Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
Check Out: https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/
I just pre-ordered mine for my Gladiator. Right now they are offering a discount for preorders.
I have one on order also. They are hoping to have them ship by the end of the month.
I have had to replace 4 windshields in various vehicles in the last two years. This will be my fifth, so I might as well try it. Farmers Insurance said they will pay up to the original OEM cost.
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I sent an email to racing optics and "Roger" called me on the phone out of the blue. He explained the film. It is thicker for the Jeep than other applications and has 3 layers, so, 2 tear offs. He recommended Rain-x for cleaning and said it was very scratch resistant and proven in NASCAR. He also offered phone help for the installation from his tech. guy. I am excited, I like that the Jeep film is thicker. I think this will solve the problem... :)

I will post up how the install goes.
I received the Racing Optics Jeep kit super fast. Here is a couple of pics of the kit. The film is thick and looks to be great optical quality. Like looking through glass.

link to Racing Optics
https://www.Racingopticsjeep.com

Jeep Gladiator Anybody got Gorilla Glass? 8a0DQo

Jeep Gladiator Anybody got Gorilla Glass? fRaQ5K

Here are some pics just after installation. The film still has smudges on it and has not been cleaned yet. I just got all the water out. You cannot tell it is on and based on the thickness of the film, I am excited that it will really protect my windshield. The main tip is to make sure your windshield is spotless. Clean it many, many times before installation. I changed my mopar windshield last week and I saw 3 rock hits already during the installation ! The last pic shows you the 3 layers and the peel offs.
Jeep Gladiator Anybody got Gorilla Glass? PhyVNY

Jeep Gladiator Anybody got Gorilla Glass? Kiid0t

Jeep Gladiator Anybody got Gorilla Glass? bgqVmf

Last edited:

Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
@hjdca I read on their site that each layer only lasts about 6 months. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@hjdca I read on their site that each layer only lasts about 6 months. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.
Yes. I talked to Roger at Racing Optics and he said 6 months is a guideline based on usage -- ie. lots of dirt, rain, rock hits, etc... will effect the film. He told me that he has it on his car for the last 6 months and the first layer still looks new -- but, that is a car...., but, I am optimistic that I can get longer on each layer in the Jeep. He recommended Rain-X cleaner for the film to help cleaning and longevity. For some reason, I am getting pit marks already in my new replaced Mopar windshield after only one week. I cannot sustain such constant damage, I had to try something.

Update - I talked to Chris (tech support) at Racing Optics and he told me that the film is not affected by sunlight or UV and the length of time you keep a "tear off" on the windshield is based on your tolerance of pits and scratches on the plastic. Once you had enough, you remove a layer. So, for a guy like me, that only wants to see through my windshield with no cracks, I will wait until it is really bad before I do a tear off.

PS. Those guys at Racing Optics were really cool, they were very informative and had great expertise on their product. :)

Here are a couple of pics of light transmission. The windshield blocks all UV light now, so, it seems cooler.
Pic comparing no window to windshield
NiFEbG.jpg

Pic comparing stock side window to windshield --- Very nice.
YDxdQ5.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Yes. I talked to Roger at Racing Optics and he said 6 months is a guideline based on usage -- ie. lots of dirt, rain, rock hits, etc... will effect the film. He told me that he has it on his car for the last 6 months and the first layer still looks new -- but, that is a car...., but, I am optimistic that I can get longer on each layer in the Jeep. He recommended Rain-X cleaner for the film to help cleaning and longevity. For some reason, I am getting pit marks already in my new replaced Mopar windshield after only one week. I cannot sustain such constant damage, I had to try something.

Update - I talked to Chris (tech support) at Racing Optics and he told me that the film is not affected by sunlight or UV and the length of time you keep a "tear off" on the windshield is based on your tolerance of pits and scratches on the plastic. Once you had enough, you remove a layer. So, for a guy like me, that only wants to see through my windshield with no cracks, I will wait until it is really bad before I do a tear off.

PS. Those guys at Racing Optics were really cool, they were very informative and had great expertise on their product. :)

Here are a couple of pics of light transmission. The windshield blocks all UV light now, so, it seems cooler.
Pic comparing no window to windshield
Jeep Gladiator Anybody got Gorilla Glass? YDxdQ5

Pic comparing stock side window to windshield --- Very nice.
Looks great! Is the Jeep kit pre-cut to size?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks great! Is the Jeep kit pre-cut to size?
yes, it is pre-cut to the jeep. It seems to be great quality, I am very happy with it, and the tech department was first rate. I sent them an email and they called me back right away and their technician called me also. Here are the secrets to the installation.

1. Get the windshield and everything around it super clean,
2. Also spray the outside of the film with solution after you put it on the windshield to help with the squeegy.
3. Use a lot of weight on the squeegy while pushing the water out, and keep the outside of the windshield wet with solution. You will not scratch the film, so, push hard and try to get all the water out. Any water left will disappear with heat and time, but, it is better to get as much as you can out.

The best thing is the peace of mind, not always having to worry if a truck is in front of me..

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Exactly. I have glass coverage with my insurance. In Colorado, you need it. Jeep dealer tried to sell me a $900 glass coverage as an "add on." Nope... Insurance does it for me. I usually get about one a year and they don't ask too many questions. Just want to know a date when it happened..

Many windshield shops will repair small chips working directly with your insurance so there's no cost to you.

If it's too big they'll replace the windshield (insist on factory glass!) working with your insurance agent. You may want to check with him/her to add a windshield adder to your policy if you don't have one already.

Gorilla glass is coming for sure. I assume the insurance companies will pay the cost of the factory glass and we'd have to pay for the difference but I'm not yet sure

lyonspw

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter
Its finally here:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I received the Racing Optics Jeep kit super fast. Here is a couple of pics of the kit. The film is thick and looks to be great optical quality. Like looking through glass.

link to Racing Optics
https://www.Racingopticsjeep.com

Here are some pics just after installation. The film still has smudges on it and has not been cleaned yet. I just got all the water out. You cannot tell it is on and based on the thickness of the film, I am excited that it will really protect my windshield. The main tip is to make sure your windshield is spotless. Clean it many, many times before installation. I changed my mopar windshield last week and I saw 3 rock hits already during the installation ! The last pic shows you the 3 layers and the peel offs.

How has this been holding up for you as I got to do something to protect the next replacement windshield. The High Performance and Gorilla glass are like $700+ to buy as replacement.

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
With the Lite Brite discount, ~$650, before tax.
Another ~$170 to install.
This will be my third windshield in 13k miles.

Kevin

GG.png
That would make a Jeep JL/JT an expensive vehicle to drive!

I just sold my 2006 Ram 3500 105K with the original glass!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
That would make a Jeep JL/JT an expensive vehicle to drive!

I just sold my 2006 Ram 3500 105K with the original glass!
Yep its just something gotta deal with suppose. I've gone through 2 windshields in 9 months

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
With the Lite Brite discount, ~$650, before tax.
Another ~$170 to install.
This will be my third windshield in 13k miles.

Kevin

Jeep Gladiator Anybody got Gorilla Glass? GG
Couple of questions...

DId you get any insurance compensation for this?
How do you find an installer in your area? I tried looking on the HGPs website and couldn't find a vehicle locator <?>

It's something I'm seriously thinking about. My wife's JL literally has a huge break 2 days after getting the OEM glass installed. Thankfully I have USAA glass coverage but I think it only covers 2 times a year IIRC.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Couple of questions...

DId you get any insurance compensation for this?
Probably, but I haven't had the work done yet. The windshield replacement is part of the whole deal to fix all the rock chips.
How do you find an installer in your area? I tried looking on the HGPs website and couldn't find a vehicle locator <?>
I just called the local glass shop that's done work for me in the past. It's a Novus Glass shop.

Kevin
Sponsored