Not open for further replies.

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am in healthcare and received my second dose this past Sunday of the Pfizer vaccine. First dose I just had injection site pain. Second dose kicked my ass starting about 12 hours after I got it for about 24 hours...but after 24 hours I am feeling great.

That being said the technology behind it is not "chemotherapy" as how it is defined today and anyone who says that it is doesn't know what they are talking about. The company who made it was actually researching ways to make therapies for people that have rare genetic disorders that involve the inability to make certain proteins. They went after the lowest hanging fruit by trying to fix conditions in which just a little bit of the correct protein would fix the condition. The reason why they did this is that they knew that it would be difficult to inject enough of the mRNA into the body to be therapeutic...because of the toxicity of the lipid shell they had to include to transport the mRNA into the cell. So far they have been unsuccessful in this endeavor...however, to make a successful vaccine it takes significantly less of a dose to elicit a strong immune response. (enough that it isn't toxic). Anyone who says that it doesn't prevent infection is wrong too...the studies show a clear preventative effect vs placebo...starting at day ~12 after the first dose it is significant. Sometime after the 2nd dose it is ~95% effective at preventing disease.

That being said I do have my personal reservations about it with how it works that I will not go into but decided the benefit outweighed the potential risks.
Sponsored

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
I am in healthcare and received my second dose this past Sunday of the Pfizer vaccine. First dose I just had injection site pain. Second dose kicked my ass starting about 12 hours after I got it for about 24 hours...but after 24 hours I am feeling great.

That being said the technology behind it is not "chemotherapy" as how it is defined today and anyone who says that it is doesn't know what they are talking about. The company who made it was actually researching ways to make therapies for people that have rare genetic disorders that involve the inability to make certain proteins. They went after the lowest hanging fruit by trying to fix conditions in which just a little bit of the correct protein would fix the condition. The reason why they did this is that they knew that it would be difficult to inject enough of the mRNA into the body to be therapeutic...because of the toxicity of the lipid shell they had to include to transport the mRNA into the cell. So far they have been unsuccessful in this endeavor...however, to make a successful vaccine it takes significantly less of a dose to elicit a strong immune response. (enough that it isn't toxic). Anyone who says that it doesn't prevent infection is wrong too...the studies show a clear preventative effect vs placebo...starting at day ~12 after the first dose it is significant. Sometime after the 2nd dose it is ~95% effective at preventing disease.

That being said I do have my personal reservations about it with how it works that I will not go into but decided the benefit outweighed the potential risks.
[/QUOT
Sounds similar to the studies on Vitamin D, Magnesium, iron, Quercetin etc and those don't make me feel like garbage and have unknown side effects.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
My whole family had the disease. After 6 months, I still test positive for antibodies. I don't see enough benefit from a vaccine to justify the risk. My parents haven't taken the vaccine yet. Right now, they are my only concern.

Edit: My local blood bank gives a free antibody test with every donation. Save a life and know for sure.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
The vaccine is supposed to keep you from getting symptoms but in about 70 percent of people they will still carry the virus and transmit it. Not a theory. Search Israel study on vaccine. So far they have vaccinated more people than anyone. It’s a known fact how it works. Thats why they still need to wear a mask until everyone gets it.
How else would it work if you think about it. It makes it so your body recognizes the virus and already has memory immune cells ready to fight it. But youcan still carry it and transmit it but they think the viral load will be much lower.
but what does the word “vaccine” mean; and if it isnt conferring immunity or based on partially dead or dead virus, ask yourself why they insist on calling it that.

therapy? Sure. Treatment? Maybe. But you can still catch and spread covid after the “vaccine” and it was never designed to confer immunity. It was meant to alleviate symptoms.

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

- please pull the filing of moderna and pfizer and show where they use the term vaccine; and explain why moderna calls it a “gene therapy technology”

- tell me what the medical definition of vaccine is, and how the two products meet that standard.

-show me the actual study you are citing showing the the products confer immunity. Not the news article. Not the talk show clip. The study.

its a synthetic nucleic acid that i dont think is even mRNA based; it is not based on a partially dead or dead version of the virus to provide a base of antibodies for the body’s immune system, and it does not confer immunity. Under no definition of the word vaccine does that apply. All it does is provide an ability to endogenously produce a S1 protein spike

its called a vaccine because its a security blanket for people who are freaked out, and if people knew what it was fewer would take it. Youll find out quickly that you “bought the messaging based on the marketing” and your study was about covid symptoms and not covid infection or transmission. the term being used is “effective immunity” because it reduces symptoms.

Thats not entirely a bad thing; but it should be called what it is, and know there are other ways that actually block the virus altogether. And know you can still catch and transmit covid after the “vaccine”.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JBOverland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
I work in healthcare and was offered the vaccine on day 1. Literally the day you first saw it on TV. I chose to pass for a few reasons. 1. I feel I may have already had Covid (was never test confirmed) 2. We know more about Covid than the “vaccine”. 3. Due to my age (40’s) I am 99% likely to be fine if infected. 4. I personally know of more people who have had adverse restrictions to the vaccine vs Covid.

But this is a personal decision. Make the decision for yourself. I do feel people over 60 should get it jut because.

OP
OP
ZTMAN

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Yeah, dem governor in NC so priorities are mucked up. Hopefully she can find a provider that would bump her up in the line. What part of NC is she in. I'm in the Piedmont.
Thanks, I'm always trying.
She lives in Charlotte

jaytea

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
The internet is full of misinformation, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally. The prediction "algorithm" is flawed, because it will lead you down rabbit holes.

Watching youtube videos does not constitute as scientific research. Watching other wizards comment on their research should not be taken at face value.

We are all somewhat educated adults that should know better. I like to compare this belief in misinformation to other non-politically motivated events. Such as the same reason why many people believed they could buy a gadget to put in their car to make it more fuel efficient... yet you know, physics - it does not magically bend.... yet those gadgets and the market was rampant during the gas crisis...

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
She lives in Charlotte

Gotcha. About an hour away from me. That area, she should be able to find an MD to assist her in getting the vaccine. Mds are more responsive than government.

jaytea

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Not only that @KurtP - you actually need to read documents from reputable scientific researches, academics, scientists, doctors and medical trials... not wizards and troll farms... but they are not as much fun or entertaining as watching lunatics spread misinformation through Youtube.

Sponsored

jaytea

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
With that said, I will not be getting a vaccine anytime soon because others, at higher risks, need it first. Once the vaccine becomes abundant, and mandatory for air travel, I will be in line to get it.

Hopefully by that time we will have more data points to compare effectiveness between competing vaccine technologies, and side effects and we will get a choice to pick from multiple vendors.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Not only that @KurtP - you actually need to read documents from reputable scientific researches, academics, scientists, doctors and medical trials... not wizards and troll farms... but they are not as much fun or entertaining as watching lunatics spread misinformation through Youtube.
Before you tell me to not watch nut bags and read, make sure YOU actually read studies and source documents. You’re a guy getting your info from some big media outlet and never questioning a thing and you have the audacity to tell me to be informed? I read the fucking filings and the study. You got on whatever news site and read the headline and first paragraph AT THE MOST. You’re easily manipulated because you dont know real information even when it is readily available and staring you in the face.

directly from the new england journal of medicine covid study report- quote: “As of this writing, no correlate of protection for SARS-CoV-2 has been established. However, neutralizing-antibody levels have been shown to correlate with protection against many viruses in humans14 and have correlated with protection against SARS-CoV-2 in animal challenges.3,15”

It IS providing alleviation of symptoms. It IS NOT providing immunity of infection or transmission. If youre at risk and want to lesson your symptoms, then sure, take it. If you think it reduces your chances of complications, sure, take it. If you just want to take it, then fucking take it. What Im saying is that it does not meet the definition of a vaccine as we know and use it, and if immunity from infection and blocking of transmission of SARSV2 is your goal, then start asking questions, because that has not been established yet. If you have a newer, more recent, clinical trial report that says otherwise, please provide it so we can all read it And I can evaluate if my feelings/assertions still stand. But Not the news article. Not the headline. Not the press conference clip. the clinical study report.

im happy to believe something different, but it has to be based on real information that stands up to scrutiny. So dont come barking at me and telling me to “read documents” when you dont have the attention span to read real information. The irony of you calling me uninformed should not be lost on you. This is why so many people are dead. Everyone was waiting for a miraculous vaccine when repurposed drugs have been available that worked to prevent infection were ignored because low information people didnt know better. Say what you want, but cell wall inhibitors like the one i take are PROVEN effective against all viruses; and ivermectin has been PROVEN effective against blocking infection and transmission of Covid AS WELL as alleviating symptoms. Ivermecting costs about $200 to take FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR. you, sir, are the uninformed of us who doesnt read. Not me.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2028436

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
que point and sputter.

im done. If you wan to read the information, its out there and readily available. If you dont, fine. If you have that clinical study report that is more recent than the NEJM one, Id love to read it.

jaytea

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
que point and sputter.
Nah - you are just too far gone to have a reasonable and educated discussion with. Quoting things out of context, not reading the full document, all the way through - looking at the sample size. Nah - not worth wasting my time. I am here for information on JT. You keep on keepin' on brother! Doing a great job.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.