Sponsored

6.4L V8 Hemi (392) possibly "real world" testing for future Gladiator model

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
The 6.4 is marketed to the slim market with deep pockets. Not made for the masses that could afford a $2K 5.7 Hemi bump. If they offered an affordable 5.7 option then 3.6 sales would go down to probably less than half of overall sales. Having the vehicle lines C.A.F.E. standards to take a huge hit. They don't want that. Especially with the Green New Deal looming.
What's with the logic and the facts so early in the morning ;)
Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
What if you want both in one vehicle?
He's saying you can't with the JT but he can supercharge his JT, for more power. Which is what we want as well as that V8 sound. But its not reasonable. But supercharging is reasonable. Paying $8-10k for a 392 isn't reasonable, but $7-8k for supercharging is reasonable. Wait, now Im confused......................

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
He's saying you can't with the JT but he can supercharge his JT, for more power. Which is what we want as well as that V8 sound. But its not reasonable. But supercharging is reasonable. Paying $8-10k for a 392 isn't reasonable, but $7-8k for supercharging is reasonable. Wait, now Im confused......................
Spin it however you need to feel better.

I supercharged mine to essentially make up for and have stock like power after the 37's and all the weight from gear.

As for the money - it has little to do with the cost of the Wrangler with the 392.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I bet they sell 5000 or Take orders at least before the first bronco is on a dealership lot
I am thinking they will have limited production runs. I haven't seen or heard anything - just my initial thought. Has anyone heard?

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spin it however you need to feel better.

I supercharged mine to essentially make up for and have stock like power after the 37's and all the weight from gear.

As for the money - it has little to do with the cost of the Wrangler with the 392.
I don't need to spin or make myself feel better. Im not buying a 392 Wrangler. But you went off by saying we want a JT to drive and handle like a sports car which is not even remotely close to what anyone, including myself, has referred to. Our inner child wants a V8 Gladiator, pure and simple. Just like you have your reasons for supercharging we have our reasons for wanting a V8. Doesn't make either of us wrong. Its very ironic you think what we want is ridiculous but supercharging an NA motor and losing your warranty, isn't? It essentially the same thing, more power. Which you paid a premium for, probably need to run premium fuel AND have zero warranty left...

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I don't need to spin or make myself feel better. Im not buying a 392 Wrangler. But you went off by saying we want a JT to drive and handle like a sports car which is not even remotely close to what anyone, including myself, has referred to. Our inner child wants a V8 Gladiator, pure and simple. Just like you have your reasons for supercharging we have our reasons for wanting a V8. Doesn't make either of us wrong. Its very ironic you think what we want is ridiculous but supercharging an NA motor and losing your warranty, isn't? It essentially the same thing, more power. Which you paid a premium for, probably need to run premium fuel AND have zero warranty left...
If youd like to reach out via PM and hash this out, I would be pleased to. You are spinning it to make yourself feel better or to create a disagreement in a forum for opinions. No one said it was "wrong". Its stupid.

I have a full 3 year 36k mile warranty. Thanks for your concern :)!

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If youd like to reach out via PM and hash this out, I would be pleased to. You are spinning it to make yourself feel better or to create a disagreement in a forum for opinions. No one said it was "wrong". Its stupid.

I have a full 3 year 36k mile warranty. Thanks for your concern :)!
Im good. Again, I don't need to make myself feel better. Stupid is supercharging a high compression engine to get more power then saying a V8, that has more power in that same chassis, is a worse idea. There's zero logic. Id rather have people read this on the forum and think for themselves.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Im good. Again, I don't need to make myself feel better. Stupid is supercharging a high compression engine to get more power then saying a V8, that has more power in that same chassis, is a worse idea. There's zero logic. Id rather have people read this on the forum and think for themselves.
Two thumbs up for you buddy ;)

Sponsored

Nhemisis

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jeep Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Well there is one more option, … Switch to a JL so you can get the 392 engine. That is what I will probably do mid-year in 2021. I would consider doing it now, but my JT is only 3 months old
yeah.... mine is listed so i can get another JLUR haha. i lasted 5 months

Nhemisis

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Sales
Vehicle Showcase
And only tow a whopping 1500 lbs.?!
i dont tow like ever but i do go rock crawl in moab a good amount of times a year and the wheelbase on the gladiator kills me

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
i dont tow like ever but i do go rock crawl in moab a good amount of times a year and the wheelbase on the gladiator kills me
Yeah, I get it! The Gladi isnt for everyone. How much lift do you have for clearence?

Nhemisis

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I get it! The Gladi isnt for everyone. How much lift do you have for clearence?
thats part of the problem i only have 2 inches and 35s ... i shoulda gone 3.5 and 37s but at this point imma just sell it and start over on a new wrangler
Sponsored