First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
‘Depending on how far you are from me you are and our schedules I’d be willing to lend a hand.....
Thanks appreciate that.
Sponsored

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Ford Bronco, Gladiator soon!
Good question. I was seconds away from the Edelbrock kit. But looking at some thermal data I had access to from previous endeavors, looking at the comparative intercooler sizes, and talking with @DAVECS1 swayed me over.

Would you say, for someone who doesn’t understand this stuff as in depth as you, that the edelbrock would be a great plug and play option? I’m trying to follow all these super charger threads and it seems like that one is on the easier end. I’ve got 37s w/ 4.10s max tow and I’m just about to entering the towing world with a 3500# camper. I’m gonna need more power! and probably gears :)

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Would you say, for someone who doesn’t understand this stuff as in depth as you, that the edelbrock would be a great plug and play option? I’m trying to follow all these super charger threads and it seems like that one is on the easier end. I’ve got 37s w/ 4.10s max tow and I’m just about to entering the towing world with a 3500# camper. I’m gonna need more power! and probably gears :)
Definitely gears.

From what I know, the Edebrock kit is complete and plug and play. But now that the tuning is worked out with Magnuson, it is as well. The other thing about the Edebrock is theyve only done 10-15 jl/jt kits and no one seems to know anyone who is running it.

The magnuson is going to hold up to heat better, i think, but either kit would work.

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely gears.

From what I know, the Edebrock kit is complete and plug and play. But now that the tuning is worked out with Magnuson, it is as well. The other thing about the Edebrock is theyve only done 10-15 jl/jt kits and no one seems to know anyone who is running it.

The magnuson is going to hold up to heat better, i think, but either kit would work.
Thanks, appreciate the info! On a side note... I’m actually happy in it’s current setup, west coast driving pulling 17-18MPGs no problem. I just know once I start towing, I’m gonna wish I had those gears... but pulling my hair out trying to figure out 4.56, 4.88, 5.13 etc. Suggestions on that magic # that keeps me in a similar power band where I’m not losing out on MPGs? I would think gears would help if anything... but if I over do it I might sacrifice on the MPG and this is my daily driver!

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thanks, appreciate the info! On a side note... I’m actually happy in it’s current setup, west coast driving pulling 17-18MPGs no problem. I just know once I start towing, I’m gonna wish I had those gears... but pulling my hair out trying to figure out 4.56, 4.88, 5.13 etc. Suggestions on that magic # that keeps me in a similar power band where I’m not losing out on MPGs? I would think gears would help if anything... but if I over do it I might sacrifice on the MPG and this is my daily driver!
What size tire; how much lift; how much armor; is a supercharger definite?

Sponsored

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What size tire; how much lift; how much armor; is a supercharger definite?
2” mopar lift w/ 37s, maybe a steel bumper upgrade soon, but not getting a winch. That’s about it, this thing beats up light trails nothing crazy. Super charger is not definite... The gear upgrade along with one of those pedal commander or iDrive things might be just enough to disguise the lack of power for my needs. Honestly, what you have going on in the title is perfect for me..... 20 Mpg with just a slight bump in the “fun to drive” level would be huge! Part of the reason I’m gettin 17-18 mpgs now is cause I’m purposely light footed cause the power is weak.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
2” mopar lift w/ 37s, maybe a steel bumper upgrade soon, but not getting a winch. That’s about it, this thing beats up light trails nothing crazy. Super charger is not definite... The gear upgrade along with one of those pedal commander or iDrive things might be just enough to disguise the lack of power for my needs. Honestly, what you have going on in the title is perfect for me..... 20 Mpg with just a slight bump in the “fun to drive” level would be huge! Part of the reason I’m gettin 17-18 mpgs now is cause I’m purposely light footed cause the power is weak.
Imo 5.13

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yep! The new V4 that was built for me.
let me know what ya want for it when your ready to sell. A supercharger is just a wee bit out of budget for me so I think the Pulsar will fill my needs well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
let me know what ya want for it when your ready to sell. A supercharger is just a wee bit out of budget for me so I think the Pulsar will fill my needs well.
Ill count that as dibs. Id be willing to move on it whenever you are. I can last a week or two. 🤷🏼‍♂️

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Havent decided yet. Local shop gave me a fair labor quote, but i like doing stuff myself. Trying to decide if i value that or my time more. Will probably depend on work schedule.
Let me know if you decide to sell the Pulsar.

Edit. Looks like I'm too late

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation