Sponsored

Just wanted to say Hi and say how excited we are to be a part of this group!

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have.
And yes we are in the final stages of becoming the "official Jeep Supercharger" We are waiting on FCA to open back up.
Our kits are 50 state legal and include a 3yr 36k powertrain warranty.
We also include everything down to sparkplugs to get you up and running!
Also included is a Mishimoto Catch Can with each supercharger kit.
Thanks
PK
#superchargetheworld #stopwhining
Jeep Gladiator Just wanted to say Hi and say how excited we are to be a part of this group! gladiator
Sponsored

Last edited:

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
And yes we are in the final stages of becoming the "official Jeep Supercharger" We are waiting on FCA to open back up.
Thanks
PK
Jeep Gladiator Just wanted to say Hi and say how excited we are to be a part of this group! gladiator
I saw bubba's video from exodus jeeps, very exciting if you guys can get Jeep to endorse your supercharger kit. I was wondering though what have you guys been able to show in regards to 0-60 times compared to non-supercharged Jeep gladiators with a direct comparison weight for weight.
Thank you!

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
I saw bubba's video from exodus jeeps, very exciting if you guys can get Jeep to endorse your supercharger kit. I was wondering though what have you guys been able to show in regards to 0-60 times compared to non-supercharged Jeep gladiators with a direct comparison weight for weight.
Thank you!
We will definitely get some zero to sixty pulls in the future or most likely take our Gladiator to the track once we are off lockdown. We are in NJ so who knows when the craziness will end.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks
PK

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey, looking forward to this kit. Would love some numbers on dyno pulls. Also it looks like you preserve the factory air box, so I am assuming you can run a snorkel with it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Hey, looking forward to this kit. Would love some numbers on dyno pulls. Also it looks like you preserve the factory air box, so I am assuming you can run a snorkel with it?
jldynoVSstock.jpg

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
You would have to seal off the box to run a snorkel. We are having a a formed production piece made that will be added and available in the next few months.

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Oh boy this is fun :)

helical SC I’m guessing based on the #stopwhining hashtag?

What price range are you guys looking at? And do you anticipate that going down at all with some economies of scale if you become Jeep’s official SC?

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Oh boy this is fun :)

helical SC I’m guessing based on the #stopwhining hashtag?

What price range are you guys looking at? And do you anticipate that going down at all with some economies of scale if you become Jeep’s official SC?
It's a planetary drive setup that gears have no teeth. It uses a non-Newtonian traction fluid so there is little to no whining.
Kit retails for $6495. If and when picked up by Jeep it would be a Mopar part # and would most likely cost a little more.
I hope this answers your questions.

rotary_drive_system.png

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
It's a planetary drive setup that gears have no teeth. It uses a non-Newtonian traction fluid so there is little to no whining.
Kit retails for $6495. If and when picked up by Jeep it would be a Mopar part # and would most likely cost a little more.
I hope this answers your questions.

rotary_drive_system.png

Interesting. I was not super familiar with planetary drives. I watched this engineering video to get a basic understanding - very interesting.

I assume the gearless technology is readily available or you have it patented? If that is the case, do you mind to explain how it works with no teeth? Fascinated to hear how the non-Newtonian fluid replaces the teeth and how the fluid stays exactly where it needs to be for uniform traction!

There are some obvious pros/ cons I can think of versus other SC types but any non-obvious ones you can share?

Sponsored

OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Interesting. I was not super familiar with planetary drives. I watched this engineering video to get a basic understanding - very interesting.

I assume the gearless technology is readily available or you have it patented? If that is the case, do you mind to explain how it works with no teeth? Fascinated to hear how the non-Newtonian fluid replaces the teeth and how the fluid stays exactly where it needs to be for uniform traction!

There are some obvious pros/ cons I can think of versus other SC types but any non-obvious ones you can share?
Jeep Gladiator Just wanted to say Hi and say how excited we are to be a part of this group! Cutaway2

Traction fluid creates the friction and make the "teeth"

Pros
1/2 the size of any other charger.
Very efficient and only have to change fluid every 24k miles.
Spins 90k rpm vs competitors 40-50k rpm which allows to be 1/2 the size and flow the same CFM.
comparison.jpg

Part throttle boost that allows you to accelerate out into traffic with 1-2 lbs of boost.
Drives the most like stock and does not come on like a switch which is less "shock" on drivetrain. Which also makes it great for towing.
Summer and desert temps. Which of the 3 would you think are going to hold more heat in high temps?
I can leave our Jeep running for 8+ hours day at events without getting hot or overheating.
We also have people in Dubai running the kits in 125 degree temps and they literally beat on their Jeep and are WOT 99% of the time. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
itsdapk

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
as for the how... I'm not an engineer, but this is explained on our site.
The OEM-style superchargers we offer use a state-of-the-art fluid traction drive system to drive the impeller, rather than the traditional gear drive system aftermarket companies use.
This allows the superchargers we offer to spin higher (impeller speeds up to 90,000 rpm vs. aftermarket units @ 60,000 rpm), along with virtually no noise or “gear whine” that is typical of other superchargers. This Traction Drive System transmits power through the friction created between its planetary rollers and a unique hydraulic fluid, rather than through the gear drives aftermarket companies use. To ensure optimum performance, we use a unique traction fluid in the system that is designed to increase viscosity under high surface pressures.
This fluid gives the rollers additional “grip” and prevents slippage by increasing the friction between the planetary rollers, while also cooling and protecting the system. This traction drive system combined with the latest technology in centrifugal compression provides greater efficiency and lower noise, giving the superchargers we offer much higher efficiency compared to aftermarket centrifugal or positive displacement superchargers, along with very quiet operation.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Very interesting.

I never knew of non Newtonian fluids. Learn something new every day!
please let us know as soon as Mopar agrees to take this on as that would remove any remaining hesitation on my part.

Cyber.Rider

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Digital Forensics
This looks awesome. Really hope yall get MOPAR support so these can be dealer installed and covered under those warranty's as well.
Sponsored