Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I want that exact Jeep in my driveway. Granite over red leather, half doors, Sky One-Touch roof, 37s and the 392. Perfection.

:involve:
Sponsored

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
Look at the blue Jeep on the Jeep sites 392 tab, you will see the sky one touch from the top view. This is exactly how I ordered mine, even with full doors the rear windows have a lever and pop out very easily.

Yes you can remove the sky one touch top but if you get caught dealer voids warranty if top fails under warranty.

Sky one touch is for people that don't want to remove tops but want the Jeep top off feeling. If you live in places it never rains then sky one touch probably not for you.

My dealer says the people that get it say they will never own a removable top Jeep again.

My brother got one as a loaner car and said it was amazing.

Its an option that was scarce for first couple years but is very common today.

4k option and buy the extended warranty and your all set.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
The kids didn't like the soft top in open or riding without a top unfortunately so something like this seems like a good compromise. Still debating if I should trade the JT or just once in my life be patient until they come with a 392 JT
Ah, dump the kids, keep the truck with a full roof off experience :) Or give them a hat, like a horizontal blinder that horses use, for your kids.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Ah, dump the kids, keep the truck with a full roof off experience :) Or give them a hat, like a horizontal blinder that horses use, for your kids.
I think taking out the rear window and quarter panels with the soft top would probably do the trick.... just so lazy 😂

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And now I am told that there will not be another run of the 392's, the one a few weeks back was it?

Has anyone else heard this?

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Still on the Jeep website, says coming January. But really nothing would surprise me, except a reasonable price for it! :)

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well I don't care anymore as I just ordered my 392 JT today
Still on the Jeep website, says coming January. But really nothing would surprise me, except a reasonable price for it! :)
yes the ones is January would be the ones that had the order deadline a few weeks ago, I got the impression after that they were done for this years run according to my dealer friend

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
yes the ones is January would be the ones that had the order deadline a few weeks ago, I got the impression after that they were done for this years run according to my dealer friend
They might be done for 2021 models but I am sure they will have 2022 and the JT Mojave will follow. They want to make money and the margins on these are insane. only reason to not make more 392 jeeps be it JL or JT would be the government or lack of sales... my 2 cents

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Hopefully they're saving some big blocks for the JT! Makes a helluva lot more sense in the truck than the Wrangler anyway.

Sponsored

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why would you all want a gas swallowing big V-8 in a Gladiator when there is a diesel available that will smack the shit out of a 6.4 and consume half the fuel. I have owned every one of these motors in various Jeeps including a 4-door wrangler with a 6.4 and hands down the diesel is my first choice with the runner up (6.4) as the second only because of the cool factor not the reality of what does the job the best all around.

first choice-diesel
second- diesel
thrid-diesel
fourth-diesel unless diesel is not available then 6.4

wake up people your a dreaming of v-8's just like that hot blonde when you know the brunette will make a much better wife but the blonde is so hot until you look deep in to her soul and personality and realize you made the wrong decision for the wrong reason.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
why would you all want a gas swallowing big V-8 in a Gladiator when there is a diesel available that will smack the shit out of a 6.4 and consume half the fuel. I have owned every one of these motors in various Jeeps including a 4-door wrangler with a 6.4 and hands down the diesel is my first choice with the runner up (6.4) as the second only because of the cool factor not the reality of what does the job the best all around.

first choice-diesel
second- diesel
thrid-diesel
fourth-diesel unless diesel is not available then 6.4

wake up people your a dreaming of v-8's just like that hot blonde when you know the brunette will make a much better wife but the blonde is so hot until you look deep in to her soul and personality and realize you made the wrong decision for the wrong reason.
Other than fuel economy what category does the diesel beat the 6.4 in? You forgot to mention that the diesel is the third version of a motor where the previous two versions have been very unreliable and had lots of problems, it is an incredibly complex motor compared to the 6.4.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Not a fan of the particles, sound, the driving experience or the smell. I grew up with diesels in Germany where diesel is cheap and was everywhere. Fuel economy you can fix with a couple jerry cans on the V8 for those overlanding trips. What's so great aber having the highest MPG? I rather have the most grunt.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Other than fuel economy what category does the diesel beat the 6.4 in?
Economy Power.

The future holds much higher gasoline prices than Diesel. Watch this over the next year. I predict $4.50/gal gasoline prices by this time next year. Diesel $3.25.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Economy Power.

The future holds much higher gasoline prices than Diesel. Watch this over the next year. I predict $4.50/gal gasoline prices by this time next year. Diesel $3.25.
Economy Power. Love it. The only real advantage of the diesel over the 392 in the gladiator is that its available from the factory. If I'd buy again I would def get it over the 3.6 for the Rubicon. Once I can't afford my fuel I'll just drive less or switch to electric.... R1T long range should be available also in a few years for even more economy power.
Sponsored