Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
First off... NOPE! Not going anywhere near that ridge. I don't like even the smallest drop offs.

Second off... anything like this I would not have the freedom panels off. A lot of rollover deaths come from being ejected and the Jeep rolling over the passenger. I want to have windows up outside hearing a spotter and panels on.
Sponsored

wyodirt

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
if you think the freedom panel is going to save your life, or even prevent you from being ejected you are mistaking. It is your seatbelt that keeps you in a vehicle during a rollover.

OP
OP
Logan94605

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
if you think the freedom panel is going to save your life, or even prevent you from being ejected you are mistaking. It is your seatbelt that keeps you in a vehicle during a rollover.
Agreed! My close friends rented a JK (first time) for a road trip a couple months ago and rolled it on the highway. They survived but got pretty beat up.... Their comment was that their seatbelts kept them in place, but they got beat up by all the panels flying off the vehicle as they rolled.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
You should NOT underestimate the value of the Freedom Panels in saving head, arms and body parts from serious injury

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Okay - its cool that the community came together and rescued this Jeep. They look like they could use a little more training - but its a great effort. However, its a problem that the driver tried to drive this trail. Its these kind of stories that get a lot of publicity, and lead to ORV restrictions. Regardless of whether or not this event leads to future restrictions, driving on this trail also represents a major violation of the "tread lightly" ethic.

OP
OP
Logan94605

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Okay - its cool that the community came together and rescued this Jeep. They look like they could use a little more training - but its a great effort. However, its a problem that the driver tried to drive this trail. Its these kind of stories that get a lot of publicity, and lead to ORV restrictions. Regardless of whether or not this event leads to future restrictions, driving on this trail also represents a major violation of the "tread lightly" ethic.
Agreed! The original intent was meant to show how a bonehead went above and beyond their limits and the limits of the terrain. I think the recovery group aligned with the driver or not did a stellar job of pulling their sorry ass out of an otherwise unrecoverable situation.
Sponsored