Sponsored

Diamondback HD Mounts - Crushing side rails!

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
So basically its a PITA to take off....great.... I think there's an issue when your fender comes off easier than bed rail caps. lol
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
So basically its a PITA to take off....great.... I think there's an issue when your fender comes off easier than bed rail caps. lol
Lol yep. And even being careful I broke a few clips...

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
OP
OP
mmatthie

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
I got my shim kit today...and DB actually has an official Gladiator install sheet now which is cool. But, they should have someone proof their docs since it says: "BED RAIL CAP SHIMS" on '17-up Jeep Gladiator!!! LOL

Comes with 8 shims...need to pop off rail caps...then affix these on (3 per side)...comes with 2 extra. Then reapply the caps.

Interesting note in the instruction sheet too (paraphrasing): "It's a b!tch to remove the rail caps without breaking clips...so here's the Mopar part numbers for replacements at $20/ea"

I was shocked to read that to be honest...now I love the DB...but how about this...how about not having your product ruin my perfectly good caps I had prior to installing your bed cover???

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Comes with 8 shims...need to pop off rail caps...then affix these on (3 per side)...comes with 2 extra. Then reapply the caps.

Interesting note in the instruction sheet too (paraphrasing): "It's a b!tch to remove the rail caps without breaking clips...so here's the Mopar part numbers for replacements at $20/ea"
Canā€™t you slide the shims in without removing the rail caps?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mmatthie

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
They have sticky tape on one side to keep them in place. To do it properly, I'd want to remove them. I plan to wait until the Spring to get this done. If anything...if the bed cap plastic is truly crushed and unable to come back to form...I might just buy the replacements...just sucks that the DB product (clamps) did this in the first place.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
no way to and get it to line up properly. what I did based on the Tundra kit I got they had to go all the way in the center between stuff. No way to get it lined up without at least a half removal

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
Shims are on the way...
I e-mailed them explaining the crushing bed rail caps and Mike Pelella is shipping out a kit to solve the issue....
Good customer service

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I have only had positive customer service and communication with DiamondBack, great product, in the long run you get what you pay for.

Sponsored

windyridge89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingray Gladiator Maxtow
Emailing diamondback now. I am having quite a bit of crushing so a kit would be lovely.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I got my shim kit today...and DB actually has an official Gladiator install sheet now which is cool. But, they should have someone proof their docs since it says: "BED RAIL CAP SHIMS" on '17-up Jeep Gladiator!!! LOL

I was shocked to read that to be honest...now I love the DB...but how about this...how about not having your product ruin my perfectly good caps I had prior to installing your bed cover???

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...hims-jeep-gladiator.pdf?v=6723672230927404325

I have some 1/4" rubber mat and double sided tape, going to make my own.

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
My new DB cover arrived Friday. They (still) don't automatically include shims.
Unfortunately I couldn't install it because they erred and packaged the standard clamps and also incorrect rod guide brackets.
They are overnighting some trail rail clamps and brackets, no charge, so I should have it set up soon.
Shims coming soon. DB was quick to respond and ship in a few hours.
shims.jpg