First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
welp its been a year a 2 months with my truck and ive gotten 0 issues except for the knocking noise in the engine i hear that worries me
Hey @ThatStinging_Jeep,

If you would like to get this checked out by a dealer, please feel free to reach out to our team. We are happy to provide additional assistance while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
almost 14k miles, aluminum steering box, no issues with steering.. . only issue is clock losing a few minutes every couple of weeks

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
22K on a launch edition Rubicon, zero issues although its always drifted right. Iā€™ll go in for a steering box when they start showing up in the service centers. BTW, 155K on a JKR and 130K on a JKU, still have the JK! Had to replace a fuel pump in the JKU (warranty) and the oil pump in the JK at 153K for the solenoid issue ($150 and a Saturday morning).

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @ThatStinging_Jeep,

If you would like to get this checked out by a dealer, please feel free to reach out to our team. We are happy to provide additional assistance while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hey thank you very much for reaching out to me,I would like to but somewere were there not gonna say oh the cause of the engine/rod knock is cause of your catch can,and well I just get ghosted,but i dont want my truck to just smoke and smoke blue smoke if I were to go somewhere with a very steep angle without a catch can.I hope having a catch can wont interfere with the problem I'm having even though it shouldn't

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hey thank you very much for reaching out to me,I would like to but somewere were there not gonna say oh the cause of the engine/rod knock is cause of your catch can,and well I just get ghosted,but i dont want my truck to just smoke and smoke blue smoke if I were to go somewhere with a very steep angle without a catch can.I hope having a catch can wont interfere with the problem I'm having even though it shouldn't
You're welcome! Please keep me updated if you choose to schedule an appointment with a dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

6601 miles and no engine issues no check engine lights to date. I did have to replace an axel due to a universal joint bushing falling out which is dangerous. I wasn't even doing any wheeling it just fell out due to daily driving. I also have had a few issues with the Start Stop & accessory Batteries going bad and needing replaced. They get drained too far from sitting too long and won't take a charge etc. The last time I didn't even bother taking it to the dealer I just replaced both batteries with a Genesis System which has Two full sized group 25 batteries and so far, problem solved. It will switch over to the accessory battery if the cranking battery gets too low, so in theory you should always have enough power to crank it over. You can also use one battery to jump the other kind of a neat system. This does not affect any Jeep warranty since you're not changing any wiring or how the Jeep functions. You're basically just changing out the batteries. It's a fun vehicle with an open-air design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
I only have 2500 miles, but no issues.

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
3 years, 40,000 miles, ZERO issues. 2020 Sport S max tow.

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
6 Months and 10K miles so far, Love it. MIL came on once, went back out next day.
No real issues, other than being broke from too many mods to buy. šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
3rd year owner, 33,000 numerous trails, 13 BOH's. If you use your JT for an off road rig, it will last years. If you use it as a DD, that wear and tear is worse than trails and it will start to fail.
If you ordered it or bought it will a bunch of un-necessary electronic bells and whistles that you thought you couldn't live without, you will live without your truck while it sits in the shop, getting repairs or updates. Keep it simple and use it for what jeeps are intended for. I've never been left stranded, put into "Limp Mode" or kicked rocks down the side of the road on my way to get help. To easy, but JMO.

Badges.jpg

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
1st Year - 10k miles - 0 issues, 0 odd noises 0 quality concerns as well and I take mine on trails just about every other weekend so it regularly see's mud/dirt/rocks.

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
^ this. Go to any Acura or Lexus board and you'll see the same. Even brands known for bulletproof reliability have scary forums.

This is my first FCA product (ever) and I have to admit, I'm impressed with the build quality and overall execution of the vehicle.

The one thing that sets the Wrangler / Gladiator apart is that it's like a life-size Lego. The parts come off, they're easy to upgrade, relatively inexpensive, etc. Plus, most people just love Jeeps :like: :jk:
This is my 3rd - I've had a Wk2 for a month previously and in '13 i had a new Grand Caravan - never had an issue with either. IMO the pentastar is a great engine and the 8 speed is a phenomenal transmission. I am impressed with the quality of the vehicle in general as well.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I have had my 2021 HA for almost 1.5 years with NO issues. Only complaint is the slight wandering on the steering...

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
2.5 years, 27K miles, DD, exploration vehicle, no mechanical issues, did have an electrical gremlin (bad relay to fuse box that kept frying the fuse panel) that was fixed under warranty in the first 6-8 months, nary a problem since. Getting a pop-up camper for the bed in the next month, so definitely still investing into it.
Sponsored