Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all,
We're excited to announce our new HOSS Hardtop Hoist! This Hardtop Hoist installs in your garage ceiling and is able to lift any hardtop up to 220 lbs. Use this to more easily and more frequently enjoy one of your Gladiator's best features, it's a convertible!

Available now!
https://www.bestop.com/products/hoss-hardtop-hoist/
Jeep Gladiator New Product: HOSS Hardtop Hoist from Bestop! 1608230216340

HOSS Hardtop Hoist provides advanced support for all Jeep hardtops. The Hardtop Hoist is designed to easily lift, remove, and store hardtops. Supporting up to 220 lbs, the Hardtop Hoist is the perfect addition to help give your hardtop the break it desperately wants during warm weather.

• Compatible with all Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Hardtops
  • 220 lb capacity
  • Easy to install
  • Simple to operate
  • Standard 120 volt power
  • One-year limited warranty
Space required for installation:

• Wall to channel bar: 3 ft.
  • Ceiling: minimum 9 ft, maximum 15 ft.
  • 5 ft. power cord
  • Wall mount controller with 15 ft. cord and key lock switch

Let me know if there's any questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

flipflopfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
That’s looks amazing. Do you have a video on installation? Is it diy or should have a carpenter install?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
That’s looks amazing. Do you have a video on installation? Is it diy or should have a carpenter install?
Awesome, I'm glad you like the way it looks!
As far as install, we don't have a video just yet but we have one coming pretty shortly. Until then you can take a look at the install guide in this link below.
https://assets.bestop.com/files/_bestop/8/4/10/42820-a.pdf

For your question of if it's DIY or if you'll need a carpenter, that's difficult for me to answer because everyone's skills vary so much. If you have exposed joists then it's pretty easy but you'll need to locate those joists and be sure you're bolting up into those.
We will have a But It Installed option for this pretty soon.

Hope that helps!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Occupation
Geologist
A 440lb hoist from Harbor Freight is $99. What's the other $350 get me?
Looks like they have straps that is comes with designed to properly hold the top, then there's also the electronics. You could probably do it for less, but not sure how you'd motorize it. If that's not an issue, then maybe you can do it way cheaper.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Looks like they have straps that is comes with designed to properly hold the top, then there's also the electronics. You could probably do it for less, but not sure how you'd motorize it. If that's not an issue, then maybe you can do it way cheaper.
What electronics other than the hoist?

You can get a 4 pack of straps at Home Depot for $10

Cut 2 to one length and 2 to another. Use the hardtops bolt holes. That's all this is. $110 of hardware.

I would've done this already myself except I have a tandem garage and Having it hang in the middle won't work.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I like it! Might pick one up for the new house I’m building. It will have 14’ ceilings to accommodate a 4-post lift. :like::rock:

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Cut 2 to one length and 2 to another. Use the hardtops bolt holes. That's all this is. $110 of hardware.

I would've done this already myself except I have a tandem garage and Having it hang in the middle won't work.
Well to name a few things, this HOSS Hardtop Hoist has an auto-stop so you don't lift your hard top into the ceiling. It also has a hard mounted controller with a keyed lockout so munchkins don't lower your top onto anything below it when you're not around. It's basically a completely comprehensive and well thought out kit do to exactly what it's meant to do. But, if you want to piece something together from Harbor Freight and Home Depot parts then sure, you'll probably save a few bucks.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner

Not throwing stones here, just giving you a different perspective...I totally agree that it could be done cheaper concerning price. You are 100% correct.

But like you said, go to HF and buy this, go to Home Depot and buy that, go here and there, oh shit they are sold out of this, wrong size in stock for that, etc, etc.
Not everyone sees the ultimate value in only saving some money when purchasing something.
There is also great value to some folks to purchase an item that already has the head aches of R&D worked out, everything packaged in one box, and simply typing in a CC and it all shows up ready to be installed.

What that extra $350 does for me personally is allows me to be at my kids school / sports events 3 days a week, church activities, time with my wife, our companies, spending time with friends, etc.instead of driving around chasing down parts.

I certainly appreciate and respect saving money where it makes sense, just wanted to give you a different set of goggles to see the transaction through.

Have a great day sir,

Jeremy

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I love bestop products, but I won't be purchasing this--unless they come out with a version that doesn't rely on a winch. Why the extra hassle? a 3:1 hoist like the Harken Hoist will raise a heavier JK roof with just a small amount of downward pressure. If I am giving close to $500 to Bestop its going to be for their awesome Sunrider! That is on my Xmas wishlist!

For those that do buy, enjoy! It does look like an awesome gadget.

EDIT: For Bestop! Sell me the straps and hooks--I just don't want the winch!
Sponsored