Towing modifications??

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4 w/ Max Tow
Occupation
USN
What modifications or accessories have you added to your JT which has aided your towing experience?
Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
A weight distribution hitch with sway control. Many prefer to run without one. It's personal choice when it comes down to it.

I wanted to keep level when towing. One big reason is having my headlights not shine into the eyes of oncoming traffic when towing at night. There are a few ways to address that. For me the WD with sway control works great and gives me extra piece of mind.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH, Mopar trailer brake controller, tow mirrors with extensions from member here, that’s about all I’ll need.
.....Jack

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH, Mopar trailer brake controller, tow mirrors with extensions from member here, that’s about all I’ll need.
.....Jack
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the tow mirrors and Mopar brake controller.

OP
OP
Jpeazy21

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USN
So far I have a brake controller to install and I’m about to purchase a used Curt WDH with sway control. The WDH is rated for 1500 lbs TW and 15000 lbs GWT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jpeazy21

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USN
.....Jack
Where did the member get the tow mirror extensions from?

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Jpeazy21

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USN
Done! Placed order for adapters and mirrors!!

Reactions: KVJ

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Hopkins Insight Brake Controller. Magnuson Supercharger, EAZ Lift Recurve G3 WDH. Diode Dynamics reverse lights in the bumper. 4awg rear battery connection for winch. Thing yanks cars, quads and side by sides beautifully on or off road

Sponsored

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I installed a Autowbrake brake controller on my camper. It’s the only thing that I tow. I also use a Equalizer WDH.

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
So far I have a brake controller to install and I’m about to purchase a used Curt WDH with sway control. The WDH is rated for 1500 lbs TW and 15000 lbs GWT.
Does the WDH have to match the tongue weight on the trailer?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Slow down on the WDH! I had a chance to get a 1500 pound Blue Ox hitch, but called Blue Ox and asked about is it better to go big, and basically it is not , heavy 1500 tongue weight, which your Gladiator will never need, actually doesn’t control sway as well. I checked my current campers TW ,19’geo pro, 17 foot micro minnie and found that even the 750 bars were too high, I have a set of 550 lb. tongue weight bars which will be good for any of the smsll sized campers I am thinking about. When looking for a camper do consider tandem axles, better sway control, better tracking, better flat protection and lower tongue weight......Jack

Also check facebook marketplace lot of used WDH hitches there I got my Blue Ox Sway Pro, used one year for $350, from guy getting much bigger trailer, and his dealer didn’t tell him he could just upgrade his bars to the 1000lbs.instead of buying a bigger hitch.

OP
OP
Jpeazy21

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USN
Slow down on the WDH! I had a chance to get a 1500 pound Blue Ox hitch, but called Blue Ox and asked about is it better to go big, and basically it is not , heavy 1500 tongue weight, which your Gladiator will never need, actually doesn’t control sway as well. I checked my current campers TW ,19’geo pro, 17 foot micro minnie and found that even the 750 bars were too high, I have a set of 550 lb. tongue weight bars which will be good for any of the smsll sized campers I am thinking about. When looking for a camper do consider tandem axles, better sway control, better tracking, better flat protection and lower tongue weight......Jack

Also check facebook marketplace lot of used WDH hitches there I got my Blue Ox Sway Pro, used one year for $350, from guy getting much bigger trailer, and his dealer didn’t tell him he could just upgrade his bars to the 1000lbs.instead of buying a bigger hitch.
Got it!! Thanks for the insight. Figured it was too much!!