Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So had some used 37's installed today to try out and make sure I wanted to go 37's. Found some Goodyear MTR Kevlar 37 12.5 17 for $400 off Marketplace. Had them mounted a Discount tire for $149.00 so $550 for 37's. Coming from a 315 70 17 BFG KO2 I've been running for a year, 21,000 miles that was a 11/32 tread. They measured 33.6 when I had them removed. The Goodyear measures 36.2 on my JT at 36psi, I'll probably lower that to around 32 or 30 to soften the ride a little. Can't reset the computer at the moment because something is going on with my Bluetooth vgate OBD adapter for the Jscan so speedo is off by 3-4 mph based on what I could see. Was able to average 17.1 mpgs on the hour ride back which super stoked about should go up when I can get the speedo corrected.

I measured center of my jeep up to Rubi Rails before removing the BFGs and I was at 20-1/4 inches with the Goodyears installed I'm right at 22 inches which I'm super happy about. Gained 1-3/4 inches just by throwing tires on. I'll probably throw the Fox stabilizer back on now because it will probably take some of the road feel out of the steering wheel and I may look at upgrading the track bar now with probably a rough country adjustable like I ran on my JKU. Overall I'm super pleased and thinking 37's forever now although I may end up back with a A/T she these wear out. They are louder than my BFG's which I expected but not to bad. Face still hurts from the hours worth of smiling I did on the way homešŸ˜„

Before and after
Jeep Gladiator 37's and loving them, who else? Pic Merger_795
Sponsored

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Looks good. How loud are those mtrā€™s?

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. How loud are those mtrā€™s?
They ain't to bad, quieter than my old geolander M/Ts were but definitely louder than the BFGs. I could still have a comfortable conversation with someone at 75 on the interstate with them on. Probably would be not quiet as loud if it wasn't raining as well. I figured they would be louder than the BFGs despite what some tried to tell me.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Maybe itā€™s just the photos, but I like the looks/size of the KO2s on your Gladiator better and I donā€™t even have KO2s (yet!) for the record.

Maybe an identical side profile photo of both would change my mind???

The Goodyears fill out more of the lifted wheel well but look skinnier in the process compared to the KO2s.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe itā€™s just the photos, but I like the looks/size of the KO2s on your Gladiator better and I donā€™t even have KO2s (yet!) for the record.

The Goodyears fill out more of the lifted wheel well but look skinnier in the process compared to the KO2s.
They definitely aren't skinnier, just probably the angle of the picture. I guess everybody has there preference, IMO, they fit the amount of lift I have on my JT. I wouldn't want to go any larger, these seem perfect to me. I didn't dislike the KO2s by any means though.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Are you on 3.73s?

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not as bad as i would have guessed. You got a smoking deal on those too
Appreciate it. Yeah I feel like I couldn't of done any better on the deal. Had to jump on them. I'm real pleased with how well they did last night on the rain and little bit of ice just north of where I stay. They handle like a boss.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Appreciate it. Yeah I feel like I couldn't of done any better on the deal. Had to jump on them. I'm real pleased with how well they did last night on the rain and little bit of ice just north of where I stay. They handle like a boss.
And any time theres a chance to dump bfg.....

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
And any time theres a chance to dump bfg.....
True, at least size wise. I've never had a issue out of the BFGs like you have but I'm not saying they don't have their issues though. I'll definitely probably look at something in a A/T in a 37 when these Goodyears wear out unless I can get use to the extra noise. As far as performance goes, I think they will be solid.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

Probably just the pictures. The GY Kevlar MTR is a true size, big, and light tire. With zero offset rims, it sticks out just under 1 "lug" from the Rubicon fender. So far, I am also loving it. Performance with the 5:13s is absolutely great and the grip off-road up steep hills is amazing.

Jeep Gladiator 37's and loving them, who else? BLRiZ

Here it is compared to the Patagonia MTR
8hqg3n.jpg

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Im having really good luck with my Falken AT3W and 4.88ā€™s. I really, really want to get back on Generals though; and theres a degree of it that is bias for the brand i built because of how well they did for us in Africa. The Clayton rear track bar for 37ā€ clearance was announced 3 days after i got the Falkens; and the generals would have fit then. Lol
Sponsored