Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Well this is enough to keep me from spending a grand today
You just need to buy the correct model from the right seller. I suggest Infotainment.com. They will preload the VIN and assure correct fitment. The also have a very good customer service line for any issues.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
You just need to buy the correct model from the right seller. I suggest Infotainment.com. They will preload the VIN and assure correct fitment. The also have a very good customer service line for any issues.
I am not paying 1600 for a refurbished product...

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I won't touch anything electrical on todays vehicles. Seems like so many crazy things happen.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t.
Thats what infotainment sells so if you bought there you did.

INTRODUCTION
  • Our reconditioned factory OEM radios feature a 90-day guarantee and a hassle-free return policy. Extended warranties are also available!

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats what infotainment sells so if you bought there you did.

INTRODUCTION
  • Our reconditioned factory OEM radios feature a 90-day guarantee and a hassle-free return policy. Extended warranties are also available!
I caught it on sale, got another additional military discount and another discount for their shipping screw up. They also added the one year warranty. Total cost was just over $1000. I advertised my 7 inch here and sold in less than 1 hour for $500 so came out of the deal for about $500 out of pocket. Could not be happier or more satisfied. Great upgrade with the larger rear camera view, NAV and additional features. I do need to upgrade my speakers, do you have any actual experience with doing that?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I caught it on sale, got another additional military discount and another discount for their shipping screw up. They also added the one year warranty. Total cost was just over $1000. I advertised my 7 inch here and sold in less than 1 hour for $500 so came out of the deal for about $500 out of pocket. Could not be happier or more satisfied. Great upgrade with the larger rear camera view, NAV and additional features. I do need to upgrade my speakers, do you have any actual experience with doing that?
I did the alpine speaker upgrade kit (tweeters in the dash, amp & sub under the passenger seat) so I am not worried about any of that. Honestly the only thing I want the bigger screen for is Apple CarPlay as its about 99% of my usage. The 7" leaves borders around carplay where as the 8.4 does not.. So its a huge increase in screen real estate.

Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ditto, I really like the larger screen and extended views. The car play is an excellent very popular feature. I am still figuring out all the different uses for it. Colors seem to have higher resolution with brighter and sharper screen on the 8.4 compared to the smaller screens.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
If you can make this work, please let us know. I want this so bad. If I would have known what I was missing, I would have ordered the big screen but didn't at the time.

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
Have you watched the youtube videos doing the swap? I haven't watched in a little while, but it looks like you are missing a connection. Did you have the 5" or 7" that you replaced. The Nav Compass and Sirius come from the sat antennae. If you old head unit did not have Sat Radio, you need to install an antennae. Without that, the compass and nav won't ever work.

If I missed something, disregard my post. Also, they said in the video that all of the connectors are different and can't connect in the wrong place. And they did mention that the colors are different.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Just installed the 8.4” to replace the 7”. No issues at all, once installed I did give it 30 mins with truck turned off, doors closed and no key fob inside for it to activate properly. Working perfect and I love it!
Sponsored