Sponsored

Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Thanks for the order! We are pretty buried right now. 4-6 weeks is the estimate on bumpers.
Just hit 4.5 weeks. Really hoping I’m on the back end of this wait. It’s killing me!
Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
The weight isn't the problem. Have to make sure it clears the taillights and stuff with the mounting options on the dual swings.
Weight is a very big concern for me. Aluminum in the future?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Weight is a very big concern for me. Aluminum in the future?
Not worth it on a rear bumper IMO because you typically have to retain the factory hitch and steel is far more durable for a truck with such a poor departure. The factory hitch is heavy so this bumper is only adding minimal weight to the truck compared to options that retain the hitch and add 80 net pounds of bumper.

If this adds 50lbs to a Rubicon with a tow package and steel rear bumper, I'd be surprised.

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Has anyone received their bumper yet? I haven’t seen a single post anywhere about it

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
Will be installing it on my uncle's JT this weekend!

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
So started the install. Removed bumper, the wiring, the rear camera. Went to bolt on the side part onto the new bumper, then realized they didn't ship us any bolts! :angry::angry::angry:

So now gotta keep all the parts in the garage and wait till Monday when I can contact JCR for the bolts

FirecrackerJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Maxtow
Mine is received and installed. Looks good. Pics below. Install was relatively easy. Took me about 6 hours doing it solo with a jack. My Two buddies that would normally help me are (1) working in the United Arab Emirates and (2)just had a new baby. Would have been much faster, probably three and a half hours, with a helper. Initial thoughts: (1) looks great, very solid and I’m happy with it overall; (2) the hole on the right side to install the spindle is barely big enough to fit the required socket and, in my case, was off by a few millimeters and therefore it was almost impossible to tighten. There is no way to get a wrench in there so if you can’t get a socket in you’re SOL. On first day I simply couldn’t get it installed. I emailed JCR the next day and they weren’t really helpful. They sent me a picture of another bumper in the warehouse with a socket inserted. That was irrelevant because I never said the socket wouldn’t fit; instead, the problem was that it didn’t line up with the spindle and because there was no tolerance, I couldn’t angle the the socket and get a grip on the bolt. Next night I dug into my toolbox and found another socket with slightly narrower metal and was just barely able to angle it and get enough grip (with multiple slips) to get enough grip to tighten. I suggested to JCR that they increase to size of the hole for the socket to give a bit more tolerance but they said they can’t for structural reasons. Unfortunately, I expect this means that others will have a similar issue going forward. (3) the flip up license plate holder on mine would not flip up far enough to allow for towing. Again, JCR was not really helpful, just saying that in their case it worked. Guys—I’m not making the issue up. Anyway, I think I can fix by doing some simple fab to make some spacers—going to do that this wkend. (4) side “wings” do not line exactly. Here, JCR was great. I actually didn’t even bring this issue up (had bigger problems when I called) but they brought up themselves that it is a known issue and they’re sending me new wings. (5) license plate light they sent was dead on arrival but they said they will send a new one.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. rwMiVGO

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. DfnwYt6
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. hoD4Yql

Last edited:

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
Mine is received and installed. Looks good. Pics below. Install was relatively easy. Took me about 6 hours doing it solo with a jack. My Two buddies that would normally help me are (1) working in the United Arab Emirates and (2)just had a new baby. Would have been much faster, probably three and a half hours, with a helper. Initial thoughts: (1) looks great, very solid and I’m happy with it overall; (2) the hole on the right side to install the spindle is barely big enough to fit the required socket and, in my case, was off by a few millimeters and therefore it was almost possible to tighten. There is no way to get a wrench in there so if you can’t get a socket in you’re SOL. On first day I simply couldn’t get it installed. I emailed JCR the next day and they weren’t really helpful. They sent me a picture of another bumper in the warehouse with a socket inserted. That was irrelevant because I never said the socket wouldn’t fit; instead, the problem was that it didn’t line up with the spindle and because there was no tolerance, I couldn’t angle the the socket and get a grip on the bolt. Next night I dug into my toolbox and found another socket with slightly narrower metal and was just barely able to angle it and get enough grip (with multiple slips) to get enough grip to tighten. I suggested to JCR that they increase to size of the hole for the socket to give a bit more tolerance but they said they can’t for structural reasons. Unfortunately, I expect this means that others will have a similar issue going forward. (3) the flip up license plate holder on mine would not flip up far enough to allow for towing. Again, JCR was not really helpful, just saying that in their case it worked. Guys—I’m not making the issue up. Anyway, I think I can fix by doing some simple fab to make some spacers—going to do that this wkend. (4) side “wings” do not line exactly. Here, JCR was great. I actually didn’t even bring this issue up (had bigger problems when I called) but they brought up themselves that it is a known issue and they’re sending me new wings. (5) license plate light they sent was dead on arrival but they said they will send a new one.

Looks good! Thanks for the insight on the install, we'll be looking out for those.

In the meantime...where are my bolts?!? Also, on the bottom of the swing out carrier, where it connects to the spindle...ours has two spots where it is chipped. Will message JCR and see what they say about it.

20200905_152516.jpg

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
So started the install. Removed bumper, the wiring, the rear camera. Went to bolt on the side part onto the new bumper, then realized they didn't ship us any bolts! :angry::angry::angry:

So now gotta keep all the parts in the garage and wait till Monday when I can contact JCR for the bolts
Just talked to CS, bolts are on the way! Sorry about the hassle, not sure if they got lost in shipment or what.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
Mine is received and installed. Looks good. Pics below. Install was relatively easy. Took me about 6 hours doing it solo with a jack. My Two buddies that would normally help me are (1) working in the United Arab Emirates and (2)just had a new baby. Would have been much faster, probably three and a half hours, with a helper. Initial thoughts: (1) looks great, very solid and I’m happy with it overall; (2) the hole on the right side to install the spindle is barely big enough to fit the required socket and, in my case, was off by a few millimeters and therefore it was almost impossible to tighten. There is no way to get a wrench in there so if you can’t get a socket in you’re SOL. On first day I simply couldn’t get it installed. I emailed JCR the next day and they weren’t really helpful. They sent me a picture of another bumper in the warehouse with a socket inserted. That was irrelevant because I never said the socket wouldn’t fit; instead, the problem was that it didn’t line up with the spindle and because there was no tolerance, I couldn’t angle the the socket and get a grip on the bolt. Next night I dug into my toolbox and found another socket with slightly narrower metal and was just barely able to angle it and get enough grip (with multiple slips) to get enough grip to tighten. I suggested to JCR that they increase to size of the hole for the socket to give a bit more tolerance but they said they can’t for structural reasons. Unfortunately, I expect this means that others will have a similar issue going forward. (3) the flip up license plate holder on mine would not flip up far enough to allow for towing. Again, JCR was not really helpful, just saying that in their case it worked. Guys—I’m not making the issue up. Anyway, I think I can fix by doing some simple fab to make some spacers—going to do that this wkend. (4) side “wings” do not line exactly. Here, JCR was great. I actually didn’t even bring this issue up (had bigger problems when I called) but they brought up themselves that it is a known issue and they’re sending me new wings. (5) license plate light they sent was dead on arrival but they said they will send a new one.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. 20200905_152516

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. 20200905_152516
Looks like you didn't opt for the rear camera extension?

I did and it doesn't work. The cable doesn't match and the brackets to hold the camera itself doesn't fit the camera

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Id buy for sure. I really like the look of the spare on the back of the JT's vs underneath the bed.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Looks like you didn't opt for the rear camera extension?

I did and it doesn't work. The cable doesn't match and the brackets to hold the camera itself doesn't fit the camera
I think our team is working with you on this already, but please reach out to [email protected] if they are not. Looks like there is a second backup camera option that we weren't aware of, we will certainly get you taken care of, sorry for the hassles! :like:

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
I think our team is working with you on this already, but please reach out to [email protected] if they are not. Looks like there is a second backup camera option that we weren't aware of, we will certainly get you taken care of, sorry for the hassles! :like:
Yep working with them right now.

Got to say, so far their customer service has been good so far and Mitchell over there has been really helpful.

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Yep working with them right now.

Got to say, so far their customer service has been good so far and Mitchell over there has been really helpful.
Mitchell is awesome. I ran into some issues with my install as well, and he was quick to reply and get me the parts I needed. I’m very happy with their customer service
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.