Sponsored

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
Bang for the buck, It's really hard to not go Max Tow Sport S. I keep trying to talk myself up to a Mojave... but a solid $5k difference is hard for me to justify, whether I can afford it or not.
Too bad the Sport S doesn’t have the LED lights or it would be my choice.
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Too bad the Sport S doesn’t have the LED lights or it would be my choice.
It looks fairly trivial to add it later... $700 for the headlights, not sure about ytail lights or fenders, but I figure I can do those later. Part of the fun of a Wrangler/Gladiator is the DIY stuff for me. That being said, hopefully they bring it to the Sport S some time this year if not next model year. I ordered mine with pretty much everything I’d want from the Rubicon/Mojave without the stuff i wouldn’t use.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
For Sport S, LED Tail lights are part of the Jeep Active Safety Group - $995
  • Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection
  • LED Tail Lamps
  • ParkSense® Rear Park-Assist System
Interesting as though I don't the option to add LED headlights any longer...they used to be a $1500 option. Anyone know if they are no longer available to add as an option?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
For Sport S, LED Tail lights are part of the Jeep Active Safety Group - $995
  • Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection
  • LED Tail Lamps
  • ParkSense® Rear Park-Assist System
Interesting as though I don't the option to add LED headlights any longer...they used to be a $1500 option. Anyone know if they are no longer available to add as an option?
LED Headlights have never been an option on the Sport/Sport S Gladiator. They added them to the Sport S Wrangler in the 2nd year of production... so many are speculating that it might be coming for the Sport S Gladiator. There isn't an updated order sheet for 2021 Sport S yet .

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
I honestly don’t understand the obsession with LED headlights, sure they are better but are they really so much better you cant live without them? I have LEDs on one of my harleys and HIDs on the wife’s car and I don’t even notice that my Jeep just has plain old halogens When I get in and drive it. I feel like it’s is a 9mm vs .40SW argument they both work fine but one may be a little bit better sometimes when the conditions are just right. I seem to rember people complaining in the winter about how LEDs won’t melt snow off themselves which seems problematic.

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
hopefully between the Tacoma getting LEDs on most trims, and the Bronco having them on every trim, they can just become standard. I'd be OK with a more economical unit, like the Bronco has, rather than the LED projectors.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I honestly don’t understand the obsession with LED headlights, sure they are better but are they really so much better you cant live without them? I have LEDs on one of my harleys and HIDs on the wife’s car and I don’t even notice that my Jeep just has plain old halogens When I get in and drive it. I feel like it’s is a 9mm vs .40SW argument they both work fine but one may be a little bit better sometimes when the conditions are just right. I seem to rember people complaining in the winter about how LEDs won’t melt snow off themselves which seems problematic.
I suppose the whiter quality of the light has something to do with it. I got LED tailaights by default when I got the Active Safety Group. But I would not pay the $1000 FCA wanted for the LED headlights. Anyway, I am putting on some aftermarket driving lights which are halogen, so I wanted halogen headlights to match.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
I come from an FJ Cruiser that had halogens. My Rubicon has LEDs. Night and day difference to me. I will never go back, especially when I’m paying >$45k! BTW, I’ve been through two New England winters with the LEDs and no complaints.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Yes! We are (in)famous ........again. I wonder how many more special editions we are able to create.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Yes! We are (in)famous ........again. I wonder how many more special editions we are able to create.
So, I literally had the order quote for a Willys in my hand... so we didn't fabricate that, it exists.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well we don't have an Aug order guide yet and it doesn't exist in the Jul one so how, and what happened with your quote?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Well we don't have an Aug order guide yet and it doesn't exist in the Jul one so how, and what happened with your quote?
Based on the features, and lack of Max Tow... I just ordered the original Sport S I had been planning anyway.

I updated my spreadsheet with what I learned from that process though... so you can check out what ordering a Willys/Willys Sport would look like. I call out the differences now too.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, how, if it is not showing in the order guide or web?
Sponsored