OP
OP
Aberk

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
That’s the tie rod, not the drag link. You should not have turned that one. Now your toe is WAY off. The drag link is the rod which runs from your steering box to the passenger side knuckle.
Yeah that makes A LOT more sense how it was handling and the sound of the tire rubbing the road driving down the street in my neighborhood.

I should have paid closer attention to the video I watched.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sorry I did not see this yesterday! Everything should be good now after adjusting the drag link and re-adjusting your tie rod, but let us know or even feel free to give us a call if you need any further assistance, we're always available to talk by email or phone! (203) 691 8593 :)

OP
OP
Aberk

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I did not see this yesterday! Everything should be good now after adjusting the drag link and re-adjusting your tie rod, but let us know or even feel free to give us a call if you need any further assistance, we're always available to talk by email or phone! (203) 691 8593 :)
Thanks!

I just went out and made those changes and everything seems to be good now.

Off to the alignment shop!

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks!

I just went out and made those changes and everything seems to be good now.

Off to the alignment shop!
Awesome! Glad to hear, lets see some pictures of the Jeep when you get back :like:

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
wow...thanks

I was adjusting the tie rod, not the drag link...ugggggg:facepalm:
Haha, I was going to say that pic is of the tie rod! At least you figured it out and can get it all adjusted along with an alignment now.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Back from the tire shop!

Jeep Gladiator Installed Clayton 3.5" and my steering wheel is so far off center 20200729_164756
That is an excellent stance. 37's?

I only have probably 50 or 60 miles on mine since I got it back with the Clayton lift installed, but I couldnt be happier so far.

Mine is the 2.5" with 35's (for now)
Jeep Gladiator Installed Clayton 3.5" and my steering wheel is so far off center IMG_0735

OP
OP
Aberk

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I only have probably 50 or 60 miles on mine since I got it back with the Clayton lift installed, but I couldnt be happier so far.

Jeep Gladiator Installed Clayton 3.5" and my steering wheel is so far off center IMG_0735
Yes, 37 12.5

Sponsored

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Looks great! Can't wait until I install mine.

Kind of glad I'm at work for a few more weeks, damned fedex has damaged one of my boxes and says its undeliverable. Waiting to hear back from Clayton.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks great! Can't wait until I install mine.

Kind of glad I'm at work for a few more weeks, damned fedex has damaged one of my boxes and says its undeliverable. Waiting to hear back from Clayton.
Damn Fedex man! Just talked to Adam to see what was up with that one, he said our rep is actively looking into it and if we don't get good news back we'll get you a new set out!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Looks great!!

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Damn Fedex man! Just talked to Adam to see what was up with that one, he said our rep is actively looking into it and if we don't get good news back we'll get you a new set out!
Yea, Adams been great. One box arrived today with control arm sticking out of it. I just emailed a screenshot from my RING to Adam. Starting to hate Fedex. UPS used to be the worse one but they mustve hired the guys who UPS fired.
Sponsored