Sport s max tow locker questions

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk polar edition
I just purchased a sport S max tow package with trac lok rear limited slip. Saying that I want lockers. Should I put a locker in front and rear or just locker in the front and leave the trak lok in the rear Axle?
‘Does ARB make a locker for the max tow axles?
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I would agree with most that lockers front and rear would be best, but what are you planning to do? Rock crawl, mud sling, cross rivers?

My trac lok has served me well mud slinging, but definitely get a good set of mt's put on. Those dwellers are OK in general, but will eventually leave you stranded.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
My JKU was a heavy pig, about 6000 pounds with all the armor on it. I only installed an ARB front locker and then a Eaton TruTrac LSD in the rear. I had a variety of terrain I wanted to tackle including dealing with snow and doing some snow wheeling in the winter in the Blue Ridge Mountains. A rear LSD is better for snow situations over a locker. Considering where you are located, if your rig is not going to spend a lot of time rock crawling I would personally keep the LSD, at least for a full set of seasons and see how it works for you.

Personally, I would also wait a bit to add a front locker and determine whether you really need it. Again, if you aren’t rock crawling you are unlikely to really need it.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Damn I read the thread title and thought there were options (as in plural) for lockers available now.. But nope just arb

OP
OP

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk polar edition
I’m from Cleveland. So snow can be an issue. I’m in no hurry. I don’t know exactly what I’m gonna do with the gladiator just yet. Looking at mild offroading to occasional trip every few years to Moab. I had a 14 jk that I turned into a rock krawler. I’m not gonna best my gladiator up that bad. I figured that throwing a front locker in couldn’t hurt and leave the rear alone. I also had a 19 JL Rubicon I sold to get the gladiator.

Sponsored

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
I also have a Sport S w/ Max Tow. Two things Ive been trying to determine: 1. Does the max tow package automatically come w/ the rear Trac-lok? 2. Are both front and rear axles 4-10 geared? Thanks for any help.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
1. Depends on the build date, after around May max tow came with Trac lock rear as part of package.
2. Yes, 4.10 front and rear

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
So. How do you know if you have Trac Lock? Where would it state it in the Monroney sticker?
My Gladiator was purchased on 7/1 as soon as it arrived on dealer lot.
No, it does not state Trac Lock anywhere. I do have Max Tow.

1. Depends on the build date, after around May max tow came with Trac lock rear as part of package.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was built on 7/20, trac lock was listed on the sticker under the max tow package.

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Trac lock was an option in 2020. It's standard in 2021 as part of the max tow package.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is a 2020, trac lock is part of the max tow package.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
So. How do you know if you have Trac Lock? Where would it state it in the Monroney sticker?
My Gladiator was purchased on 7/1 as soon as it arrived on dealer lot.
No, it does not state Trac Lock anywhere. I do have Max Tow.
If it doesn’t state it then you are unlucky like me.. no lsd on my max tow either

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
My build date was 11-19 and I didn’t recall Trac Lok being listed as part of the max tow package and now I see on the jeep web site it’s included which was the reason for my Q. Good to know they’re both 4:10... Thanks Mac!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Trac-Loc became standard with Max-Tow around Jan. / Feb. 2020 on order dates with a slightly higher charge for Max-Tow option. But could be in some prior as a option at some times maybe?? But it can change with FCA. It was one of reasons I planned on ordering but broke down and ended up with a dealership swap with out it.
Sponsored