terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious - what was it like towing? The picture looks like you had a lot of squat? Too much tongue weight? I'm not criticizing. Just wondering if this is what I should expect?
It was ok, didnt like going from 4000 ft or less to nearly 7000 at all, mileage was poor obviously. Im glad it wasnt windy, I wouldn't want to tow this load through Wyoming in the winter. It also didnt like longitudinal transitions in the asphalt like pulling over onto the shoulder.

It may have been a little tongue heavy, I generally load a bit nose heavy to avoid sway if I can. I've now towed vehicles with it twice. The Kia and a restored M38 A 1 with a matching jeep trailer. Both times there was more squat than I'd hoped there would be. If I were going to do this regularly I'd figure out a more robust rear suspension though if I did this regularly again I'd go back to a Cummins 3/4 or 1 ton. This truck isnt built to tow regularly imo.
Sponsored

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
My old 2020 Gladiator running boards.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Finally! For 3 jeeps I've needed a better way to haul lumber for projects. Always sucked not being able to get a sheet of plywood. Two sheets of OSB and three 16' 2x4's for a two car garage wide shelf above the garage doors. I really like the three position tailgate. My one critique would be the lack of access to the front of the bed tie-down hooks. Once the plywood was in, I couldn't get underneath to hook in a ratchet strap. So there was a lot of bouncing on the trip home. Other than that, its so good to finally be able to haul some lumber!

Blanche 01.jpg
You need a bed rack to haul that stuff, makes lumber runs even better! Those are 2x10x12, I have hauled up to 16’ length lumber up there.

Jeep Gladiator What did you HAUL in your JT today? 6E68540D-4111-4AB7-996C-4E6273B1A6A7

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Bob.......I had a local marine fabricator make it for me. I used the 2 D ring bolts to hold it in place.

gladiator rod rack.png
Is that for launching fireworks :LOL: - and before anyone flames up yes I know what it is...

Sponsored

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
Nice! Well played sir. That’s what it’s going to look like tomorrow when I take the old on to the dump!
Don't take it to the dump! Find a metal salvage/recycler near you and they'll pay you for it. Or give it to a reuse or restore if its in operable condition.

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
Jeep Gladiator What did you HAUL in your JT today? 20210123_102937
Recycling trashed appliances. Scrap metal seems down in price.
Sponsored