’t be hard to fill up a train/truck headed this way!
I am also in Florida, and my dealer says transit takes two weeks. This is reasonable, with what basic knowledge I have of rail transportation.

New vehicles are shipped on unit trains, that is, all the rail cars hold the same commodity, and have the same origin and destination, to save cost.

In our case, the train originates at Toledo and ends at Orlando. Then the vehicles are loaded onto highway transporters to go to the various dealers around the state.

So the two weeks includes sorting production output to load the Orlando-bound train, transit across rail lines, unloading, sorting to go on the transporters. The shortest leg is from Orlando rail yard to your dealer's lot. But if the dealer's order doesn't fill a transporter, the the truck may have to make several stops before it gets to your dealer.

My revised POC says estimated ship date is June 12. So I am looking at June 26, thereabouts, to get my hands on the Gladiator.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I am also in Florida, and my dealer says transit takes two weeks. This is reasonable, with what basic knowledge I have of rail transportation.

New vehicles are shipped on unit trains, that is, all the rail cars hold the same commodity, and have the same origin and destination, to save cost.

In our case, the train originates at Toledo and ends at Orlando. Then the vehicles are loaded onto highway transporters to go to the various dealers around the state.

So the two weeks includes sorting production output to load the Orlando-bound train, transit across rail lines, unloading, sorting to go on the transporters. The shortest leg is from Orlando rail yard to your dealer's lot. But if the dealer's order doesn't fill a transporter, the the truck may have to make several stops before it gets to your dealer.

My revised POC says estimated ship date is June 12. So I am looking at June 26, thereabouts, to get my hands on the Gladiator.
That’s the level of detail I like! I ordered from the Lakeland CDJ dealer, so that’s damn close to Orlando. Which dealer did you order through and how/when did you get that new estimated ship date info? When did you put your special order in?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
That’s the level of detail I like! I ordered from the Lakeland CDJ dealer, so that’s damn close to Orlando. Which dealer did you order through and how/when did you get that new estimated ship date info? When did you put your special order in?
I ordered from Naples CDRJ on March 15. But somehow Jeep did not register the order until March 30. I got the revised POC through my dealer, after Jeep Chat told me there was a new VON. At the top of the revised POC, it says Estimated Shipping Date 6-12-2020.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
RatZer0
:like: I hope you all are good to go, I think the dealership I got mine from has about 17-20 JTs on lot about the same on JL/ JLU and rest of the line up of vehicles.
Over all the US, Canada, Mexico and rest of world are in a rocky situation after this. One of the factors in "The Great Depression" was the "Spanish Flu" (named that due to they was first reported location not the starting point)

Sponsored

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
I ordered on March 12 and my VIN was in there on the 13th. If you look at open orders, there are some from May 2020, so not sure why yours isn’t showing.

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
The window sticker isn’t available until it has shipped. That is what the tracker is going to tell you. It’s not like the old VOTS system where you could see all of the status updates yourself.
Sponsored