First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Occupation
Actor
Great information Kurt! This is probably the most methodical approach that ive seen on the forum. A few questions for you if you want to share some wisdom.
1. Which mod of the three makes the largest differrence?
2. Is the exhaust itself a larger diameter? Does the tune account for the reduction of backpressure if any? I wanted to go glasspack and weld up piping y pipe back, unless there's a significant roi on the borla or awe.
3. Would you expect these kinds of gains on a manual, assuming normal operation and an optimized gear ratio?
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Great information Kurt! This is probably the most methodical approach that ive seen on the forum. A few questions for you if you want to share some wisdom.
1. Which mod of the three makes the largest differrence?
2. Is the exhaust itself a larger diameter? Does the tune account for the reduction of backpressure if any? I wanted to go glasspack and weld up piping y pipe back, unless there's a significant roi on the borla or awe.
3. Would you expect these kinds of gains on a manual, assuming normal operation and an optimized gear ratio?
Hey there. Thanks. #1 has been covered extensively; tuning

2- Mine is. Its a 3”. I cant speak to what improvements may or may not happen from a custom type project like that. Historically, my time on the dyno and the track tells me better exhausts generally work better; but sometimes one part is so clearly the restriction that changing that out fixes most of it. I wasnt terribly impressed by the pipe and bends on the factory one.

3- cant say. In theory there will be improvements, but how much depends on the behavior of the 6spd. It isnt as overdrive deep as the 8spd; so im not sure at what point the 6spd starts to require downshifts. If the 6spd is having trouble staying in gear and requires 4-5 for many hills or cruising, then Id theorize a similar benefit will be found.

Thats my $.02

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
So when is the new pulsar update coming?
Superchips and i have a telecon next week and ill know more then. No they arent giving me freebies no i dont represent them; im trying to put as much feedback together and present it as intelligently as possible to unofficially represent us to try and get it right. So far theyve been super open with me and responsive to me so i want to give jt the best chance possible.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Superchips and i have a telecon next week and ill know more then. No they arent giving me freebies no i dont represent them; im trying to put as much feedback together and present it as intelligently as possible to unofficially represent us to try and get it right. So far theyve been super open with me and responsive to me so i want to give jt the best chance possible.
Sweet let us Know. And since you have the Pulsar you may know. Does it have all the capabilities of the Flashcal? I like the Flashcal Because I can turn on the AUX switch bank (since my JT didnt come with the aux switches). If not I wonder if the Flashcal will work with the Pulsar... Maybe something to ask them. I sent a Email last week on the contact us page and still havent hear from them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Sweet let us Know. And since you have the Pulsar you may know. Does it have all the capabilities of the Flashcal? I like the Flashcal Because I can turn on the AUX switch bank (since my JT didnt come with the aux switches). If not I wonder if the Flashcal will work with the Pulsar... Maybe something to ask them. I sent a Email last week on the contact us page and still havent hear from them.
No, it will do axle ratio, tire size, and ess memory

JimWillis319

Banned
Banned
First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Can anyone tell me if the Pulsar can be used WITH the tazer installed? I have the tazer & iDrive... I had read all the stuff about people calling BS on CAIs being helpful/giving any power gain but I'm now understanding that if used with a tuner it can help.

So question 1. Can a tazer be used WITH a Pulsar?

If not, 2. What other tuners CAN be used with a tazer?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Can anyone tell me if the Pulsar can be used WITH the tazer installed? I have the tazer & iDrive... I had read all the stuff about people calling BS on CAIs being helpful/giving any power gain but I'm now understanding that if used with a tuner it can help.

So question 1. Can a tazer be used WITH a Pulsar?

If not, 2. What other tuners CAN be used with a tazer?
Im not aware of anyone stacking the two together. Best i can give you is that i believe it can; since pulsar is concerned with modifying engine parameters that tazer is not. If someone wants to ship me their tazer to try, im happy to do so, i just dont have a reason to buy one.

JimWillis319

Banned
Banned
First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Im not aware of anyone stacking the two together. Best i can give you is that i believe it can; since pulsar is concerned with modifying engine parameters that tazer is not. If someone wants to ship me their tazer to try, im happy to do so, i just dont have a reason to buy one.
Well they do 2 completely different things as far as I know.. I'm just not sure WHERE the pulsar plugs in. (side question, is pulsar really the only tuner for gladiators on the market right now it seems?)

I can tell you if I had to pick between the 2, it would be tazer every time. The tazer gives you access to the jeep. Having a gladiator without a tazer is like having a playstation without a controller.

The ability to change tire size is NOT the main reason. The turn cam is probably my favorite feature that it gives you access too. Seat belt silence. ESS permanently off (if you want it that was easily turn it back on). Tire size change. Ability to go 4WD at higher speeds(haven't done this yet) to name a few. Highly suggest looking into the tazer.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Well they do 2 completely different things as far as I know.. I'm just not sure WHERE the pulsar plugs in. (side question, is pulsar really the only tuner for gladiators on the market right now it seems?)

I can tell you if I had to pick between the 2, it would be tazer every time. The tazer gives you access to the jeep. Having a gladiator without a tazer is like having a playstation without a controller.

The ability to change tire size is NOT the main reason. The turn cam is probably my favorite feature that it gives you access too. Seat belt silence. ESS permanently off (if you want it that was easily turn it back on). Tire size change. Ability to go 4WD at higher speeds(haven't done this yet) to name a few. Highly suggest looking into the tazer.
Absolutely nothing you listed interests/concerns me one bit; and imo pales in comparison to having a properly calibrated motor.

But, different people are different, so. Shrug.

The pulsar connects directly to the ecu under the hood. I dont think it will interfere since it functions as a pass through for any parameter it isnt modifying. I just wont say it 100% for sure because ive never done it.

Livernois makes an excellent tune if youre willing to swap a spare ecu or hack/flash your ecu.

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
So... just to vaguely sum this up.
Intake+exhaust and a good tune + not driving like you are a crazy person gets results?
I'm not completely sold on the pulsar deal, but I also don't know much about it. Does it "void warranty"? Is it something you could/should remove before having to take your vehicle in for service? I plan on keeping my Mojave basically stock and alot of the pulsar features don't appeal to me either.

On a side note my sister has a new Tahoe, 5.3 and 10 spd. She is getting the same mpg as I am with the gladiator. I am sure she just drives and doesn't pay attention to much else. I drive insanely slow.

JimWillis319

Banned
Banned
First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Absolutely nothing you listed interests/concerns me one bit; and imo pales in comparison to having a properly calibrated motor.

But, different people are different, so. Shrug.

The pulsar connects directly to the ecu under the hood. I dont think it will interfere since it functions as a pass through for any parameter it isnt modifying. I just wont say it 100% for sure because ive never done it.

Livernois makes an excellent tune if youre willing to swap a spare ecu or hack/flash your ecu.
I mean I guess you're right different people are different.. But I bought a 50 THOUSAND dollar truck... I want to be in control of it. If i have to pay 300 for a tazer to be in control of it? worth it to me. But I get you.

Yes I'm going to get one then it sounds to me based off what you're saying where it plugs in... I'm getting one.

I saw on your other post you suggested AGAINST the pulsar for a second though.. did they remedy your issue with them? Or is that what you're waiting to meet with them about right now?

I'm asking because I'm about to move from CA to IA (1,500+ trip) March 5th... If I could get this all installed before then that'd be ideal.. but if there are still issues with the pulsar I'll avoid it until I'm 'closer to home' all the time

JimWillis319

Banned
Banned
First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
So... just to vaguely sum this up.
Intake+exhaust and a good tune + not driving like you are a crazy person gets results?
I'm not completely sold on the pulsar deal, but I also don't know much about it. Does it "void warranty"? Is it something you could/should remove before having to take your vehicle in for service? I plan on keeping my Mojave basically stock and alot of the pulsar features don't appeal to me either.

On a side note my sister has a new Tahoe, 5.3 and 10 spd. She is getting the same mpg as I am with the gladiator. I am sure she just drives and doesn't pay attention to much else. I drive insanely slow.
From my understanding none of these things 'void warranty' as long as you remove them before you bring your truck into the dealer for anything.

Second thing.. if you bought a gladiator (especially rubicon or mojave) and expect/want good gas millage, there really is no way around it this isn't the vehicle for you.

There are things you can do to increase the MPG sure but... at what cost? a shit load of mods that cost a shitload of dollars and even then you have to drive like you're a 90 year old woman? ... Not the vehicle for you.

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
No, it will do axle ratio, tire size, and ess memory

Superchips TrailDash2 also works with the Gladiator. My understanding is that where the Pulsar modifies the signals into the ECM, the TrailDash2 requires an ECM unlock and directly modifies the ECM memory. It’s also my understanding that in addition to canned tunes, the TrailDash 2 can facilitate custom tunes. And finally, I believe it is slightly more expensive than the Pulsar. Confirmation or correction would be appreciated.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
From my understanding none of these things 'void warranty' as long as you remove them before you bring your truck into the dealer for anything.

Second thing.. if you bought a gladiator (especially rubicon or mojave) and expect/want good gas millage, there really is no way around it this isn't the vehicle for you.

There are things you can do to increase the MPG sure but... at what cost? a shit load of mods that cost a shitload of dollars and even then you have to drive like you're a 90 year old woman? ... Not the vehicle for you.
I should probably just keep my mouth shut...
Sponsored