Trail Recon Gladiator

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well looks like sometimes next year someone will be able to buy the Gladiator from the guy on Trail Recon. It appears from one of his latest episodes he mentioned he was likely going to sell his gladiator as he has his name on the list for a Bronco and he just bought a new Eco Diesel Jeep Wrangler. Wonder if he is gonna sell it with any of the goodies he had put on it although I know he has stripped a lot of that stuff off recently. But its still lifted and regeared.
Sponsored

MntMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Well Brad is just about as a sellout as they come. Good for him for making tons off youtube, but I hate his goodygoody attitude. He has no grit.

Reactions: DrJ

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Well Brad is just about as a sellout as they come. Good for him for making tons off youtube, but I hate his goodygoody attitude. He has no grit.
So he probably rides trails, camps, sees far away places, gets free stuff, makes some money, and does not have a shitty day job like I do.

And all he needs to do is have random people call him a sell out and say he has no grit?

Where do I sign up?

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
why not get trade it in for a diesel gladiator? all the traveling he does, it would make more sense to have the bed.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Also not sure he deserves the hate. He “reviews” a couple things like a RTT or two but doesn’t really sell it, just goes over the features.
I think he’s one of the most objective YouTube people out there. Almost every other big Jeep YT channel is a total sellout compared to him. There are only a few that rely on honest content and views compared to free stuff and hype.
I think the bigger picture is, don’t believe what you hear on YouTube:CWL:

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
why not get trade it in for a diesel gladiator? all the traveling he does, it would make more sense to have the bed.
I watch his channel.. he said he has always loved the (shorter) wrangler compared to his gladiator, but I agree I’d take a truck over the JLURD

Reactions: BAT

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
Going from a Gladiator to a Bronco... not sure I can think of a bigger downgrade
I wouldn’t say downgrade, the Bronco is pretty awesome as well, I have the Gladiator and am also getting a bronco once it comes out.... best of both worlds.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Well I personally like Brad. And let’s be real here. Almost every channel I subscribe to on YouTube have there name on a Bronco and bet your ass that as soon as those things hit the streets there will be a fair share of posters here that are going to jump ship as well. Shit I d love to add one to my garage as well.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Well I personally like Brad. And let’s be real here. Almost every channel I subscribe to on YouTube have there name on a Bronco and bet your ass that as soon as those things hit the streets there will be a fair share of posters here that are going to jump ship as well. Shit I d love to add one to my garage as well.
Agree on all counts. I like Brad and his videos.

I also think the new Bronco is going to be a great, capable SUV and strong competitor for the Wrangler. However, after the Bronco is finally released, you'll see wall-to-wall 200% saturation of Bronco YouTube videos as everyone tries to grab eyeballs and cash in on the newest shiny thing:
"10 things I love about my new Bronco!"
"10 things I HATE about my new Bronco!'
"First ever oil change on my new Bronco!"
"First ever car wash of my new Bronco!"
"Is the new Bronco REALLY the best thing since sliced bread? Watch me yap about it and find out!"
"Watch this video BEFORE you buy the new Bronco!"
"HOW much did I pay for my new Bronco????"
"My first off-road trip in my new Bronco!"
"My first ride to the Mall in my new Bronco!"
ad nauseam...

To be fair, the exact same crazy explosion of worthless, self-aggrandizing videos from YT hucksters happened with the Gladiator when it came out, and the new C8 Corvette.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

To be fair, the exact same crazy explosion of worthless, self-aggrandizing videos from YT hucksters happened with the Gladiator when it came out, and the new C8 Corvette.
We're becoming a society of lemmings, looking for satisfaction in others opinions.

2010JK

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport
I wouldn’t say downgrade, the Bronco is pretty awesome as well, I have the Gladiator and am also getting a bronco once it comes out.... best of both worlds.
The best of both worlds is a Wrangler and Gladiator, not some crummy ford

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Been a subscriber to Trail Recon on Youtube for quite some time. Like the Lite Brite channel, his was relatable in the early days when he was actually paying out of pocket for his own builds. So everything was a work in progress. Now, it is just plain commercialization and everything to the max out the gate when a new vehicle comes to the stable and vendors throwing things at him.

I do not begrudge him his success, but his videos more times than not nowadays have very little appeal to me.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He just bought a new Diesel Wrangler he is modding out. He said the Wrangler works better for him for what he does.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been a subscriber to Trail Recon on Youtube for quite some time. Like the Lite Brite channel, his was relatable in the early days when he was actually paying out of pocket for his own builds. So everything was a work in progress. Now, it is just plain commercialization and everything to the max out the gate when a new vehicle comes to the stable and vendors throwing things at him.

I do not begrudge him his success, but his videos more times than not nowadays have very little appeal to me.
I watch as I like to see the places they go more so than all the builds. I just figure with most of these folks the constant vehicle changes, etc is for content. I have some friends who are heavy into Kayak Fishing and produce You tube channels and man its crazy. One was telling me that he has to fish regardless if he wants to or not in the rain, doesn't matter he has to come up with so much content to keep his level up which gets him his money or something like that. If he drops off he loses big time. Takes a lot of fishing, etc to edit up enough time to keep pumping out the shows
Sponsored